Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Got Your New Clothing/Jewelry Yet?
  Previous  1  2  3  11  12  13

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 12:59 pm
I agree. Waiting 3 hours has nothing to do with being ffb or bt. You shouldn't really pick and choose.

octopus

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 2:12 pm
just for the record: I rarely buy myself anything. I do get myself something nice (read: new not necessarily pricey) to wear on yom tov as it enhances my simcha. I consider it my dh buying it since, hey, he's the only one working right now. It's his money (I know it's mine, too- but I wouldn't have it unless he was working). I don't think a husband has to necessarily present something to his wife. The wife can pick it out and get it. As long as the dh is not throwing a hissy fit that she should be taking it back it should be considered that the dh is providing the "gift" for the wife. That is, of course, if money allows for it.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 2:30 pm
hmm, I thought once that the idea of buyying new was davka for pesach, because of benei chorin or whatever.

anyways, I'm sorry to kunda break the news to those who love to buy, my dh will sledomly buy, but not usually, so I end up buying what I need myself.

sadly this past pesach I made a huge mistake, by over doing with the shopping.... because of that my accounts got frozen for 2 years, so I can't use, checks, atm or CC (an israeli banking law) plus I ended up with major debts which I'm still trying to pay off.

I'm going very easy, and since I can only use cash... (I learnt the hard way cus it's theecond time.. and a third time could put me n dep trouble) I have to think twice.

though my birthday was just now, and I found 2 cheap nice skirts which I'll use for yom tov...... and a gift I got courtosy of BA a set of earings for my birthday, but yeah, I don't believe in buying just for the sake of buying anymore.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 2:57 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
I married a Baal Teshuva he never heard of the "Buy the wife new jewelry" for Rosh Hashana minhag. Oh well.
But we wait only 3 hours from fleishig to milchig so marrying a BT does have it's positive side!!
:-)
what a weird thing to say. the amount of time one waits between meat and milk has nothing (or almost nothing) to do with if you are a BT or an FFB or something in between).

and the buy your wife new jewelrey thing also, knowing or not know about this has nothingto do with the fact that one is a BT or not. some men do it and others just dont, thats all.

lizard8

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 4:19 pm
I think I am getting something nice for sukkos...our walls are pretty thin and I heard DH talking on the phone about it.

beilariva

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 1:09 am
DH is BT and we wait 6 hours with milchig after fleishig, we don't eat fish and dairy together and I think I am getting a gift for Sukkot. Smile

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 4:33 pm
bump

Tamiri

Post Mon, Mar 22 2010, 4:42 pm
Very funny.
Page 13 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  11  12  13 Recent Topics