Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
My cleaning lady steals my fruit!
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 9:43 am
nyer1 wrote:
im honestly apalled that people don't think to feed their cleaning ladies. they are doing labor around your house that you arent doing. for hours at a time. you don't think they deserve a drink or a MEAL? if you don't let nonkosher food in your house, you can't expect them to NOT EAT.

when my cleaning lady comes I ALWAYS make her lunch and coffee and leave her a cold drink. she is SO thankful. its not hard to do. it makes a huge kiddush hashem

I also don't feed teachers, nannies or workers. Nor was I fed as a teacher even if I had to stay for many hours. Not their business to feed me.
I'm certainly not going to cook a meal as opposed to them just taking a snack or bringing their food. Don't know many people who would be up to this... yet another NY thing I suppose!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 9:49 am
I have a lady who comes in twice a week for ONE HOUR in the morning to do light housework. She cannot do her work without first preparing a cup of tea which she drinks as she does her work. She is actually very careful to ask me and she even replaces the disposable cups she uses.

nyer1

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 10:12 am
Ruchel, im saying that a frum worker has to feed their worker if the worker isn't allowed to bring their own food. of course I don't expect my employer to feed me because I have the freedom to bring the food that I choose. but an employer doesn't have the right to say, "no, you can't bring food, and you also can't eat mine. you aren't allowed to eat ANYTHING as you 1. run after my kids, 2. scrub my floors, 3. do my laundry"
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics