Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Need a Hamentashen Recipe?(Can anyone reccomend)?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Are you baking or buying your Hamentashen this Purim?
Baking  
 60%  [ 26 ]
Buying  
 23%  [ 10 ]
Not sure yet  
 16%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 43

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 9:47 am
I have a really great one from the Washington Post, if no one gives you one I can look ours up for you.

Marion

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 9:48 am
Not sure yet. DH can't eat them, I don't really feel the need to make them for DS, and I can't find any of the filling I actually like, so I won't be making them for myself. I'm not sure I'll have time this year...I'm out of the house almost 12 full hours a day. Maybe if DS has mishpachton the Friday before...

jewgal84

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 2:36 pm
Not sure of what we're doing but here's a recipe I got, while working in Pre-school, really yummy!

Mix together:
2 Sticks Margarine
2 Eggs
1 C Sugar
2 Pkg (or scoops) of Vanilla Sugar

Add:
4 C Flour
2 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbl Oil
2 Tbl Orange Juice

Refridgerate overnight!

* Don't roll out dough *

Make into balls, flatten and shape into circles. Fill it up with your desired fillings and pinch corners into triangles.

Ideas for fillings: Chocolate, prune, apricot, chocolate chips, sprinkles, mocha, jam (etc)...

Bake @ 350 for about 15-20 minutes.

Bon Appetite Very Happy !!

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 2:37 pm
I prefer to use the basic cookie dough recipe from Spice and Spirit instead of using most hamentashen recipes.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 4:54 pm
I always bake my own - hard to give recipe cause I never follow them. make them on taanis esther right so always fresh - mmmm

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 8:04 pm
bli neder I will post a few tonite or tomorrow.

cheerios

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 10:15 am
I do bake a lot, but hamantashen is something I usually buy. I like the store's better. Of all the homemade hamantashen I've tasted, I still like the store's better. Jewgal, is your recipe good? maybe I will try it this year.

jewgal84

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 2:52 pm
cheerios wrote:
I do bake a lot, but hamantashen is something I usually buy. I like the store's better. Of all the homemade hamantashen I've tasted, I still like the store's better. Jewgal, is your recipe good? maybe I will try it this year.

It's delicious, we made it with our Pre-School kids, and you prob wouldn't have known if not for the fingermarks, mushiness, mixed up fillings etc LOL !!

It tastes basically like cookie dough, try it first!

Let me know how it turns out Very Happy !!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 4:22 pm
I posted three in the recipe section, comments welcomed!

cindy324

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 5:08 pm
I promised myself last year that this year I am NOT bothering with them. Took me hours of patchkening, but now that I see jewgal's recipe, no rolling involved, maybe I'll try again!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 6:48 pm
Cindy, you could prob use the JewGal method with any roll out cooky or hamantaschen dough!

cindy324

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:31 pm
Good point CM! Now I'm getting psyched up...

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 12:39 am
Very cute pic, cindy324!. CM, I am going to try that too.

Jewgal, how many hamantaschen does your recipe yield? I usually make a few batches, and if I know the yield, I know how many batches to make.

cheerios

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 12:53 pm
Quote:
Let me know how it turns out !!

So now I can't get away with just buying them! Sad Oh well. It seems everone here wants to make them anyway. Maybe I'll first let THEM try it out, and then I'll see if it's worth the effort!

mumof1

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 4:18 pm
I make the one in kosher by design its so good and freezes well so I can do it in advance.

cheerios

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 11:11 pm
I made them today, Jewgal. Dh loves them - I guess that says enough!

lotte

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 9:30 am
I bake a lot but never made Hamantashen!
I ordered some Caramel-filled Hamantashen(mmm...yum!)but My dd wants to bake her own!She wants them filled with Chocolate and sprinkles on top.
can you please let me know if you made any Hamantashen this year?I want your easy recipe please!
I do not want any recipe that was copied& pasted from anywhere if you didnt bake it your self & have experience with it.

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 9:33 am
Honestly, because of the winter storm, my exam got pushed off to wednesday.. so I have done NOTHING!!

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 10:42 am
most recipes are easy, the hard part is the rolling and filling and pinching. thats the patchke.

cindy324

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 12:07 pm
I believe it was jewgal who posted a recipe for Hamantaschen dough that does not have to be rolled. You just make the dough, refrigerate overnight, then form into balls, flatten, fill, and fold up. I didn't try it, but thinking about doing it tonight, and baking it tomorrow.

Here's the link to her post:

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....cipes
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus