Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
So what are you making for after the fast?
Previous  1  2

jys

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 12:11 pm
Heat or no heat we always break with a vegi soup... Mini Pizza and baked ziti and a sponage cake we always need something sweet after the fast

tsiggelle

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 12:52 pm
fruit and vegetable based

I think of my stomach (the organ), and don't want to oveburden it with a sudden onslaught after a long break.

sky

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 1:50 pm
Onion Rolls, Soup, macaroni and cheese, salad, blueberry muffins

(maybe diary cinnamon buns if I need to entertain my kids with a baking activity)

b from nj

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 2:16 pm
Brown rice with milk & splenda, everything bagels, tabachnik soups, & fruit.

That should work!

shev

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 3:26 pm
First some cake, and cheese cake.
Then soup, rice and liver with a sauce.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 3:30 pm
in the end I made chicken pot pie with mashed potato topping, and homemade pretzels. Maybe a salad.

Do you think my guests (2 seminary aged girls) will think it too heavy at 10:30pm?

gumgum

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 4:12 pm
nothing to heavy.
french onion soup upon my dhs request-its his favorit, flounder/salmon mashed potatoes and a fresh salad.
im in the moood of baking soething but my dh doesnt want me to cuz hes on this diet and if there is cake in the house he eats it so well see...

black sheep

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 4:22 pm
Raisin wrote:
in the end I made chicken pot pie with mashed potato topping, and homemade pretzels. Maybe a salad.

Do you think my guests (2 seminary aged girls) will think it too heavy at 10:30pm?

if I were your guest I would be thrilled. that all sounds delicious!

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 5:15 pm
Well, the fast ends in less than four hours, and as we say in my family: "supper still doesn't have a name." In other words, I have no plans, and no energy.

Shortly, I will probably be heating up chicken and cholent for my little one.

For the adults, I probably won't do anything more complicated than toasting bread and boiling up noodles and tomato sauce. There is a bit of leftover soup from before, so that may make an appearance.

Isher

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 5:22 pm
After eating the different cakes and rugalech we usually have a breakfast. Fresh rolls, eggs - made according to the individuals liking and a vegetable salad. We also always have ice cream for dessert.

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 5:53 pm
"making" for after the fast? Surely you jest? I'm fasting and plotzing from the heat just like everyone else. No way am I about to cook! They will have what I will have, which is salads I made for shabbos--I usually make enough to last well into the week. I'll throw in some sliced cheese or tuna from a can to up the protein content, milk for those who can tolerate it and OJ for those who can't. the main thing is to rehydrate and a heavy meal is neither necessary nor desirable.

reed

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 10:20 pm
I usually bake or otherwise prepare something nice for those who are breaking their fast. Today was simply too hot to even turn on the stove. So after cheesecake (from Shabbos), we're having tuna with bagels (from the freezer), with some salads and veggies.

baker1

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 10:34 pm
I made potatoe soup, garlic bread and greek salad. Light and easy to prepare!

alpidarkomama

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 11:27 pm
Homemade garlic bagels with cream cheese and matjes herring, and eggs straight from our chickens. YUM!

MuppetLover

Post Mon, Jul 09 2012, 7:59 am
I made the most amazing salad...marinated chicken breasts in roasted sesame oil and teryaki sauce with garlic powder and ginger for 3 hours
put it in a frying pan with some pam
then after it was done fried portabello mushrooms and onions in the drippings

mixed with cut up avocado, roasted red pepper, a bag of salad mix
dress with garlic powder salt, pepper and roasted sesame oil and teryiaki sauce to cover

AMAZING

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 09 2012, 8:08 am
tuna
bagels or lachmaniot
salad
oj or chocolate milk
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics