Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
So I stopped the HCG Diet, Now What????
Previous  1  2  3  Next

overthehill

Post Fri, Dec 09 2011, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
overthehill wrote:
And my question is why is it permitted on this site to advertise ad nauseum a product that is so unsafe and has been recalled??

Is this a free for all?

People who are desperate to lose wight might do drastic things without realizing the reprecussions.

Giving them the bait for this is reprehensible, irresponsible, and selfish.

Who is advertising? We are just giving over our experience with the hhcg.

And what repercussions would that be? How can you be so confident in the harm it causes without any experience in taking this.

I'm in my 5th round doing this and have lost over 120 lbs.
NOTHING has given me these results-I don't lose weight on ANY other diet(as the op says).

Selfish, as you call us, is YOU-why would you want to keep something like this from anyone who could be helped.

Amother, come out of hiding.
What are you afraid of?
Get real, prove who you are, and then well debate.
How would you even know whether Ive tried this or not?

amother

Post Fri, Dec 09 2011, 2:06 pm
Barbara thanks for your response.
I'm so sorry if you thought my response about having to lose "only" 30 was directed to you. I only wrote it because I thought that maybe someone who had to lose more wouldn't think 30 is such a big deal. It wasn't directed to you at all.
I'm not interested in doing something drastic, just said I can if someone wants to offer such advice. I am not interested in being a size 2. I just want to lose the extra weight. I did about 2 weeks of HCG.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 09 2011, 2:07 pm
Barbara wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
amother wrote:
Here's a link to the
http://www.savethehcgdiet.com/

Read the comments of all the pp that were helped. Almost 1500 in less than 24 hours.

Incredible how pp would rather do surgery or anything the almighty FDA approves, than this harmless protocol for 40 days!!

http://savethehcgdiet.com/comments.php

Thanks for those links. As of now, the HHCG I use, Ketomist hasn't been recalled, but I certainly support this petition and have signed it. I will send the link to everyone I know who has used HHCG.

If you go to the bottom of the Ketomist order page, you'll see the following, in teeny-tiny letters:

Quote:
Legal Disclaimer: The FDA has not approved HCG Therapy to lose weight. “HCG HAS NOT BEEN DEMONSTRATED TO BE EFFECTIVE ADJUNCTIVE THERAPY IN THE TREATMENT OF OBESITY. THERE IS NO SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE THAT IT INCREASES WEIGHT LOSS BEYOND THAT RESULTING FROM CALORIC RESTRICTION, THAT IT CAUSES A MORE ATTRACTIVE OR "NORMAL" DISTRIBUTION OF FAT, OR THAT IT DECREASES THE HUNGER AND DISCOMFORT ASSOCIATED WITH CALORIE-RESTRICTED DIETS.”

The bold is mine, of course.

But people, like OOTBubby, shill this stuff and try to make people believe that lining their pockets makes you lose weight. The only weight you lose because of this snake oil is the weight of the money in your pocket. You lost weight because you were on a starvation diet, period.

Don't do it.

Barbara please don't say that ootbubby is making loads of money and that is why she's promoting this.
From reading her posts, she is not that type of woman.
I use a different hhcg and have helped many pp(over 25) yet have not signed up for commission for this very reason.
I did not want my advice to be tainted with however small amount I would recieve.

Also, I've been on almost any diet you could think of including VLC diets before and HAVE NOT lost any weight, was extremely weak and of course in despair of ever losing the weight.

This was recommended to me by my doctor and B"H finally weightloss, wellbeing, and just an incredible feeling of having those shackle of fat finally removed!

HCGMOM

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Dec 09 2011, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:

Barbara please don't say that ootbubby is making loads of money and that is why she's promoting this.
From reading her posts, she is not that type of woman.
I use a different hhcg and have helped many pp(over 25) yet have not signed up for commission for this very reason.
I did not want my advice to be tainted with however small amount I would recieve.

Also, I've been on almost any diet you could think of including VLC diets before and HAVE NOT lost any weight, was extremely weak and of course in despair of ever losing the weight.

This was recommended to me by my doctor and B"H finally weightloss, wellbeing, and just an incredible feeling of having those shackle of fat finally removed!

HCGMOM

Thank you. I almost regret signing up for a commission (it is nominal). I promote it because I believe in it, NOT to make money (those people here who know me will attest that we are quite comfortable and I do not need this for support).

My experiences are exactly as yours are.

Please also note, that I only receive a commission if some purchases the HHCG through the exact link I provide. I have not posted that link in a long time, and the most recent ones were only in response to those asking for more information or replying to my PAID ad with more questions about it.

Anyone who thinks I do this for the money is very mistaken.

I appreciate your kind words and your support.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 6:20 pm
Let's be honest: for OOTBubby it's a business. She believes in this "snake oil" remedy and seems very sincere so of course she's pushing it. Personally, I'd advise OP to go to a recognized tried & true place like Weight Watchers (I am not a member myself but I should be! embarrassed) or a certified nutritionist. Look for one who takes your insurance.

At the end of the day, starving yourself & shpritzing female hormones into your mouth seems as bad as voodoo, only more dangerous.

What was the name of that diet fad years ago with horse size pills & shakes? I tried that too. We need to wake up, there is no magic solution! Watch your portions, avoid excessively salty, sweet or fatty foods, drink water & exercise. That is guaranteed weight loss. WW adds a support system so we can kvetch as we slim down.

Raisin

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 7:07 pm
from what I remember, phase 3 of the hcg diet is just a regular low carb no sugar diet. Nothing terrible about it. Its not very low calorie so there should be nothing too unhealthy about staying on it for a few weeks.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 10:22 pm
Raisin wrote:
from what I remember, phase 3 of the hcg diet is just a regular low carb no sugar diet. Nothing terrible about it. Its not very low calorie so there should be nothing too unhealthy about staying on it for a few weeks.

Thank you raisin!
The most is a 40 day protocol and then a low carb very healthy, unprocessed food diet.
How on earth can major surgery and all it entails be healthier than this?
But then this is an extremely inexpensive way of losing weight, and the surgery and all the other diet product is BIG BUCKS, vehamevin yavin.
Repeating the WW idea is silly, all of us know the other options out there yet as many have said, the only way some of us lose is with this.

de_goldy

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 10:43 pm
Isn't phase 3 an 800 (women) or 1000 (men) calorie diet?

Raisin

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 6:39 am
amother wrote:
Raisin wrote:

Thank you raisin!
The most is a 40 day protocol and then a low carb very healthy, unprocessed food diet.
How on earth can major surgery and all it entails be healthier than this?
But then this is an extremely inexpensive way of losing weight, and the surgery and all the other diet product is BIG BUCKS, vehamevin yavin.
Repeating the WW idea is silly, all of us know the other options out there yet as many have said, the only way some of us lose is with this.

I'm not necessarily recommending the diet, you know. But if OP is already on it and wants to come off without regaining the lost weight going onto phase 3 is probably the best way.

Raisin

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 6:42 am
de_goldy wrote:
Isn't phase 3 an 800 (women) or 1000 (men) calorie diet?

no. phase 1 - stuff yourself for a couple of days before starting the diet.

phase 2 - eat 500 calories a day for 3-6 weeks.

phase 3 - eat about 1500 calories a day for either 3 or 6 weeks, can't remember. you are just meant to maintain weight on this part.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 7:28 am
amother wrote:
Let's be honest: for OOTBubby it's a business. She believes in this "snake oil" remedy and seems very sincere so of course she's pushing it.

I am not going to voice an opinion about the HCG diet. I do want to say that as a reader/poster on this board, my impression is that OOTBubby found something that works for her and is eager to share it with the world. It was probably a mistake to sign up as an affiliate but what's done is done. It really bothers me that Barbara, amother and others are saying that she's just pushing this to put money in her own pocket. I don't believe that this is her motivation. Kind of reminds me of the secular guy who told me that he believes that Arachim and similar organizations are trying to get people to become frum so that they'll have more voters. OOTBubby believes in this solution and is therefore promoting it. Please keep your arguments against the diet an not against OOTBubby. She's allowed to talk about the diet and answer questions about it. Generally, people attack people when they don't have convincing enough arguments that are more to the point.

Again, I don't have an agenda either way. I just hate all the personal attacks.

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 7:34 am
ChossidMom wrote:
amother wrote:
Let's be honest: for OOTBubby it's a business. She believes in this "snake oil" remedy and seems very sincere so of course she's pushing it.

I am not going to voice an opinion about the HCG diet. I do want to say that as a reader/poster on this board, my impression is that OOTBubby found something that works for her and is eager to share it with the world.....
Again, I don't have an agenda either way. I just hate all the personal attacks.

100% agree.
Not a fan of the diet? Fine.
But the personal attacks are completely uncalled for.

sarahd

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 7:44 am
Personal attacks as amother, no less.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:02 am
Personal attacks for saying that OOTBubby has a business? When she had a PAID AD advertizing said business? Wow, you gals sure have a warped definition of a personal attack! Calling each other stupid, vicious, insensitive, biased etc is OK then (see multiple threads) What a bunch of hypocrites! LOL

sorry, was that a personal attack? Oh dear, I bad

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:14 am
amother wrote:
Personal attacks for saying that OOTBubby has a business? When she had a PAID AD advertizing said business? Wow, you gals sure have a warped definition of a personal attack! Calling each other stupid, vicious, insensitive, biased etc is OK then (see multiple threads) What a bunch of hypocrites! LOL

First of all, there is nothing wrong in saying that OOTBubby "has a business". But saying that you PRESUME to know her motivations for promoting this diet - not so good. Noone knows what's going on inside of someone else's head.

Quote:

But people, like OOTBubby, shill this stuff and try to make people believe that lining their pockets makes you lose weight. The only weight you lose because of this snake oil is the weight of the money in your pocket. You lost weight because you were on a starvation diet, period.

This is an attack, if I've ever seen one.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to be in the place of anyone making personal attacks like these, after 120, no matter how "holy" your collective motivations are. Tell people the diet is awful, unhealthy or whatever you want. Don't attack others. Not good for your own neshama and not fair to OOTBubby. I think that now is a good time for everyone to ask OOTBubby for a bracha since a person who is insulted and doesn't insult back has big time zechuyot in Shamayim.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:21 am
ChossidMom wrote:
amother wrote:

First of all, there is nothing wrong in saying that OOTBubby "has a business". But saying that you PRESUME to know her motivations for promoting this diet - not so good. Noone knows what's going on inside of someone else's head.

Quote:

This is an attack, if I've ever seen one.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to be in the place of anyone making personal attacks like these, after 120, no matter how "holy" your collective motivations are. Tell people the diet is awful, unhealthy or whatever you want. Don't attack others. Not good for your own neshama and not fair to OOTBubby. I think that now is a good time for everyone to ask OOTBubby for a bracha since a person who is insulted and doesn't insult back has big time zechuyot in Shamayim.

1 was me. The second quote wasn't. And again saying she has a business is a statement of fact. You must be really desperate to call this an attack, I don't know why. If I were in OOT Bubby's shoes I would also push the stuff I'm selling. That's what makes a business successful. I happoen to think it's a very dangerous "diet." Obviously unless the opinion coincides with yours it's an attack. So I'm attacked for "attacking" because I have an opinion? Gee whiz, you people are really looking to fight aren't you? Rolling Eyes LOL

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:26 am
I'm desperate.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:31 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I'm desperate.

Rolling Laughter

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 9:52 am
I thank those of you who have posted in my support. My motives are indeed because this is something that has helped me and I wanted to help others.

Tova

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 10:33 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I'm desperate.

I must be desperate too. Must be because my kids are playing relatively nicely here so I haven't gotten my quota of fighting in for the day.

In all seriousness, thanks for posting what was on my mind!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise