Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Who has to deal with this? Landlord or tenant?
Previous  1  2

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 8:11 am
So far so good. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I think really slathering it on thick helped. And make sure to work with the windows open and keep them open most of the day.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 8:17 am
YESHASettler wrote:
So far so good. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I think really slathering it on thick helped. And make sure to work with the windows open and keep them open most of the day.
Thanks I will give it a try.

Nomie

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 8:18 am
IME, we had mold because of some leaking pipes in the walls. The superintendent came and scraped the wall, treated it, and then painted over. (and fixed the leaky pipe of course). Do you have a Super you can call?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 8:19 am
Nomie wrote:
IME, we had mold because of some leaking pipes in the walls. The superintendent came and scraped the wall, treated it, and then painted over. (and fixed the leaky pipe of course). Do you have a Super you can call?
No, we are renting a house, so just the landlord.

gold21

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 6:40 pm
for sure its the landlords responsibility... I dont get why anyone would think otherwise?? Theres probably some kind of water issue inside the walls or ceilings, and thats a landlords territory.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 10:56 pm
gold21 wrote:
for sure its the landlords responsibility... I dont get why anyone would think otherwise?? Theres probably some kind of water issue inside the walls or ceilings, and thats a landlords territory.

What you and many of the non-Israeli posters seems to not realize, is that for the most part, Israeli dwellings are straight-out cinder block or concrete. There's no outer wall, then a layer of insulation and then inner walls of drywall. It's concrete (often with brick or stone outer facing) with a layer of plaster on the inside that's been whitewashed.

So in order for the mold problem to actually be resolved correctly, it involves a massive amount of construction.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette