Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What's the most frustrating thing kids do?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 12:41 pm
You know when kids eat the best? When you sit down to eat after a long day to actually get some energy in your body, and all of a sudden your kids are not picky and want to eat exactly what you are eating and you have made just enough for yourself. Never mind that they have been served 3 square meals and have been snacking the whole day long...."I'm hunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!"
Grrrrrr....

baker1

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 12:50 pm
Throwing food!!!! I absolutely can't stand when they throw food they don't want to eat or just think it's fun to toss an orange around!

shiffycc

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:08 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
You know when kids eat the best? When you sit down to eat after a long day to actually get some energy in your body, and all of a sudden your kids are not picky and want to eat exactly what you are eating and you have made just enough for yourself. Never mind that they have been served 3 square meals and have been snacking the whole day long...."I'm hunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!"
Grr@rrrr....

This is so true! Even worse is when its something that you've tried to get them to eat 20 times, but they wont because "that's disgusssssting!" And now suddenly(when you've only made enough for you and dh), its the most amazing thing on the planet!

And then of course they say, "can you make this every day?" So the next week you go and buy enough expensive ingredients for everyone, you make extra, and suddenly "that's disgusssssting!" Again!

morah

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:22 pm
I recently taught DS (20 months) to throw out garbage. Except he hasn't quite gotten the concept of garbage vs. everything else, so he's been throwing out sealed pantry items, dishes, and toys that he's done with for the moment. I then have to fish the stuff out and wipe it down. I also need to remember to lock the garbage lock.

Also, last night, he managed to get his hands on a container of sauce. He not only opened it and spilled it on the floor, he smushed his feet in it and then traipsed around the house for several minutes before I realized what was going on.

mha3484

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:32 pm
When two year old ds wont let me go to the bathroom in peace. Or last night when he insisted he had to go to the potty and even took off his own pants only to want to get off immediately.

shanie5

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 8:07 pm
Me: what are you eating?
DD: What?

Me: I love you
DD: a cookie

shiffycc

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 8:11 pm
shanie5 wrote:

Me: I love you
DD: a cookie

Rotflol!

cbsmommy

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 8:40 pm
chani8 wrote:

Feeling too sick to go to school b'dafka on test days.

I hate Chummash test "itis".
Or the English-Essay-due-tomorrow "flu".

cbsmommy

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 8:44 pm
morah wrote:
I recently taught DS (20 months) to throw out garbage. Except he hasn't quite gotten the concept of garbage vs. everything else, so he's been throwing out sealed pantry items, dishes, and toys that he's done with for the moment. I then have to fish the stuff out and wipe it down. I also need to remember to lock the garbage lock.

We are fairly certain that that's where my car keys went. We are pretty sure one of my DD's threw them out a few months ago. I haven't yet figured out which one "did the deed", and they are still too young to get a completely straight answer.

But the end result is that mommy has to shell out $200 to get a new clicker.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 8:51 pm
Oh, and am I the only one with backseat drivers? Seriously, a 4 yo should not be telling me an entire car ride that I went through a red light (because I turned on green to the perpendicular street that had a red) or that I need to stop because there is a stop sign (a block away).

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 8:55 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Oh, and am I the only one with backseat drivers? Seriously, a 4 yo should not be telling me an entire car ride that I went through a red light (because I turned on green to the perpendicular street that had a red) or that I need to stop because there is a stop sign (a block away).

My 3 yo is totally like that. "Daddy, put two hands on the wheel!" When I make a sharp turn- "Drive carefully! Mommy, slow down!"

CPenzias

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 9:53 pm
How about when you know they're doing something and you say "What are you doing?" and they say "Nothing..." lol

The other thing that drives me bananas is when my son will ask the same question over and over again till he gets the answer he wants...then I HAVE to wait to "give in" because I don't want him to think I'm giving in to his millionth request ("Mommy, can I play with your phone?")

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 9:54 pm
My kids are experts at finding reasons to cry and cry and cry. For example, ds wanted to give the baby a pacifier, but the baby didn't want one. I finally made him stop trying to stuff it in the baby's mouth, so he cried for looong time. I know, I'm such a mean Mommy.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:09 pm
My DD's been waking up before 7 a.m. She patters into my room and puts her hands on my face to "make nice to me".

It's a rather jolting way to wake up, especially when you are really tired.....

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:11 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

My 3 yo is totally like that. "Daddy, put two hands on the wheel!" When I make a sharp turn- "Drive carefully! Mommy, slow down!"
At least he's right Very Happy

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:12 pm
Also frustrating (and never works, yet they still try):
"Mommy, can I ______?'
"No."

Runs down the hall.

"Abba, can I _________?"

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:25 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My DD's been waking up before 7 a.m. She patters into my room and puts her hands on my face to "make nice to me".

Ds is not as gentle. He screams "BOO!" in my face. Then he says, "Don't go back to sleep."

shiffycc

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:48 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
Chayalle wrote:

Ds is not as gentle. He screams "BOO!" in my face. Then he says, "Don't go back to sleep."

Laughing out loud at this one!

Fabulous

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 11:22 pm
shiffycc wrote:
the world's best mom wrote:
Chayalle wrote:

Laughing out loud at this one!

omg, me too! I'm so sorry Very Happy. Ds either stays in bed and calls out to me or walks into my room and I wake up hearing him or he just says mommy and I'm up. When I try to make him comfy near me because it's too early, he says, "mommy, don't go back to sleep" and he will repeat it a million to make sure there is no chance that I will Confused

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 1:57 am
I have to disagree about jumping in the laundry. When I was a child it was one of my greatest joys, and my mom never complained. She thought it was cute. To this day I thank her for letting me just be a kid, even though it meant more work for her. My mom passed away this summer. Even now, when I take warm laundry out of the dryer I'll wrap a blanket or towel around my shoulders to feel that yummy warmth, and think of her.

When my DD jumps in the laundry pile, or wiggles under it to get extra toasty warm, I just smile and think of what wonderful memories she'll have.

What's a little extra folding?

What DOES drive me crazy, is the picky eating. B'H we have a house full of food, and she never wants any of it. When she finally decides, she wants it NOW. Since I do not have the power to change the laws of thermodynamics, she gets very frustrated if she has to wait for something to cook, so every five seconds I hear "I'm STARVING TO DEATH!!!"
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics