Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need all new Kitchen appliances plus.....
Previous  1  2

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 7:24 pm
in regard to the dishwasher, there's a bosch stainless steel that seems to always have a special on it. it's because it smells. smells really bad. (and I was so excited about getting a bosch! feh)

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 7:42 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
in regard to the dishwasher, there's a bosch stainless steel that seems to always have a special on it. it's because it smells. smells really bad. (and I was so excited about getting a bosch! feh)

which one? because my original quote was for a bosch Sad

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 7:53 pm
I highly recommend Towne Appliance in Lakewood, they always give good advice and great prices.

I have the GE profile oven that doesn't let things fall down the sides. It is good but not perfect. But the food down the sides was important to me. And the matching microwave above.

I love counter depth fridge because nothing gets lost in the back but I do have a spare fridge which gets used for Sukkot and Pesach. Only get with Shabbos Mode - it is wonderful.

We also had no room for a Poland spring so I put it a very good filter faucet you can get at home depot on special order called Kinetco. It tastes better than Poland Spring.

Dishwasher - I DONT say get Bosch - horrible experience. I recommend a Kitchen Aid. They clean dishes well and dont break or smell.

thanks

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 7:58 pm
I have the Frigidaire dishwasher, and I am very happy. I also have a kitchenaid drawer dishwasher - one is milchig the other pareve. It does not clean well. I used to have a Bosch dishwasher, and could not find anyone to repair it. Luckily it was just a kink in the drain hose that I fixed myself.

If you order from Town and ship to NY you do not get charged tax. (You are supposed to mail in the tax yourself.)

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 7:59 pm
amother wrote:
I highly recommend Towne Appliance in Lakewood, they always give good advice and great prices.

I have the GE profile oven that doesn't let things fall down the sides. It is good but not perfect. But the food down the sides was important to me. And the matching microwave above.

I love counter depth fridge because nothing gets lost in the back but I do have a spare fridge which gets used for Sukkot and Pesach. Only get with Shabbos Mode - it is wonderful.

We also had no room for a Poland spring so I put it a very good filter faucet you can get at home depot on special order called Kinetco. It tastes better than Poland Spring.

Dishwasher - I DONT say get Bosch - horrible experience. I recommend a Kitchen Aid. They clean dishes well and dont break or smell.

Thanks! What's not perfect about it? Also, you mean instead of the fridge, it would be a faucet on the sink? I want something easy for kids to access as well. We are all big water drinkers bh.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 8:02 pm
amother wrote:

Did their staff actually give you the advice? Or did they recommend that you call another (frum) appliance dealer, ask all your questions, then buy from them? I've been told they do that.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 8:12 pm
Quote:
Did their staff actually give you the advice? Or did they recommend that you call another (frum) appliance dealer, ask all your questions, then buy from them? I've been told they do that.

Never ever had that! Maybe I know people who want to see it before they buy in person are told that they can find it on display in other showrooms to see it in person, but never had or heard that! They have always been very professional.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 15 2013, 8:16 pm
ok. I'm back.

I called up town and this is what they recommended:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2.....aE7ww

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-b......html

http://www.amazon.com/GE-PGS90.....QUHGS

https://www.google.com/shoppin.....BELok

Now I am conflicted, because while I like the look and everyone is telling me to get this type of range, the freestanding with the oven stuff in the back (which apparently doesn't look as nice because it obstructs the backsplash) and microwave is $1000 cheaper!!! I am on a tight budget but I just don't know! Please help me make a decision by tomorrow because I really have to order them already. I don't want to spend so much money on a kitchen from cabinets, to flooring to countertops to then skimp on the appliances and have it look wierd or cheap.

So my questions are: 1) anyone have experience with these models and are happy/unhappy?

2) What would you do in terms of freestanding (with the back coming up) or slide in (with oven features in the front)?

amother

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 10:52 am
I spoke it over with dh and a friend and we have decided to go with the cheaper one. Any last voices of disagreement?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating