Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Wholesome TV Shows for Kids
Previous  1  2

imamama

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 1:04 pm
Best kid's show ever: Peep and the Big Wide World. It teaches mostly about nature and science and the way things work. It's low key, has great background music, and great characters. My kids LOVE it. And it's one of the few shows I can stand to watch with them.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 08 2012, 12:50 am
For older kids.. think old (as in black and white to the 80s)

Leave it to Beaver, might be some girls in later seasons, but nothing major. Andy Griffith show, same thing. Preview episodes if you are worried.
Even more recent things like the cosby show is mostly okay. There are episodes here and there that are not appropriate, but the parent can screen stuff or look for episode summaries. Shows like full house were also mostly okay in the early seasons. In general family type sitcoms that started with little kids are better in the earlier seasons before they got into girls and such. Punky Brewster is also good, more for girls than boys I would think.

emunahdoj

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 8:49 pm
http://www.aish.com/ci/s/48924702.html

Peanut2

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 9:33 pm
I love love love Sesame Street. The celebrities are more the parents, I think Smile That's what I always assume.
My mother freaked out when she saw Sarah Jessica Parker on there but I thought it was brilliant and hilarious. They have some inside jokes going on that will fly past any kid who doesn't know them, and I love hearing grown up songs made into counting songs.

While I don't have older kids, I find nature and history shows really interesting. My parents really limited our tv viewing and that's what I used to watch as a kid. You need to watch out for violence and naught bits with history and for frightening parts with nature. But it's really tough with school-age and middle school age kids...

pelle

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 9:43 pm
KIPPER is the sweetest cartoon. it's on netflix and I don't know what else. highly reccommend it!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics