Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
FDA ANNOUNCES HCG DIET UNSAFE AND UNREGULATED
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 6:49 pm
amother wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
amother wrote:
Yes! Me! Pretty please?
HCGISRAEL

I'll relay your request there too. Thanks.

Different Amother - I'm curious, can anyone do the HCG diet, and have success or is it only for people who want to lose a substantial amount of weight?

TIA!

Any one who wants to lose any amount of pounds or inches. In fact, the (frum) fellow who founded Ketomist was only looking to lose 20 or so pounds, but mostly from places he had a hard time getting the inches off of.

If you're interested in more info, please PM me so that we don't get flamed here.

Maya

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 7:21 pm
I find it unbelievable that after reading all these articles about the dangers of this diet, people are still thinking of doing it.

And this is coming from a woman who has gained 60 pounds - and gone from a size 2 to a 12 - since getting married six years ago. Despite being desperate to lose at least some of it, I would never consider a diet as unhealthy as this one.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 7:27 pm
HAHA!!!THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS SAYING...People selling hcg wanna..AVOID THE BASHERS, GO UNDERCOVER...SELL THESE THINGS IN THE BACK ALLEY...AWAY FROM ALL SCRUTINY...HUH????

oot bubby, can I buy HCG in any legitimate store or pharmacy??????

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 7:33 pm
amother wrote:

oot bubby, can I buy HCG in any legitimate store or pharmacy??????

I actually saw it (drop form) the other day in the pharmacy section of my local (national chain) supermarket.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 7:42 pm
People beware. The side effects are unknown. Vegans tout their way of life as the healthiest but it can seriously cause severe health problems (see voracioseaters.com). The side effects can come out many years later.

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 7:44 pm
I'm sorry that I posted this in a place where you could be anonymous.

I'm curious if all these amothers are indeed just one poster. Know what I'm sayin'?

Barbara

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 7:56 pm
amother wrote:
People beware. The side effects are unknown. Vegans tout their way of life as the healthiest but it can seriously cause severe health problems (see voracioseaters.com). The side effects can come out many years later.

Here's the original protocol:

Quote:
Breakfast:

Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

No nutritional value.

Quote:
Lunch:

1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.

2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

3. One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.

4. An apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

That's 3-1/2 oz of protein, by way of translation.

Quote:
Dinner :

The same four choices as lunch (above.)

Moreover,
Quote:
No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and powder may he used without special permission.
I take it that means no vitamins.

As to veggies, another site differs a bit:

Quote:
Vegetables

One large handful of the following vegetables raw, steamed, or grilled (without oil, butter, margarine or lard). Also, don't mix more than 3 vegetables in the same meal:
Salads:
Spinach
Beet greens
Lettuces of any kind
Field greens (dandelion, rocket, radicchio, cilantro, basil, etc.)
Tomatoes
Celery
Red radishes
Cucumbers

Steamable or Grillable:
Fennel root
White, yellow, or red onions
Asparagus
Cabbage
Chard
Tomatoes
Spinach

But wait, if you think THAT doesn't meet your nutirtional needs, what happens if you don't lose weight?

Quote:
No Fruit Day:

If your weight stays the same for four days in a row (after weighing on the 4th morning of a given 4 day period)
Cut out all fruit for that day only.
Increase proteins to 120 grams.
Drink nothing except a small amount of water, just enough to quench your thirst.
You should experience a drop in weight on the fifth morning.

Does anyone really, legitimately, believe that this is safe to do for AT LEAST 23 days, and up to 50 days (per the "coach" I read), without medical supervision?

overthehill

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:08 pm
I find it very strange that a new amother is "popping up" in the middle of a thread bashing this diet, asking to be on it. [amother was verified to be NOT OOTbubby]

I will say it under my signature name, and roast me if you wish but I think OOTBubby is having a one way conversation with herself and she is amother.

Certain things are coincidental, but this goes under the category of bizarre.

BTW, I dont even know how something proven to be so medically unhealthy is allowed to be promoted on this website.

Perhaps I should advertise the benefits of marijuana and sell it. After all it helps people too... but Im not going there.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:12 pm
overthehill wrote:
I find it very strange that a new amother is "popping up" in the middle of a thread bashing this diet, asking to be on it.

I will say it under my signature name, and roast me if you wish but I think OOTBubby is having a one way conversation with herself and she is amother.

Certain things are coincidental, but this goes under the category of bizarre.

BTW, I dont even know how something proven to be so medically unhealthy is allowed to be promoted on this website.

Perhaps I should advertise the benefits of marijuana and sell it. After all it helps people too... but Im not going there.

Everyone has the right to disagree. I am posting as OOTBubby and have only posted as OOTBubby in this thread and in all threads relating to HCG. I am a respected poster here (whether you agree with me or not) with many posts. I do not make false posts as imamother. Yael has ways to tell that. Please feel free to PM her and ask her to investigate. I am very upset and will report your post.

tikva18

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:17 pm
aidelmaidel wrote:
WOW. You can't even handle a thread that states a news story reporting the FDA's claims that HCG Diets are illegal? You have to turn this thread into something else where you scream about "haters".

I care about people's HEALTH. The FDA isn't looking to make money. They want to make sure people don't DIE.

I sincerely hope there isn't a private HCG forum, because as per the federal government it's dangerous.

I did not slog through all the pages of this thread, but I know many people who have used the Hcg diet responsibly with great success and kept the weight off. I think the FDA is just out to market their own product by some big pharma company that doesn't work as well... so they have to shut this one down.

FTR, I don't and will not do the hcg diet as I weigh just about what I should. Smile

ETA: further people have gotten rid of diabetes after following this diet - yet again, another reason why the FDA wouldn't want it- who's going to use those diabetic meds if they cure themselves?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:19 pm
tikva18 wrote:
aidelmaidel wrote:
WOW. You can't even handle a thread that states a news story reporting the FDA's claims that HCG Diets are illegal? You have to turn this thread into something else where you scream about "haters".

I care about people's HEALTH. The FDA isn't looking to make money. They want to make sure people don't DIE.

I sincerely hope there isn't a private HCG forum, because as per the federal government it's dangerous.

I did not slog through all the pages of this thread, but I know many people who have used the Hcg diet responsibly with great success and kept the weight off. I think the FDA is just out to market their own product by some big pharma company that doesn't work as well... so they have to shut this one down.

FTR, I don't and will not do the hcg diet as I weigh just about what I should. Smile

Thank you for being supportive though I doubt the FDA is going to market something competitive or similar.

tikva18

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:26 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
tikva18 wrote:
aidelmaidel wrote:

Thank you for being supportive though I doubt the FDA is going to market something competitive or similar.

No they won't because there won't be anyone to use the metformin, januvia, pramdin, gliburide, etc. - and that would be a big lose for Big Pharma and thus the FDA.

I did not used to be this cynical. I used to be really quiet and extremely shy and never bothered to form an opinion because I knew no one would listen to me. Something happened. - lol

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:29 pm
tikva18 wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
tikva18 wrote:
aidelmaidel wrote:

No they won't because there won't be anyone to use the metformin, januvia, pramdin, gliburide, etc. - and that would be a big lose for Big Pharma and thus the FDA.

I did not used to be this cynical. I used to be really quiet and extremely shy and never bothered to form an opinion because I knew no one would listen to me. Something happened. - lol

Since I know who you are IRL (and I presume you know who I am -- hey -- if so, you can attest that I am well known person in our community and not a liar who would make anonymous posts to support myself), I can attest that my impression of you was always as someone quiet and shy.

And you're right; people have gotten off of diabetes meds with the HHCG protocol as well as blood pressure and cholesterol meds. At the moment my physician is reevaluating some of my medications for this reason.

overthehill

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:38 pm
You know what? You claim to be innocent...but your not. A few months ago on a weight loss thread there was "amother" who was looking for advice for a diet to go on and no matter how many times she told you she wasnt interested in your diet because it was unsafe and unhealthy, you wouldnt let it go and kept on pushing it. You even apologized when she called you out on it.

If you dont have much to gain, which I dont believe, you wouldnt be pushing this diet as if its the best thing since sliced bread.

Really. Tell everyone the truth.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:41 pm
overthehill wrote:
You know what? You claim to be innocent...but your not. A few months ago on a weight loss thread there was "amother" who was looking for advice for a diet to go on and no matter how many times she told you she wasnt interested in your diet because it was unsafe and unhealthy, you wouldnt let it go and kept on pushing it. You even apologized when she called you out on it.

If you dont have much to gain, which I dont believe, you wouldnt be pushing this diet as if its the best thing since sliced bread.

Really. Tell everyone the truth.

Yes, I was wrong there and I DID apologize.

I did not then and have not now or ever though posted as imamother in any HHCG thread.

And to prove I don't have anything significant to gain (and this will make it nothing other than knowing I've helped someone) I am willing to refund the small commission I receive to anyone who purchases through my link and requests it (I just need their purchasing email address to confirm their purchase).

I am forever grateful to the anonymous poster here from whom I found about HHCG. If I knew who she was, I'd thank her a million times.

princessleah

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 9:07 pm
The FDA DOES NOT MARKET PRODUCTS. Nor does big pharma pay them to approve medications.
They are a regulatory agency. I don't think lobbyists can go to the FDA directly. I'm sure the pharmacy industry has lobbyists that lobby congress for looser regulations on approving medications and stricter regulations for not allowing generics to come out.

But they do not make a profit from people buying metformin!!!

Anyway, can someone try and explain to me how this diet works-- it sounds like anyone would lose weight eating 500 calories per day -- that is a very large decrease! And of course if you cut out fruit and all liquid you will weigh less the next day-- it's called water weight. It happens the night after yom kippur too.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 9:12 pm
princessleah wrote:

Anyway, can someone try and explain to me how this diet works-- it sounds like anyone would lose weight eating 500 calories per day -- that is a very large decrease! And of course if you cut out fruit and all liquid you will weigh less the next day-- it's called water weight. It happens the night after yom kippur too.

Am not sure if you really want an answer to the question, but here goes:

If you would eat 500 calories without the HHCG your body would quickly go into starvation mode and you'd stop losing. That doesn't happen with HHCG.

I was actually once on a diet with slightly more calories (around 750) and barely lost anything and was starving.

The combination of the 500 calorie diet plus the HHCG gives you rapid weight loss without feeling hungry. I don't want to go into this more here in this thread, but if you would like to know more (even if you aren't personally interested) about how it works, please see the other threads on the subject.

honeygold

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 9:15 pm
princessleah wrote:
The FDA DOES NOT MARKET PRODUCTS. Nor does big pharma pay them to approve medications.
They are a regulatory agency. I don't think lobbyists can go to the FDA directly. I'm sure the pharmacy industry has lobbyists that lobby congress for looser regulations on approving medications and stricter regulations for not allowing generics to come out.

But they do not make a profit from people buying metformin!!!

Thank you for explaining that to everyone here. I could not have said it any better.

Della

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 9:27 pm
I can't believe after the FDA came down on this, people are still considering using it? Really??

I had hurt my elbow playing sports years ago. Three cortisone shots later, I was considering surgery. Then my doctor prescribed an anti-inflamatory oral medication, and it was amazing, unbelievable.

Well, unbelievable, because soon thereafter the FDA found it linked to increase in heart attacks. (I can't remember the med name).

So even though I'm an intelligent woman, wife and mother to five children, I thought, what the heck, heart attack/shmart attack, I'll keep taking it.

Whoa...not exactly. I used my brains and sense of responsibility and PROMPTY CEASED TAKING it. It didn't matter how much I enjoyed the effects (pain cessation). I value my life.

I would also like to lose weight. But I love my children and DH and my LIFE more.

How can anyone still promote this in good conscience? Will you be okay when the first person dies (CVS) from this?

overthehill

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 9:30 pm
And I wish someone would explain to me why my posts are being reported. I just called a spade a spade. Hey sometimes, the truth hurts.

And by the way, feel free to report this too.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise