Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
At the Club
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

gryp

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 2:43 pm
amother, just like you have a valid justification to be inside a club, it's very possible that so do the other ladies that you saw there.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 3:29 pm
I know for a fact my sil and her friends go to bars just to "hang out". It's disgusting. I hope something happens to one of them so that maybe then they'll stop. DISGUSTING. Puke

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 3:33 pm
[quote]I hope something happens to one of them so that maybe then they'll stop. DISGUSTING
Quote:

what exactly would you like to see happen?

mom3boys

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 3:36 pm
Quote:
It's disgusting. I hope something happens to one of them so that maybe then they'll stop.

Something like what? Rape?
How can you say this about another woman, especially your sister. Instead maybe you could try prayer in lieu of wishing harm upon another jew.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 4:27 pm
Glad I'm not your sil, I hope my sil wish better stuff for me...

shoy18

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 5:16 pm
amother wrote:
I know for a fact my sil and her friends go to bars just to "hang out". It's disgusting. I hope something happens to one of them so that maybe then they'll stop. DISGUSTING. Puke

And you see nothing wrong with what you just said?????? saying something or even thinking something like that is probably worse than going to a bar!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:
Glad I'm not your sil, I hope my sil wish better stuff for me...

I don't think you do even a quarter of the bad stuff that she does.

cindy324

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 9:01 pm
Quote:
cindy - please! you obviosly have never been inside a club,

LOL LOL let's see, you said around 21st street? was it Crobar? Or was it on 10th Avenue around 21st - guess that would be the Marquise. Honey, when I said I'm not one to judge is because I can probably point you in the direction of most of the popular spots in NYC. Sometimes , I wonder if people have figured out who I am on this site, but this is proof that they have no clue. Sweetie , I have been to Webster Hall, Shelter and everything in between. DH and I used to be party animals, before we grew out of it. Guess we're mellowing out in our old age LOL We still go sometimes , but it's mostly if we're with a group that wants to go.

Anyhow, my point was that a club isn't the most appropriate place to be, even I'll admit it, but if I'm there , I'm sure as heck not going to wonder and speculate about what two other frum women are doing there, even if they're without their husbands. That's like trying to justify your own wrongdoing by saying "well, at least I'm here with DH, I'm not so bad. Live and let live.

healthymama

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 9:24 pm
Quote:
Live and let live.

AMEN ! PREACH IT SISTAH !!!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 9:43 pm
well if youve been to clubs then you know that its weird to see frum women picking up obviously non jewish guys it looks funny and strange in their sheitels if you want to disagree lets heat it

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:09 pm
healthymama wrote:
Quote:
Live and let live.

AMEN ! PREACH IT SISTAH !!!

I'm the amother who wrote before about my sil:

youre right, live and let live, I give you credit on that HOWEVER, TO THE POINT WHERE YOU DON'T GO BASHMITZING YOUR WHOLE FAMILY. Can you even begin to imagine how much suffering my In laws are going through because my SIL likes to go clubbing with her friends and make a fool of herself?? Why do I, an innocent person who doesnt care for this lifestyle have to hear about it from so many people on the street????? Why do I have to be embarrassed to be known as HER SIL???? You want to hack a layben? go right ahead, You want to ruin your kids futures by having the world talk about you? go right ahead. DON'T PULL ME ALONG WITH YOU. I don't have to suffer because of you. I don't have to hear when I call someplace for any reason, "oh, youre this and this persons sil, ummmmmmm I'll have to get back to you". Why do I have to suffer so that you can have a grand time clubbing and staying out till who knows when. What will your children think of you when they get older? If you like this lifestyle so much, drop yiddishkiet. You anyways went uncovered. Everyone saw you, you thought you looked great, let me tell you, YOU LOOKED DISGUSTING. In front of fremdeh men you paraded yourself thinking you look so S*xy. Is attention from your husband not enough?? Do you not even know what a gem of a husband you have?
I have to stop before I really get mad.
Now don't you all go telling me that I'm crazy. YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IN MY SHOES.

shayna82

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:17 pm
I dont mean to lessen the burden that has landed on your shoulders, but what about having a different outlook on it and not taking peoples judging or talk in a bad way. so this woman obviously needs some direction, and talking behind her back will not help her in any way shape or form. I know people like this, and alot of the time its an attention seeking personality- craving everyone to talk about her. let it be. ignore the talk and have pride and show that behind every book there is a cover. shes probably a sweet person, but is missing some inspiration and direction.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:20 pm
shayna, you might be right, but you know, there were soooooo many people who tried talking some sense into her, she just shrugs it off, or rather laughs it off very heartily and just couldnt give a darn. Thats what hurts the most, she lives in a bubble but doesnt realize that when that bubble will burst, noone will be there for her.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:22 pm
Her husband should leave her & take the kids, why is hestaying in this marriage.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:26 pm
It came to a point where he just gave up and said do whatever you want. He's hoping she'll wake up someday soon. Very sad indeed. You know, a saying just came to mind I heard not too long ago: Chassidishe people just can't become modern, modern people can become more modern, chassidishe people just become frye and rebellious. It applies here unfortunalty very well.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:30 pm
Well if he would just leave her & get done with it, It will save the kids they dont' need this & neither does he.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:33 pm
Youre right, I don't know anymore what to say, I'm sick of this. Puke so in reference to my comment before about something happening: maybe that would wake her up.

cindy324

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:34 pm
Look , I can understand your point, but it's a little ridiculous how much you worry about people judging YOU based on your SIL's actions. Every family has a black sheep, or at least a skeleton or two in their closet, and if people broke shidduchim or engagements based on the actions of a member of your extended family, there would be nobody getting married!

You're entitled to your opinion on your SIL's life, but it is her life to live or ruin if she so chooses. Just because you don't like it, she does not have to change.

And to the club amother, in your original post you wrote that they were talking to strange men. How does that translate to all of a sudden , "picking up men"? Were you standing that close, that you were able to hear their conversation? In a club, you'd have to stand right next to them to hear anything fromall the music going on. Maybe they did know the men from somewhere and were saying hello. Maybe the men started talking to them, and they responded so as not to be rude. You can't just assume like that that they were picking up men Rolling Eyes

momof6

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:36 pm
amother wrote:

You hope something happens to them Twisted Evil
That's disgusting Puke

amother

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:36 pm
WHATEVER Rolling Eyes
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics