Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
She's trying to join our lunch group...
Previous  1  2  3  4

Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 4:00 pm
I think you were so used to having your own special clique that you lost sight of the fact that it was taking place on work grounds and subject to professional norms. You had a nice thing going for a while; great. Now that professional standards are being restored you are fighting against it. Remember with fondness what you had and realize that there is no way realistically it could have been kept up forever.

And like some other posters said, I too have worked in many different professional environments and never came across this "closed door" clique. I'd really hate to be a newbie there.

abby1776

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 5:37 pm
[quote="amother"]Here's how it works at our company- there are different groups that eat together- each group uses an empty office and closes the door. I would never dream of just opening another group's door and sitting down at the table- even a group made up of people I'm friendly with- for the same reason it bothers us that this girl is doing that to us. Because I know that this group has been sitting together for years and during lunch they like to kick back and talk about personal things. In fact, I can't think of anyone in the whole company who would do such a thing, but as I said, this girl is a bit thick.[/quote]

It must be awful to be a new person at this company. Everyone goes into their own little clique at lunch and closes the door and you sit by yourself at your desk. Why would anyone every work there. This must be the most unfriendliest place to work at I have ever heard of.

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 6:02 pm
Maybe you will like the new woman if you give her a chance since you can't exclude her.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette