Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
FDA ANNOUNCES HCG DIET UNSAFE AND UNREGULATED
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 9:48 pm
Barbara wrote:

Oh. please. Do you really believe that?

Are you aware that HCG is also administered by doctors (aka quacks), via injection? That its a prescription drug? (Which is part of the FDA's problem, of course.) And that if it *were* effective, it would be a real boon to the pharmaceutical industry, which could market it, and to doctors. Because Very Low Calorie Diets should always -- always, always, always -- be medically monitored.

Do you really think that large pharmaceutical companies, which go through years of testing, are pure evil, while supplement makers, which make claims that they refuse to substantiate -- and in the case of HCG, given that there are double-digits of studies going back 50 years showing that it doesn't work, cannot substantiate -- are white knights?

Most importantly, do you know what the FDA is? Do you know that it DOES NOT MARKET DRUGS.

Do you know how long it takes for a drug to be developed, tested, and go through the FDA approval process?

Hidden: 

On the average, 8 to 12 years.

Do you know what percentage of drugs that make it to preclinical testing actually proceed to human testing?

Hidden: 

10%

Do you know what percentage of those drugs are ever actually approved by the FDA for human use?

Hidden: 

20% of the ones tested on humans

Do you know how much its costs to develop a drug?

Hidden: 

On average, it will cost a company $359 million to develop a new drug from the research lab to the patient.

Sure, the FDA has its problems, and the drug companies are no angels, but to suggest that the FDA is a mere rubber stamp and tool of the pharmaceutical industry is ridiculous.

Just like its ridiculous to say that the people who slap claims on a bottle with no proof of those claims are more honest than those who spend $359 million testing and developing their products.

Yes

I'm tired of the FDA getting demonized because they don't say yes to every quack theory out there.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 10:12 pm
[quote="OOTBubby"]
overthehill wrote:
You know what? You claim to be innocent...but your not. A few months ago on a weight loss thread there was "amother" who was looking for advice for a diet to go on and no matter how many times she told you she wasnt interested in your diet because it was unsafe and unhealthy, you wouldnt let it go and kept on pushing it. You even apologized when she called you out on it.

If you dont have much to gain, which I dont believe, you wouldnt be pushing this diet as if its the best thing since sliced bread.

Really. Tell everyone the truth.

Yes, I was wrong there and I DID apologize.

I did not then and have not now or ever though posted as imamother in any HHCG thread.

And to prove I don't have anything significant to gain (and this will make it nothing other than knowing I've helped someone) I am willing to refund the small commission I receive to anyone who purchases through my link and requests it (I just need their purchasing email address to confirm their purchase).

I am forever grateful to the anonymous poster here from whom I found about HHCG. If I knew who she was, I'd thank her a million times.[/quote]

Can you please post a link to that thread? I actually think that I was that amother , I just couldn't believe that I didn't know about
this after so many years of dieting and research, and so decided to share this with my fellow imamothers.
I
dieted for years very strictly. I actually fasted a couple of times a week, following this:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t.....QG-eg

I also did very low calorie diet and yet nothing no weight loss. But basically I ate organic, non processed foods,mostly protiens and vegetables. I had some fruits and a tiny amount of quinoa, kasha and brown rice.
I did this for years without giving up because I'm just very determined!
I was also exercising,
6-7 days a week, doing aerobics, HIIT, weight training etc... Yet nothing Crying
My doctor told me about this and wow chasdei Hashem!

This has been the only thing that works and as jessica said:"HHCG was my last option. But now it is also my LAST option in a different way. I do not have to look anywhere else, I am losing weight"

[color=indigo]HCGMOM/color]

amother

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 10:21 pm
Sorry about the messy post I'll try again.

Can you please post a link to that threadOotbubby? I actually think that I was that amother , I just couldn't believe that I didn't know about this after so many years of dieting and research, and so decided to share this with my fellow imamothers.

I dieted for years very strictly. I actually fasted a couple of times a week, following this:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t.....J9DywQG-eg

I also did very low calorie diet and yet nothing no weight loss. But basically I ate organic, non processed foods,mostly protiens and vegetables. I had some fruits and a tiny amount of quinoa, kasha and brown rice.
I did this for years without giving up because I'm just very determined!

I was also exercising, 6-7 days a week, doing aerobics, HIIT, weight training etc... Yet nothing
My doctor told me about this and wow chasdei Hashem!

This has been the only thing that works and as jessica said earlier in the thread:"HHCG was my last option. But now it is also my LAST option in a different way. I do not have to look anywhere else, I am losing weight"

HCGMOM

Blue12

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 1:53 am
Seriously, I think you should try OA. It's free, and helps you gain freedom from food thoughts and emotional eating. If you know anything about dieting, it's not just changing the types or amounts of food you eat. It's changing the entire way you relate to food. I am in special education. There are behavior modification programs that get students to change their behaviors. There are the ones that reinforce good behavior and punish bad and there are other ones which help the student do self-monitoring AND help him change his thought patterns when it comes to behavior and handling a situation which might cause him to do the bad behavior. Hmmm...I wonder which one is more effective...Well, it's the one that helps the student change the thought patterns long after the behavior modification program has ended.
There you go!
You have to change your thought patterns around food. If you do the ostrich in the sand and think that THIS will be the diet to end all diets, you are WRONG. Boy are you wrong. Yes you have changed the food selection you have chosen but the second you stop and eat that one doughnut---it's all downhill from here.

If you change your thought patterns around food, and you have learned how to handle situations without emotional eating, eating from boredom or just because everyone else is, you will have changed yourself FOR LIFE, and guess what??? It's free too.

If you have an eating problem (I generally think that people who have 50+) lbs or if you have dieted for years (grapefruit diet, weight watchers, south beach, rambam life transforming diet, you name the diet that's in...HCG) then you have hopped on the diet bandwagon, and have eating problems.

Here's the link for OA. http://www.oa.org/ Read is OA for you? under the newcomer's tab.

Stop wasting your time with quick fixes (OOT bby will debate this isn't a quick fix because you can continue to eat like this and consume hcg for years, but I know it is since the second you pick up that forbidden food you are DONE, man!)
and try this.

Let me ask you? Does R' Twersky support HCG? No. because it's not safe. It's a flimsy bandaid on a gushing wound that needs stitches. He supports OA.

There are meetings everywhere. You will have support 24/7.
Boro park, lakewood, baltimore, israel.

And if you just need something to loose a bit of weight and you are not a compulsive overeater, promise me you'll do something safe like increase your self-awareness to discover the foods you are powerless over and just stop eating them, find an alternative activity to do when bored and talk out your feelings and examine proper serving sizes. That's a diet that works!!!! Don't take some dangerous substance. YOu owe it to yourself.
Don't cheat yourself.

chizuk

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 2:30 am
what is the hcg diet? what does it stand for?

Levtov

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 4:07 am
chizuk wrote:
Good Morning!!!

Seraph

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 4:12 am
Blue12 wrote:
Seriously, I think you should try OA. It's free, and helps you gain freedom from food thoughts and emotional eating.
Uh, OA certainly isn't for everyone. I had big problems with OA.

Blue12

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 5:14 am
hmmm...maybe I did forget that 1 approach may not suit everyone, but at least the people with weight issues should try something proven, GROUNDED, all encompassing (changing thought patterns around food and eliminating problem foods) and supported by medical and psychological experts unlike some fly-by-night snake-oil potion for weight-loss that has been discouraged by the FDA, instead of resorting to some flimsy bandaid for a larger-scale problem.

honeygold

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 5:52 am
HindaRochel wrote:
Barbara wrote:

Oh. please. Do you really believe that?

Are you aware that HCG is also administered by doctors (aka quacks), via injection? That its a prescription drug? (Which is part of the FDA's problem, of course.) And that if it *were* effective, it would be a real boon to the pharmaceutical industry, which could market it, and to doctors. Because Very Low Calorie Diets should always -- always, always, always -- be medically monitored.

Do you really think that large pharmaceutical companies, which go through years of testing, are pure evil, while supplement makers, which make claims that they refuse to substantiate -- and in the case of HCG, given that there are double-digits of studies going back 50 years showing that it doesn't work, cannot substantiate -- are white knights?

Most importantly, do you know what the FDA is? Do you know that it DOES NOT MARKET DRUGS.

Do you know how long it takes for a drug to be developed, tested, and go through the FDA approval process?

Hidden: 

On the average, 8 to 12 years.

Do you know what percentage of drugs that make it to preclinical testing actually proceed to human testing?

Hidden: 

10%

Do you know what percentage of those drugs are ever actually approved by the FDA for human use?

Hidden: 

20% of the ones tested on humans

Do you know how much its costs to develop a drug?

Hidden: 

On average, it will cost a company $359 million to develop a new drug from the research lab to the patient.

Sure, the FDA has its problems, and the drug companies are no angels, but to suggest that the FDA is a mere rubber stamp and tool of the pharmaceutical industry is ridiculous.

Just like its ridiculous to say that the people who slap claims on a bottle with no proof of those claims are more honest than those who spend $359 million testing and developing their products.

Yes

I'm tired of the FDA getting demonized because they don't say yes to every quack theory out there.

Well said Barbara, I think people need to understand what the FDA is all about and how much time and money goes into getting a drug approved. The FDA is not a marketing company, it is an important organization that ensures the safety of Food and Drugs.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 6:01 am
I am leaving this thread. Too many people here are only interested in what they think and are not willing to listen to anyone else's opinion (see how many times I've needed to say the same thing over and over again befause no one listened the first time).

I will make one final statement on the subject here.

If anyone is truly interested in HHCG and would like to discuss it, please feel free to post in one of the other threads about it or to PM me.

I have been using Ketomist's brand of HHCG for almost a year and half. I have previously tried virtually every diet there is and nothing worked.

Ketomist worked for me. I have lost weight quickly and easily and have kept it off. I have learned how to eat for my body for the rest of my life to maintain my weight.

I do not own or sell Ketomist. If you purchase it through the link I've posted, I do receive a small sales commission. I promote it because I believe in it and because it has changed my life tremendously.

Good luck to all.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 6:08 am
As someone who has successfully kept off the weight, without any real difficulty, for close to a year after completing the one hcg protocol, I feel that the diet most certainly changed my relationship with food.

For one, I realise that in comparison to how I used to eat, I feel satiated with smaller portions. Whilst the very restricted diet in the second phase of the protocol is not sustainable long term, it truly awakened within me the realisation that humans actually need very little food . As a result, I have toned down my cooking and menu planning. We eat a variety of nutricious and delicious foods, but less off it. Of course one can come to this realisation without hcg, but in this day and age we are so surrounded by so much variety and plenty, that we think we need so much more than we do.

The hcg diet also taught me how to reduce my carb intake. I still eat carbs, but far less than I used to. Again, I could have done atkins or south beach or the dukan diet and gotten the same result, but I found that the maintanence diet provided by ketomist with clear instructions on how to reintroduce carbs was excellent. I enjoy crbs, but I restrict my intake, which as far as I can tell is an integral part of following a healthy eating plan.

Thirdly and most importantly, the rapid weight loss was and is the best motivator!!!
Whenever I feel that I am about to fall off the wagon and get really tempted by something I shouldn't, one glance in the mirror helps me keep it together. Before hcg I was always on the way to reaching my goal, but it always took so long to get there, making it so much harder. I am already there!! I have done it and therefore I stick with it.

I will admit to having days( quite a few, think yom tov, parties etc) where I have thrown caution to the wind and just enjoyed myself. I did not gain an ounce from any of it and when things went back to normal I was able to resume a more careful diet without those horrible feelings of guilt and hopelessness that often cause people to regain the weight they lost.

So for me hcg did change my relationship with food for the better. I look and feel terrific!

I consider myself an intelligent woman and I did research the protocol before I started it and went in knowing that there may be unknown risks or that the homeopathic spay I ended up using may have been nothing more than water. But, I found the low calorie diet manageable, I was at no point uncomfortable or starving and have maintained with ease.

I tell anyone who asks me that they need to do their own research with regards to the diet and make themselves aware of all possible risks. But in this post I just wanted to address the poster who emphasised the importance of changing our relationship with food. IMVHO, the hcg diet does just that!

chizuk

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 6:41 am
Levtov wrote:
chizuk wrote:
Good Morning!!!

lev tov means treating someone nicely. sorry I dont know what hcg is. it could have been so much simpler and nicer to just tell me what it was.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 6:42 am
chizuk wrote:

HCG = Human chorionic gonadotropin

Hormone produced by the embryo during pregnancy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.....ropin

One doctor in India came up with the idea of injecting the hormone in people who were overweight and putting them on a strict calorie reduced diet. 500 calories if you've been keeping up.

HCG is used for fertility treatment.

chizuk

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 6:45 am
thank you so much for taking the time to explain it to me. I really appreciate it.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 6:59 am
N.P.

BTW the Mayo Clinic has some good advice on losing weight sensibly and safely.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/heal.....00616

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 7:36 am
amother wrote:
As someone who has successfully kept off the weight, without any real difficulty, for close to a year after completing the one hcg protocol, I feel that the diet most certainly changed my relationship with food.

For one, I realise that in comparison to how I used to eat, I feel satiated with smaller portions. Whilst the very restricted diet in the second phase of the protocol is not sustainable long term, it truly awakened within me the realisation that humans actually need very little food . As a result, I have toned down my cooking and menu planning. We eat a variety of nutricious and delicious foods, but less off it. Of course one can come to this realisation without hcg, but in this day and age we are so surrounded by so much variety and plenty, that we think we need so much more than we do.

The hcg diet also taught me how to reduce my carb intake. I still eat carbs, but far less than I used to. Again, I could have done atkins or south beach or the dukan diet and gotten the same result, but I found that the maintanence diet provided by ketomist with clear instructions on how to reintroduce carbs was excellent. I enjoy crbs, but I restrict my intake, which as far as I can tell is an integral part of following a healthy eating plan.

Thirdly and most importantly, the rapid weight loss was and is the best motivator!!!
Whenever I feel that I am about to fall off the wagon and get really tempted by something I shouldn't, one glance in the mirror helps me keep it together. Before hcg I was always on the way to reaching my goal, but it always took so long to get there, making it so much harder. I am already there!! I have done it and therefore I stick with it.

I will admit to having days( quite a few, think yom tov, parties etc) where I have thrown caution to the wind and just enjoyed myself. I did not gain an ounce from any of it and when things went back to normal I was able to resume a more careful diet without those horrible feelings of guilt and hopelessness that often cause people to regain the weight they lost.

So for me hcg did change my relationship with food for the better. I look and feel terrific!

I consider myself an intelligent woman and I did research the protocol before I started it and went in knowing that there may be unknown risks or that the homeopathic spay I ended up using may have been nothing more than water. But, I found the low calorie diet manageable, I was at no point uncomfortable or starving and have maintained with ease.

I tell anyone who asks me that they need to do their own research with regards to the diet and make themselves aware of all possible risks. But in this post I just wanted to address the poster who emphasised the importance of changing our relationship with food. IMVHO, the hcg diet does just that!

I totally agree!

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 7:50 am
imho anyone who is asserting the benefits of this method should not be amother.

Della

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 8:41 am
HindaRochel wrote:

I agree 100%. What are you hiding? Aren't you proud?

OOT, I DO understand that this diet works for you, and for many others. You don't have to keep repeating that. I get it.

My issue, however, and that of all the other (non-amother BTW) posters is that while it works, it is DANGEROUS. See? And to assert that the FDA has some plans to sell their own products, is , well how do I say this respectfully? Uninformed at best.

Would you give this to your own child, as it's banned by the FDA? Actually, you probably would, so never mind.

I wish you the best of luck, and truly hope no one gets hurt.

ally

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 9:03 am
Monsey Mom wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

I agree 100%. What are you hiding? Aren't you proud?

OOT, I DO understand that this diet works for you, and for many others. You don't have to keep repeating that. I get it.

My issue, however, and that of all the other (non-amother BTW) posters is that while it works, it is DANGEROUS. See? And to assert that the FDA has some plans to sell their own products, is , well how do I say this respectfully? Uninformed at best.

Would you give this to your own child, as it's banned by the FDA? Actually, you probably would, so never mind.

I wish you the best of luck, and truly hope no one gets hurt.

There are women on this website who are doing this diet while nursing, so yeh.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 9:28 am
HindaRochel wrote:

Now why shouldn't I? I've revealed so much here that if any of my friends or family members read this, they'd know right away who I am and of course my screen name.

Everyone, just be greatful that you CAN use other methods of weightloss. I just can't it doesn't work due to the many hormonal issues I have. Just count your blessings and don't judge anyone else doing something that in YOUR opinion is dangerous.
Many of us are doing this under dr's supervision. And as ootbubby said- she's forever greatful to the amother[myself] who shared and thus was the shaliach for her weightloss.
I know that the reason I originally shared this, almost 2 years ago is because I had such Hakoros Hatov to HKB"H that I wanted to help other woman get out of the prison of despair and depression that the inability to lose weight caused me.

HCGMOM
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise