Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Girl's "privates"
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 1:05 pm
The Rambam says that Lashon Hakodesh is called "Kadosh" because it has no explicit words for intimacy or for male or female private parts, but rather refers to them by euphemisms. That doesn't mean that they are Things Who Must Not Be Named, but employing less explicit language where possible seems appropriate.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 1:07 pm
amother wrote:
The Rambam says that Lashon Hakodesh is called "Kadosh" because it has no explicit words for intimacy or for male or female private parts, but rather refers to them by euphemisms. That doesn't mean that they are Things Who Must Not Be Named, but employing less explicit language where possible seems appropriate.
And you're posting anonymously because....?

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 1:07 pm
Oh, and I hardly think calling a p*nis or v*gina a "pee pee" sounds holier.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 1:15 pm
Clarissa wrote:
amother wrote:

isn't it obvious ...

[edited for language. -merelyme, as mod]

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 1:42 pm
greenfire wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
amother wrote:

isn't it obvious ...
[edited for language. -merelyme, as mod]
I know this'll get deleted but it really made me laugh.

Shana_H

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 2:17 pm
I've always given private parts cutsie names only coz I feel Americans have so many s-xual hang ups, I've never been called into the school office coz one of my kids has spoken out about "privates" I'm sure I'd be mortified! Europeans have no problems calling a spade a spade, so in our home, my boys have a Pootza, and my girls have a Moonie, which my 5 yr old called her Mimi when she was about 2 yrs old, and it stuck! The rear end is a Colo, which of course is unisex. Oh yes, and I have Boobies, they're for nursing babies!

marina

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 2:25 pm
My kids call their vaginal area their VaJayJay and their penises Fred.

And yes, they all have multiples of both, I'm sure someone will ask.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 2:32 pm
marina wrote:

yeah I was wondering about the multiple fred[s] - considering Scratching Head

Barbara

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 2:33 pm
marina wrote:

The least they could do is call their 2d p3nis "Barney."

Or perhaps just call the Freds Flintstone, Astaire, McMurray, Rogers, Savage (or maybe not) and Gwynne.

But I strongly recommend changing "VaJayJay" to "HooHa." Its much more dignified.

marina

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 3:46 pm
HooHa is our nickname for their nose. That sometimes surprises people when my kids share they have to blow their hooha because there's too much snot, but that's how it is.

We all have cute names for body parts.

Barbara

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 4:21 pm
marina wrote:
HooHa is our nickname for their nose. That sometimes surprises people when my kids share they have to blow their hooha because there's too much snot, but that's how it is.

We all have cute names for body parts.

We just randomly assign the names of real body parts to other body parts, to be tzniut. So, for example, my son recently hurt what you would call his pinky. But we call it his knee. It confused the school nurse a little, but so be it. The only real problem we have is that what you would call his back, we call p3nis. That was a little hairy (or as we would say, kidney-ish) when he told his friends "my mommy rubs my p3nis every night to help me fall asleep; it feels really good," but the charges were dropped after only a few weeks.

chani8

Post Sat, Jun 15 2013, 3:25 pm
This thread is still going??? I told my kids about it on shobbos. DD admitted that one of our little kids asked her what breasts are, and DD was shocked into silence. And could not remember the hebrew. I know it because I buy chicken.

Another DD said that she doesn't know the correct hebrew name for vajajay.

We all laughed at the Volvo joke, esp the booty backside part!

DS thinks a girls' front is called kasi or something like that, in hebrew, and that pretty girls are called Kassit. But I am worried that he may be mistaken and that this is slang at best, and vile at worst. Help please.

ally

Post Sat, Jun 15 2013, 3:56 pm
chani8 wrote:
This thread is still going??? I told my kids about it on shobbos. DD admitted that one of our little kids asked her what breasts are, and DD was shocked into silence. And could not remember the hebrew. I know it because I buy chicken.

Another DD said that she doesn't know the correct hebrew name for vajajay.

We all laughed at the Volvo joke, esp the booty backside part!

DS thinks a girls' front is called kasi or something like that, in hebrew, and that pretty girls are called Kassit. But I am worried that he may be mistaken and that this is slang at best, and vile at worst. Help please.

Kussit is not a good word.
(My 5yo came home with it from Gan - I was relieved that at least the Ganenet would know it didn't come from us )
#Sometimes there are advantages to being immigrant parents#
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics