Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cheapest Frum Community Rent in the USA
Previous  1  2

ElTam

Post Mon, May 13 2013, 7:44 pm
Have you looked at Dallas or Memphis? When we were relocating a few years ago, they were slightly, but not significantly more expensive than the Midwest, where we wound up.

San Diego is not reasonable. To live in a frum neighborhood, 10 years ago we were paying $895/month for a two-bedroom one bath apt that was outside the eruv. And that was in one of the less expensive communities. The two other frum, not Chabad communities were much more expensive. Chabad, it really depends which one you are taking about, but most of them were in pretty expensive areas.

wife2

Post Mon, May 13 2013, 9:30 pm
I have lived in Baltimore my whole life. I work in schools and can tell you the differences between all of them.
Feel free to pm me for more info.
House prices range from $150,000-$350,000. You can get a 3 bedroom semi for between $100,000-$200.000 depending on location.

brbs

Post Tue, May 14 2013, 5:24 am
We live in Phoenix and could not be happier.

Several shuls of all types, cheap cost of living, tuition is incredibly reasonable, both a boys and girls high schools, 2 elementaary schools, resturants, kosher butchers...

cheap cost of living, and perfect weather 9 months out of the year, the other three are super hot but at least you don't have to shovel it...

marina

Post Tue, May 14 2013, 5:53 am
cleveland- you can rent whole 3 + bedroom house with a back yard for abt 900-1200per month. Or you can buy it and the mortgage may be less.

amother

Post Tue, May 14 2013, 10:02 am
I think if you're really trying to get away from the weather, then stay out of the midwest. Houston has a very welcoming community, with all "types," houses are almost dirt cheap, even in the "nicer" neighborhoods, and there are several universities nearby.

alpidarkomama

Post Thu, May 16 2013, 11:14 pm
Savannah, Savannah! Sweet community. 3bed houses are $1200ish/month. Great place to raise a family. Smile

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 16 2013, 11:53 pm
Detroit

tryinghard

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 12:32 am
Rochester NY has 2 bedrooms for 850-900. There are not so many houses for rent in the frum area but you can find here and there for anywhere from 900-1500. If you were interested in buying you can easily find something nice for around 150k

amother

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 11:54 pm
I lived in Dallas and paid $1200 for a good sized 3 bedroom apartment. LOVED IT THERE.
I lived in Omaha, NE and paid $750 for a med sized 2 bedroom apartment and also was very happy.
I lived in Chicago (more than 10 years ago) and paid $1200 for a med sized 2 bed room and was happy there too.

Now, who figured out who I am from that
[align=right]hfhjf

Merrymom

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 12:18 am
Who cares if the rents are low if the job market is terrible there?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 5:41 pm
Houston TX

mille

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 7:42 pm
San Diego is very expensive (well, the frum community area at least, which is la jolla). If you are going for cheap, California is not what you want!

spinkles

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 7:44 pm
OP if you don't want midwestern weather then a lot of places people are recommending aren't going to be so good for you. You're going to have to compromise either on it being "the cheapest" community or on the weather. Personally I would look at the schools as the major priority instead.

And don't get tempted into buying a house in a cheap community that you'll later have trouble selling! Only buy when you're sure you're staying in that community. My city has lots of people trying to sell right now, and they're having a hard time.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 8:18 pm
In Houston a 2br / 2ba apt is around $800. 3 br house between $1100-1200.
If you have enough for a down payment you can buy a 3 br house with a mortgage for less than $1000 a month including taxes.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 9:49 pm
I think you might like Baltimore but you will get cold weather in the winter. If you want to have warm weather all year round then look into what the others have mentioned-Arizona, Texas, and Georgia. Good luck on your decision!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating