Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
21 years old and 2 kids...
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Sun, Aug 19 2012, 2:52 am
I had the opposite situation.
I married late and had my kids older.
Now that my kids are growing up, I find it weird to talk to the mothers of my kids classmates.
They initially assume I'm close in age to them. They're chummy and warm, but when they find out I'm older, it's like the plague set in. They just can't relate (yeah, age makes you into an alien). There are tons of us who've had our kids older for whatever reason (getting married older, fertility issues, some holding off for carreers, etc). We're spread out, though, so it's hard to find others like ourselves around so easily.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 19 2012, 7:02 am
ha, its not just you having your babies later. I started early, and have now hit my thirties ( Surprised !) and PG expecting number 6. I have had a couple of parents of my younger kids' friends treat me like a golden oldie and I'm not even that old yet!!! my 2 yr old has a friend whose mum was literally poking fun at how ancient I am, and I pointed out that she may be in her early 20s with 2 kids, but I was also with 2 kids at the same age as her. she couldn't quite absorb it, and the next time we met she was making digs at my age AGAIN. it's really annoying coz she's really sweet in all but this one subject, in which she becomes really quite obnoxious... these "young one" in their twenties, don't realise that one day they too will be 30 year old mums... and eventually will even have to face the horrific reality of 40!! Surprised
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics