Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
36 weeks, breech baby A, c section or trying to turn, WWYD?
Previous  1  2  3

Hodu Lashem

Post Mon, Jan 16 2012, 10:25 pm
My baby A was a breech and I was at risk for premature labor. Baby A was breech even at 32 wks and my dr was predicting a c-section. The dr wanted to schedule me for a c-section, if I still held off, no later than 38 weeks. BH I hadn't delivered even at 38 and I asked the dr if I could wait as long as the babies still seem to be doing OK. Dr said fine as long as we would do sonograms 2x/week. I went into labor 39+, but still ended up with a c-section, as baby A was at that point a footling breech. BH both are fine and healthy. It was my first pregnancy, so odds were not in my favor for twin A to turn. (I have heard that in later pregnancies the uterus is more stretched so the baby would have more "room" to turn.)

I would not schedule a c-section just for the convenience of having my mother there to help me. I agree with posters that say that as long as the babies can stay in utero, the better off they will be.

PS. I had many more after my c-section- all VBAC.

Hatzlochoh! And may Mommy and babies all be healthy- b'shaah tova!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 12:26 am
I don't think any md would turn a twin - too complicated and not safe. I tried the webster method with a chiroprachter (w/o success) which my doctor felt was safe to try......and gave birth via ceserean at 39 weeks. I was so hopeful that I actually waited (by choice) till I was in labor to go for the cesearean.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 12:31 am
amother wrote:
I don't think any md would turn a twin - too complicated and not safe. I tried the webster method with a chiroprachter (w/o success) which my doctor felt was safe to try......and gave birth via ceserean at 39 weeks. I was so hopeful that I actually waited (by choice) till I was in labor to go for the cesearean.

Twin B is totally ok to attempt to turn after A is delivered, but you need to be prepared for a C section. My baby B was turned this time after A was delivered. They were born 3 minutes apart.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more