Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Question about e-baying
Previous  1  2

newme

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 7:02 am
Thanks, Shayna for your reply, I guess it gave me something to think about...
Basically, I understand you sell from the USA just import your products from Israel - is that correct?

su7kids

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 10:27 am
Ebay's stores fees have gone up lately and unless you have a decent price coming in from your merchandise, its not worth it.

What happens with the store items is, if a person is looking for, say a "denim skirt": They type in to the search "denim skirt" and I thikn its up to 20 items come up from the AUCTIONS, but if there are not enough auctions, then they show you a list from stores. So, that is one way, if you have not an excess of items that are being sold on ebay, to have it show up, or once people know you, they can save your store in their favorites.

I'm still holding a store, and I definitely can tell you its not worth it for me, but my items are $2.95 each.

su7kids

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 10:27 am
Ebay's stores fees have gone up lately and unless you have a decent price coming in from your merchandise, its not worth it.

What happens with the store items is, if a person is looking for, say a "denim skirt": They type in to the search "denim skirt" and I thikn its up to 20 items come up from the AUCTIONS, but if there are not enough auctions, then they show you a list from stores. So, that is one way, if you have not an excess of items that are being sold on ebay, to have it show up, or once people know you, they can save your store in their favorites.

I'm still holding a store, and I definitely can tell you its not worth it for me, but my items are $2.95 each.

gryp

Post Thu, Nov 16 2006, 9:59 pm
shayna82, or someone else who sells on ebay, can you tell me how it works? what's the best way to sell if you have multiple items of the same thing but let's say in different sizes or different colors? what if someone wants to buy more than one thing at a time? is the auction the best way to go for that or is a store better for this type of thing?

TIA.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 16 2006, 10:00 pm
you can do an auction, just list the quantity.

roza

Post Thu, Nov 16 2006, 10:37 pm
List individualy (by size and/ or color). bec. ppl search by size and type.

If you have same size but different colors - include pictures of colors and state clearly that such and such colors are available and buyers need to let you know what color they want when paying.

If you have totally identical items then you use something called "Multiple Item Auction", read about it here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy......html

su7kids

Post Fri, Nov 17 2006, 12:02 am
GR wrote:
shayna82, or someone else who sells on ebay, can you tell me how it works? what's the best way to sell if you have multiple items of the same thing but let's say in different sizes or different colors? what if someone wants to buy more than one thing at a time? is the auction the best way to go for that or is a store better for this type of thing?

TIA.

That's called a Dutch Auction, and people can bid and the price it goes for is the highest, I think. I'm not 100% sure, but you can look up "dutch auction" on ebay.com

gryp

Post Fri, Nov 17 2006, 10:05 am
Thanks everyone.

gotta go get busy now selling stuff. Smile

shayna82

Post Fri, Nov 17 2006, 10:20 am
GR wrote:

TIA.

a store is only worth it if you have a large cash flow from products on a weekly basis.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics