Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
World's Strictest Parents UK ~ Israel
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Miri1

Post Sun, Mar 10 2013, 2:29 pm
ysmommy wrote:
willow wrote:
The show just is not long enough to show what the families do with them. It is a shame each family should have a series

ten days is not long enough IMO

These shows should be longer- 6 months or something

Agree, how can a week make that much of a difference? They are definitely fulfilling before and after a role.

Miri1

Post Sun, Mar 10 2013, 2:30 pm
DrMom wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:
Did you see the one where kids went to a family in Lebanon? Now that mom was strict!

Yeah, she also took the kids to a mosque and force the girl to wear a headscarf (in the mosque), and told them not to go outside "If Israel starts bombing us" or something like that.

Leave it to the BBC to keep that line in after a week's worth of footage is edited.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Mar 10 2013, 4:54 pm
Miri1 wrote:
DrMom wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:
Did you see the one where kids went to a family in Lebanon? Now that mom was strict!

Yeah, she also took the kids to a mosque and force the girl to wear a headscarf (in the mosque), and told them not to go outside "If Israel starts bombing us" or something like that.

Leave it to the BBC to keep that line in after a week's worth of footage is edited.

She warned the girl that "Israel can bomb us at any time, we never know when." - or something like that.

devo1982

Post Sun, Mar 10 2013, 11:46 pm
I believe it was "no complaining about the food, especially during war time, because Israel might start bombing us at any moment."

Tamiri

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 1:22 am
devo1982 wrote:
I believe it was "no complaining about the food, especially during war time, because Israel might start bombing us at any moment."
Who cares. She's right. What's interesting is that no mention of the Muslims killing them for being xtia was made. At any time. Or maybe it was edited out. Gotta love the BBC. I think that only added to the thrill of those poor children's visit!

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 3:53 am
ysmommy wrote:
willow wrote:
The show just is not long enough to show what the families do with them. It is a shame each family should have a series

There was one show taking place in NJ where the host family received permission from the parents for the girl to stay an extra couple of weeks because they felt that the initial time was too short to make any significant headway.

lilacdreams

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 4:40 am
wow I love this series and really wanted to see the Israel one. Thanks for posting. I was really surprised though to see one of the freinds, who come to the house to meet the 2 kids, is (was) a co worker with my husband - so funny and such a small world!

StrongIma

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 10:41 am
I noticed that there are also followup shows, where the kids say how much they have changed several months later. It's a great idea!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 10:51 am
I wonder how the whole thing starts like do the parents suggest to their children they go on the programme or do the children suggest it themselves?

StrongIma

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 12:16 pm
I'm not sure but it seems to me that these are kids that are looking for a way to change the way their lives aren't working out. and this is a hand stretched out to them.

StrongIma

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 5:31 pm
here's from their site:
Quote:
Be on World's Strictest Parents
The World's Strictest Parents is now casting nationwide for rebellious teenagers AND strict families.
*Moms and dads, if you are proud of your firm family structure, have well behaved kids over the age of 13 and want to show off your unflinching strict parenting skills, the casting team would like to hear from you. Producers are seeking parents with unique interests and strong family values who want to share their fail safe parenting styles with the world.
* Teenagers, are you rebellious? Are you tired of your parents' rules and restrictions? Ever wanted to see if the grass is really greener living with a brand new set of parents? We're looking for boys and girls with parental approval who are between the ages of 15 and 18 (and still in high school). We're casting confident teens of all types including; technically savvy teens; hippies; urbanites; slobs; surfers; affluent teens; liberals; defiant teens; and teens who have extraordinary circumstances.
Families interested in hosting these teenagers on their very own episode of The World's Strictest Parents and teenagers who'd like to be on the show may apply any time via www.worldsstrictestparents.com or by calling 888-41-TEENS (1-888-418-3367).

amother

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 5:59 pm
StrongIma wrote:
here's from their site:
Quote:
The World's Strictest Parents is now casting nationwide for rebellious teenagers AND strict families.
*Moms and dads, if you are proud of your firm family structure, have well behaved kids over the age of 13 and want to show off your unflinching strict parenting skills, the casting team would like to hear from you. Producers are seeking parents with unique interests and strong family values who want to share their fail safe parenting styles with the world.
* Teenagers, are you rebellious? Are you tired of your parents' rules and restrictions? Ever wanted to see if the grass is really greener living with a brand new set of parents? We're looking for boys and girls with parental approval who are between the ages of 15 and 18 (and still in high school). We're casting confident teens of all types including; technically savvy teens; hippies; urbanites; slobs; surfers; affluent teens; liberals; defiant teens; and teens who have extraordinary circumstances.
Families interested in hosting these teenagers on their very own episode of The World's Strictest Parents and teenagers who'd like to be on the show may apply any time via www.worldsstrictestparents.com or by calling 888-41-TEENS (1-888-418-3367).

interesting

Peanut2

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 6:04 pm
DrMom wrote:
ysmommy wrote:
willow wrote:

There was one show taking place in NJ where the host family received permission from the parents for the girl to stay an extra couple of weeks because they felt that the initial time was too short to make any significant headway.

Yes, I saw that one with the two dads and all the adopted and foster children. The girl developed this really lovely relationship with them. They were super strict at the beginning and yet relaxed at the same time. That was a really fun one to watch. IIRC they made the boy work at the restaurant, and the kids had get drug tests, and it was all about trust. Great show.

Miri1

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 7:04 pm
Tamiri wrote:
devo1982 wrote:
Who cares. She's right. What's interesting is that no mention of the Muslims killing them for being xtia was made. At any time. Or maybe it was edited out. Gotta love the BBC. I think that only added to the thrill of those poor children's visit!

????
That Israel just randomly bombs civilians?

Not sure if you were just being facetious?

StrongIma

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 8:38 am
amother wrote:
StrongIma wrote:
here's from their site:
Quote:

interesting
it seems to me that these teens are so used to rules not being enforced that they figure that it'll be the same wherever they're going and they'll have a blast in a foreign country. and they're quite surprised later - but then learn that it can even improve their lives.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 8:42 am
Miri1 wrote:
Tamiri wrote:
devo1982 wrote:

????
That Israel just randomly bombs civilians?

Not sure if you were just being facetious?
I live in Israel. Guess. LOL

shirtsandskirts

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 11:34 am
I can't watch this video it says it's private. DId something change?

hattie1

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 7:34 am
cant seem to b able to watch Sad

amother

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 7:43 am
you can try you tube

shirtsandskirts

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
you can try you tube

That's where the link was from that is not working. Where else can I find it?
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics