Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Why so expensive?
Previous  1  2

batya_d

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 2:46 pm
I have a semi-custom/out of the box custom from Yaffa, and I love it!! It was $1800 when I was a kallah a year ago, and they colored it and highlighted exactly to my specifications, the cut was another $100 I think.

ceo

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 5:06 pm
hey its me wrote:
) anyway so she tells me shel bring me in some kiki wigs to look at and it will be between 2000-2200! I was shocked.. I told her how much I wantewd 2 spend and she laughed at me, told me I wont find anything that long for 1000.

now can annyone reccomend me where to go without being ripped off!?!

Oy vey, first off, this woman sounds really obnoxious. Don't go to her! I don't live in NY, but do a search in this forum for Mindel Press. She sells for much less in her home in Boro Park. You can also do a search on this forum for Lisa of Milano wigs in Monsey- someone has listed her phone number.

Edited: here is Mindel Press's number: (718) 633-4546.

Second, you do have to be realistic, I think $1000 is pretty low for a 22" sheitel.

Third, take a look at Judy Wigs (www.judywigs.com). I have two of them. One is 100% European hair and one is the Y2K line (mostly European with some Asian hair mixed in). I am very happy with them. They do have a few long styles and are very reasonably priced. They have a store in Boro Park, on 18th Ave.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:47 pm
ceo wrote:
hey its me wrote:
) anyway so she tells me shel bring me in some kiki wigs to look at and it will be between 2000-2200! I was shocked.. I told her how much I wantewd 2 spend and she laughed at me, told me I wont find anything that long for 1000.

now can annyone reccomend me where to go without being ripped off!?!

Oy vey, first off, this woman sounds really obnoxious. Don't go to her! I don't live in NY, but do a search in this forum for Mindel Press. She sells for much less in her home in Boro Park. You can also do a search on this forum for Lisa of Milano wigs in Monsey- someone has listed her phone number.

Edited: here is Mindel Press's number: (718) 633-4546.

Second, you do have to be realistic, I think $1000 is pretty low for a 22" sheitel.

Third, take a look at Judy Wigs (www.judywigs.com). I have two of them. One is 100% European hair and one is the Y2K line (mostly European with some Asian hair mixed in). I am very happy with them. They do have a few long styles and are very reasonably priced. They have a store in Boro Park, on 18th Ave.

I found this old thread today and looked at the website CEO recommended above. What's their return policy? Did anybody else try their synthetic sheitels? They look amazing. If you did, did you get a skin part?

faigie

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:55 pm
you all got me thinking. why are ladies able to get wigs rom hungary or so much less?
why should a cap cost at least 200???
someone is making a killing somewhere along the line here..........

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 1:33 pm
PROFIT Smile

But unprocessed good hair you need to pay to get it, the rest has nothing to do with price.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels