Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Facebook - while at work
Previous  1  2

Are you allowed to go on Facebook during work hours?
yes  
 65%  [ 13 ]
no  
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

esther09

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 9:12 am
Another vote for it being OK as long as she is performing well and on time. I think there's also something to be said about being discrete. Don't do it constantly and at least try to hide it from your co-workers and boss.

My boss has the, as long as you get your work done, attitude. She even warned me that we're going to be switching to a new server that tracks Internet use (the whole office, not me specifically!)

On a personal note, I try to limit FB and imamother for that matter to my phone, on really slow days, out of anyone's view. I learned my lesson when, during a slow point in a (5hour long!!!) client meeting, my head drifted toward my lap where my phone was and I did a quick glance at my newsfeed. It was a large meeting and I had nothing to contribute but my boss (correctly and fairly) told me that the client is paying us and is very upset when they see people on Facebook. My boss, on the other hand, pays me but doesn't care. Maybe it's a generational thing? Or knowing your employee well enough to trust her?

robynm

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 9:31 am
I voted yes. There's no policy where I work. I made a conscious choice when I started this job not to sign on to facebook from work. I was getting too addicted. If a message appears on my smartphone, I occasionally check it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics