Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Trader joe's
Previous  1  2

chatouli

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 1:08 pm
chavamom wrote:
chatouli wrote:

The pizza dough is in the refrigerated section. It comes in plain and herb flavor.

I bought it the other day and didn't look at the packaging - doesn't have a hechsher anymore. Sad

That is terrible! I wonder if it is true at all TJ's nationwide. The one in Brooklyn had a favorite treat of mine (the sea salt brownies) with a hechsher. When I lived there, I absolutely fressed them. I moved and hadn't been there in a year. When I went back they no longer had a hechsher Sad and I think it is b/c they started to supply the store with the same product made in their CA facility instead of their MA one. Maybe the same thing happened at your TJ's with the pizza dough. Could be the MA facility is supplying stores elsewhere. What a disappointment Sad

amother

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 2:18 pm
Does anyone know if they accept Food Stamps?

chavamom

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 4:23 pm
greeneyes wrote:
chavamom wrote:
Lowest price in town for Earth Balance margarine (non-hydrogenated) unless it is on sale at Whole foods.
White whole wheat flour - it's what I make my challah out of
Great price on maple syrup.
Dorot garlic and basil cubes (how could you ladies forget those???)
Some of their frozen fruits and veggies are fine without a hechsher.
Israeli (chalav yisrael) feta
Tillamook vegetarian kosher cheddar (non-chalav yisrael)
Our store gets a whole assortment of kosher meats
Lots of nuts/dried fruits with a hechsher
Flavored soda water

At this point, I do a huge amount of my shopping at TJ's. My favorite place to shop.

Chavamom, which of their frozen fruits and veggies are ok without a hechsher?

AYLOR - but we buy unprocessed frozen veggies w/o a hechsher. We get the frozen french green beans all the time. Frozen berries. Frozen whole corn. There may be a machlokes about buying sliced things, I don't know, but we were told it is fine and get the "Melange a Trois" frozen pepper mix (it's just frozen sliced mix of colored peppers, no additives). They actually sell frozen avocado halves with an OU part of the year (which sounds weird but makes excellent guacamole).

amother

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone know if they accept Food Stamps?

Yes, they do.

bastorah1

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 9:57 pm
At our Trader Joe's they have cholov yisroel feta cheese that is the best I have ever had. Also they sell vegetable soups and broths in cartons... alll ou pareve... much cheaper than anywhere else. Also Empire boneless skinless thighs... very very cheap...

yaeli83

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 10:36 pm
If you like having fresh lettuce with out having to check it, they have awesome bagged butter lettuce with a hechsher- I was told you don't need to check. It's much better than the fresh express or the dole bagged salads with a hechsher.
we also like the cherry chocolate chip parve ice cream, and they have lots of fun sauces and spreads that you can't find in other places.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics