Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Frum neighborhoods near University of Chicago
Previous  1  2  3  4

auntie_em

Post Tue, Apr 10 2012, 9:51 pm
Very nice! Mazal tov and welcome to the Chood! Your choice of WRP is a really good one, imnsho. Wink

Seriously, Chicago is a great place to live. Yes, the winters can be rough but we REALLY love spring around here! Everyone is out in the parks and on the sidewalks when it starts to warm up. (Granted that some years "warm up" is a pretty relative term.)

Now back to the matters discussed above...lol.

Our new aldermanic representative is not wowing me, by any stretch. I'm nearly positive that Devon does not need planters, new street lights, and arches. Not when there are real issues that need dealing with! Touhy? C'mon! What is going on there?

This one is kind of funny though. I *finally* realised what the very large, black building going up on Pratt is. Idk why it took me so long..but until the penny dropped, my family wondered if they were building a prison on that corner. It is pretty ominous looking in it's present state. LOL

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 8:20 am
auntie_em wrote:
Very nice! Mazal tov and welcome to the Chood! Your choice of WRP is a really good one, imnsho. Wink

Seriously, Chicago is a great place to live. Yes, the winters can be rough but we REALLY love spring around here! Everyone is out in the parks and on the sidewalks when it starts to warm up. (Granted that some years "warm up" is a pretty relative term.)

Now back to the matters discussed above...lol.

Our new aldermanic representative is not wowing me, by any stretch. I'm nearly positive that Devon does not need planters, new street lights, and arches. Not when there are real issues that need dealing with! Touhy? C'mon! What is going on there?

This one is kind of funny though. I *finally* realised what the very large, black building going up on Pratt is. Idk why it took me so long..but until the penny dropped, my family wondered if they were building a prison on that corner. It is pretty ominous looking in it's present state. LOL

I agree totally about the new alderman. And I'm sure that building (I assume you mean the one on Pratt & Richmond not the newer one on Pratt & California -- both of which are shuls) will be beautiful -- I know the builder and the people involved. It uses a specific type of construction with cinderblocks that are then tarred. It gives a very durable, long lasting construction at a more reasonable cost. There will eventually been some sort of veneer over it.

mha3484

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 10:49 am
Welcome! I live farther south near Devon. I also have a DS (16 months). Please let me know if I can do anything to help you get settled in. Its really a wonderful community.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating