Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Gedalia Shaffer OBM
Previous  1  2

sarahd

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 12:17 pm
I was referring to this post:

amother wrote:
amother wrote:
This is the 4th levaya in Lubavitch this week. This is insane Sad

Maybe I'm wrong, but if it was a drunk driver, I see that as a tragedy but if it was someone older than 70 (even though so many people live into their 80's and 90's) I don't see it as "insane." Galus is insane, with suffering, illness, death - if that's what you mean, I agree!

And I believe that amother was referring to the other levayos last week, in which the niftarim were over 70.

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 5:32 pm
sarahd wrote:
And I believe that amother was referring to the other levayos last week, in which the niftarim were over 70.

They were, 78, 79, and 90. Of course it's sad for their families! But insane?

Sudden death (car accident, terrorism etc.) is tragic at any age and the death of someone young is tragic too.

Poor Bronya Shaffer Sad I heard her speak a few times. Just imagining what it was like to hear that news, for her, her children, his family (parents, siblings) Crying

sarahd

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 6:57 am
I thought Mrs. Nadoff was 73.

miriam

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 9:50 am
She was.

miriam

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 9:51 am
She was.

supermom

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:05 am
Raisin wrote:
There is no good age to lose a parent
Quote:

You are right, but 60 year olds who lose a parent cope with it a whole lot better than 16 year olds.

I know a woman that her father was over 70 and she is having a harder time then I am.

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:16 am
Ironically, the longer a parent is around, the closer you become to that parent; more years spent together, and the loss becomes more and more unbearable! Take it from someone who's been there - twice! Sad Sad Sad

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 12:11 pm
Everyone (I hope) is sad when a parent passes away and has a hard time dealing with it. But, when you lose a parent at a young age, there is the additional sadness that they will not be there for your wedding, children's births etc etc etc.

To take your point to extreme,DS, we'd all be better off if our parents died when we were born. My father lost his father before he was even born. He never even got his chance to mourn. I'm sure he'd have loved to have the oppurtunity to sit shiva for his father. Sure he missed out on the traumatic, horrible, sad event of losing a father, but he went through life as an orphan.

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 12:44 pm
Not in any way trying to discount the pain and loss of a young parent dying. Just brought out a point that some people seem to miss - "Oh, your parent was 80 or 90, or whatever 'ripe old age', good enough, you've had your share of having a parent long enough!" There is a very, very intense pain then too, very different most likely than losing a young parent when the child is a young age, but very intense and very, very painful when older parent/older child too!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 1:20 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
Not in any way trying to discount the pain and loss of a young parent dying. Just brought out a point that some people seem to miss - "Oh, your parent was 80 or 90, or whatever 'ripe old age', good enough, you've had your share of having a parent long enough!" There is a very, very intense pain then too, very different most likely than losing a young parent when the child is a young age, but very intense and very, very painful when older parent/older child too!
It's interesting that most people feel that "TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS". Somehow, as time goes by, I miss and regret that I could have done more for my parent that died in their eighties, more and more. The pain worsened. Confused
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics