Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Miriam Adahan's Popular EMETT Worskhop- Group now forming
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Nov 04 2012, 4:04 pm
its four classes? and 160 shek for all classes?
also can u tell me how many ppl u have so far, and if u dnt mind, in wat age range?
thanx

Striver

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 3:24 am
It's a total of about 12 classes over the winter, 160 for each four.
At this point, the group is still forming so it's hard to know the age range. We're aiming for about 20 women.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 8:10 am
Striver wrote:
amother wrote:
can you explain what the workshop is about?

Dr. Miriam Adahan is renowned for pioneering into the world of psychology through a Torah viewpoint. EMETT is the acronym for Emotional Maturity Established Through Torah. Through her intellectually and psychologically stimulating classes, participants learn to explore their potential, build their self-confidence, and develop into the best people they can be.
Sounds good? I'm definitely excited!

can you please go into more detail please>

Isramom8

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 8:39 am
I went a few times about 20 years ago in Romema! I also used to go sometimes in Har Nof. Maybe it's changed, I don't know.

What it used to be was that a few people had a chance to describe an "example" of a stressful situation that happened to her in the past week. Then you go through the steps in how exactly it made you think and feel, and what you can tell yourself to cope with it better (you choose from a list). For me, it was validating, supportive, and a nice social getaway.

You are also encouraged to call fellow attendees during the week to go over "examples" as they happen to you.

Striver

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 8:46 am
It's what Isramom said but lots more. Miriam offers lots of techniques and knowledge but gives participants the chance to contribute as well.
The course really ends up building and strengthening your emotional self so you become a self-confident, psychologically healthy individual. You end up understanding yourself and others a lot more.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions