Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Got Your New Clothing/Jewelry Yet?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 6:21 pm
ad mosai....?

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 6:21 pm
and just to point out that the name of the thread matters (as well as to support my opinion as to why people are here, take a look at the number ov views of this (546) and a mitzva a day (331) threads. Factor in that mitzva a day is much much older.........

tells you something, doesn't it?

roza

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 7:14 pm
no, motek, I did not get any jewlery or clothes. happy now?

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 7:32 pm
I actually did not know this halacha until recently and was presently surprised to learn it...

BlumaG

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 7:33 pm
I just got my pesach gift, I am so pleased bc as finances r tighter these days I wasnt expecting anything.
its a free standing beautiful jewelery box. I kept telling my hubby how I really liked it n he bought it for me Smile for all the jewelry I already ahd Smile

Motek

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 8:24 pm
roza wrote:

there's plenty of time left till Pesach
I hope you still get something.

roza

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 11:25 pm
Motek wrote:
roza wrote:

there's plenty of time left till Pesach
I hope you still get something.

while you were typing this, I went shopping. I got yom tov shoes and clothes for my boys. then I went to four different stores and could not find anything that is tznius and appelling for me. the most tzniustike thing I got was some nice underware, you know, those with flowers. I hope I am yotze now Scratching Head
I am still planning to eat meat and drink some fine italian wine.

timeout

Post Mon, Apr 18 2005, 5:03 pm
Since this thread started I have hinted to my husband about a Yom Tov Present......he told me to buy it myself so I did a new robe......and I still said Thank You to my husband since he makes the money and I stay home. LOL

Motek

Post Sun, May 22 2005, 11:28 am
we've got weeks and weeks to get something for Shavuos so we don't have to merely 'be yotze' this really arduous, burdensome mitzva

amother

Post Sun, May 22 2005, 11:33 am
Yes motek! funny for our kids I enjoy and thrive on buying them stuff, for me it's a major deal Confused

frielich Wink (having problems logging into my username)

1stimer

Post Mon, May 23 2005, 10:35 am
Me too, frielich, we both hate shopping, so my hubby tells me to go and buy myself a yom tov pressie and I tell him if I do go shopping he will have to buy me a nice big consolation prize! (e.g. a book)

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 11:02 am
Time has a way of getting away from us...if you want something new , please budget the gelt and time for youself, before you're the only one at the Seder table wthout anything new...

and you did all or most of the planning, shopping, cleaning, and cooking!

chen

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 11:34 am
well, I am usually waiting to lose a few lbs..but I always get at least new "foundation garments" and hose. No one sees those, but I know they're there Wink

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 1:01 pm
It says in Rambam clothes and jewelry. Underwear? Well...........

goldrose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 1:05 pm
does anyone else feel like they are wasting money when they buy a new fancy [pesach/yomtov] outfit that gets worn tops FOUR times (maybe!) - for $200.00?!?

And mostly, if you want to look right, you have to spend some nice money. $50 wont do it.

chen

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 1:25 pm
sure do, but why are they worn 4 times tops? (in my case it's because by the time YT is over they probably won't fit any more. I live in my more forgiving things.)

red sea

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 1:31 pm
I used to not bother "wasting" the money, but last year I realized I really have nothing normal to wear even though I hardly have occasion to wear shabbos clothes, so I now see the great wisdom of "buying your wife" ( okay that means ourselves, I don't know of any husband daring enough) something new for yom tov. So I started a new thing that at the end of season sales I buy something for myself for next tishrei/nissan, this way at least its on sale and I don't have to feel that I completely wasted money. My next thing to work on is buying shoes to go with it, I HATE shoe shopping.

queen

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 1:35 pm
red sea wrote:
I HATE shoe shopping.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

ha ha..... shoes are great!
you never have to worry about a bulge showing or it not fitting properly

chen

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 2:29 pm
queen wrote:
red sea wrote:
I HATE shoe shopping.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

ha ha..... shoes are great!
you never have to worry about a bulge showing or it not fitting properly

says you. you obviously wear a standard popular size. some of us who shall remain unnamed would rather scrub the bathroom than shop for shoes b/c the only thing that fits is men's oxfords--and precious few of those!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 2:37 pm
Oh...I see I opened a can of worms here...

But me, personally, when I would buy something, it would usually be an outfit for Tishrei, and a robe or jewelry for Pesach or Shavous.

That's when I didn't go to shul much. Now I go every week, but I see the styles are not so fancy anymore, and a new outfit for yomtov can also be for a wedding, and then for Shabbos.....
Page 3 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics