Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Need ideas of places to give tzedokah
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 7:22 pm
Ben Ish U'Ben Achiv.

bobeli

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 7:25 pm
I organize cleaning help for overwhelmed mothers who can't afford it, very discrete and does wonders to the household. in brooklyn
if you prefer in israel I can pair you up with kolel familys to sponsor something specific or for monthly donation, usually they daven for you or whoever you want.
plenty of struggling yeshivas here and in israel

pm if you want more info

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 7:44 pm
I'll be glad to take some off your hands l'shem mitzva ~ ya never know where the next roll of toilet paper comes from

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 7:47 pm
amother wrote:
naturalmom5 wrote:
I'm not sure about your neighborhood , but in Lakewood , they also do locksmith ing , and provide oxygen if someone is home bound and can't breath or a/c not working but it isn't a hatzlala emergency.
They also provided generators and and cut down trees near power lines during Sandy and helped women go to the Mikva when the roads were closed during nor'easter s and blizzards
I live in Brooklyn. As far as I know they 'only' fix cars. Does anyone know if they do all these extra things?

do you think 'only' fixing cars cost nothing ??? think again ... Confused

amother

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 8:18 pm
misaskim

e1234

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 10:56 pm
not sure if anyone has maaser money

I have a neighbor who for a few days keeps asking me for advil and tylenol

Yesterday in the morning she asked me again and I asked her why she doesn't go to the dr to see what's wrong - she looked terrible . she said she did and the dr. said she needs antibiotics and she didn't have the 23 shekel ($6) to buy it. I got her the antibiotics and b'h by evening she is much better.
This is a lady separated from her husband with one son and no food. I would like to try to help her.
I would actually prefer to give her the food and pay her bills then money.
If anyone has maaser money - I will pass it on to her paying her bills and for food.

lifesajourney

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 3:32 pm
Yes the yeshiva has a website, you can pm me for the link, I'm not so comfortable posting it here.

Btw my husband is on chaveirim and they do a whole lot more than fixing your flat tire. Aside from freeing children locked in hot cars and bathrooms, they help out the elderly as well. They also help out in blizzards, hurricanes etc. to clear roads, or whatever help is necessary.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 5:53 pm
amother wrote:
naturalmom5 wrote:
Perhaps read about Chaverim on their website
They are all volunteers and they are all unbelievably committed
However , the chargers, batteries, tools, equipment , oxygen tanks , and many other apparatus is very expensive
oxygen tanks? they save cars not people!
I was under the impression that if they buy parts for someone (like a battery or gas) they charge the 'customer' for it

whats the website? I tried using google but couldnt find it.

In Lakewood they charged me for a gallon of gas when I got stuck without gas some years ago. They don't charge for battery recharging, plugging a tire on the spot (which saves money at a shop), and hundreds of other services which they don't charge for.

Keep in mind, however, that while Chaveirim is great to have in stressful situations, it is not life-saving on a regular basis. Hatzolah or Tomchei Shabbos fits that bill better.

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 6:02 pm
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ight=

boysrus

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 7:40 pm
Dear OP

please check out a post called 'update on kayla rus bas chaya rochel' (sorry, dont know how to do the link)
Kayla rus 's mother 'obsessed dancer' has a link on that thread to chai lifeline and specifically to their family's account. Here on imamother we are all davening for this fine young lady whose 16th birhtday it is today, may she have a speedy refuah sheleimah and be strong and healthy ad mayoh ve'esrim shonoh. If yuo have spare cash, maybe you could donate!

perhaps someone else can post the link?
Thanks

thank you OP adn hatzlacha to you

amother

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 7:54 pm
OP is gone since yesterday mid-afternoon. Don't get your hopes up.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 7:57 pm
boysrus wrote:
Dear OP

please check out a post called 'update on kayla rus bas chaya rochel' (sorry, dont know how to do the link)
Kayla rus 's mother 'obsessed dancer' has a link on that thread to chai lifeline and specifically to their family's account. Here on imamother we are all davening for this fine young lady whose 16th birhtday it is today, may she have a speedy refuah sheleimah and be strong and healthy ad mayoh ve'esrim shonoh. If yuo have spare cash, maybe you could donate!

perhaps someone else can post the link?
Thanks

thank you OP adn hatzlacha to you

Here is the link to Kayla Rus's thread.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....art=0

We have all been davening for her and today is her birthday. I hope OP helps out here as there are many imamothers that can verify this story and the need.

May she have a speedy refua shelaima and enjoy her 16th year immensely!

boysrus

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 7:58 pm
Amein grossamama, and thanks for the link

amother

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:
momX4 wrote:
Call a local school and ask to pay someone's debt so that they can send their kids to school next year.

I have heard of people going into the grocery store and paying private peoples balance-that's so nice (I never keep a balance over Shabbos BH)
I like the idea of paying someone's grocery bill. Is there a way to make his tax deductible?

Not legally although it is done in the frum community all the time. You give a directed donation. Donate to a proper tax deductible organization and tell them you want to help so and so.

I don't understand how certain orgs get away with directed donations.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 9:45 am
amother wrote:
OP is gone since yesterday mid-afternoon. Don't get your hopes up.
Not everyone stays logged in all day. You thought that if I didn't log in one day it means I fill off the face of this earth?

And if you must know I did give money to some of the places that people suggested. But that doesn't mean I need to give you an accounting of exactly who I gave to or how much.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 9:47 am
Anyone know the phone number/ website of Brooklyn Tomchei Shabbos?

momX4

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 9:55 am
amother wrote:

Tomche Shabbos Of Boro Park

(718) 259-5576

6225 New Utrecht Ave, Brooklyn, NY

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 10:02 am
momX4 wrote:
amother wrote:

Tomche Shabbos Of Boro Park

(718) 259-5576

6225 New Utrecht Ave, Brooklyn, NY
thank you

Hatemywig

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 12:31 pm
http://collive.com/show_news.r.....mital

amother

Post Tue, Jul 16 2013, 5:50 pm
anyone know of any more chinese auctions/ raffles going on now?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics