Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chassid. woman w bright fresh looking lipstick on Shabbos
Previous  1  2  3

anotherima

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 3:18 pm
I would just mind my own business.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 3:19 pm
the saga continues

chapter 4: dirty jew
chapter 5: I wanna grow up to be just like her
chapter 6: natural beauty
chapter 7: אשה יראת ה' היא תתהלל

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 3:21 pm
marina wrote:
Sorry for where you live. In my area, I don't know anyone who considers me a dirty Jew.

I don't know, Marina. I think all Jews are dirty Jews at some point... I get dirty from all the makeup I glop on right before candle-lighting. And walking around on shvitzy Shabbos afternoons without being able to take a cold shower. Also, I have a baby who invariably spits up on my nicest Shabbos clothes.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 3:36 pm
OP, I understood what you were asking - sorry you got bashed so much by people looking to bash. I've often wondered the same thing about fresh lipstick. I know all the tricks for getting makeup to last, but have never seen lipstick that stayed looking moist and fresh the next day without someone having touched it up, either with fresh lipstick or a gloss. I can get the color to stay pretty well, but not moist and fresh. I once asked someone who was frum, aidel and tznius how she kept her lipstick so fresh (it was the last day of a 3 day yomtov). I wasn't judging her at all and I really just wanted to know her trick. Her response (a little embarrassed) - "My husband lets me put it on fresh". shock

My4Jewels

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 6:10 pm
ok OP while I understand that you are wondering how she gets her make up to last so long and look so good. Since you used the super judgmental word" trashy" to describe how other women look I think people assumed you were judging her. You set a judgmental tone to your post. In my opinion either she applies it fresh or she doesn't and I do not think asking her what she does is a good idea since just maybe she does apply it fresh and all that will do is embarrass her. Some ladies here have given their idea for keeping it fresh looking so try one of those I guess. In the mean time I also like to assume the best of people but I would never risk embarrassing somebody since you never know what answer will pop up.

wereafamily

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 7:31 pm
Putting a layer of crayon lipstick helps...

blini

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 12:07 am
I am judging no one. I look like a shmata by Saturday and have only admiration for those still looking good! Carry on, ladies, and inspire me.

zaq

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 10:06 am
amother wrote:
It looked moist and creamy, like it was applied that minute and this was Shabbos afternoon. And for those who are thinking perhaps she did....... no!!!!!!, she wasnt the trampy Chassidish type. .

Hello???? So putting on lipstick on Shabbos makes a woman "trampy"???

Not saying she did apply lipstick on Shabbos, not saying she didn't, just objecting to your equating putting on lipstick with lax moral values.

If she did reapply lipstick just then--what business is it of yours? And if she didn't--why didn't you approach her, compliment her on her look and ask her what kind of lipcolor she uses?

FYI there are long-wear lipcolors like Outlast and Colorstay that last an incredibly long time. The color formula tends to be drying, so a moisturizing topcoat is applied after the base dries. One brand comes with a liquid topcoat. These long-wearing formulas come off if you eat anything greasy, but women who care deeply about such things have perfected the art of eating carefully so that oily food doesn't touch their lips. It looks a little odd, self-conscious and prissy, but it does the trick.

zaq

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 10:10 am
DrMom wrote:
eema of 3 wrote:
Really stupid question....why is it any of your business? It's not like you're asking because you also want to look like you just put on makeup. Unless that IS why you're asking, and for some reason you couldn't figure out how to do it nicely?

I assumed she wanted to know what products she used so she could replicate the look...

Then the logical thing to do would be to ask the woman directly. How should Imamother know what Mrs. Yennem wears on her face?

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 10:29 am
zaq wrote:
DrMom wrote:
eema of 3 wrote:
Really stupid question....why is it any of your business? It's not like you're asking because you also want to look like you just put on makeup. Unless that IS why you're asking, and for some reason you couldn't figure out how to do it nicely?

I assumed she wanted to know what products she used so she could replicate the look...

Then the logical thing to do would be to ask the woman directly. How should Imamother know what Mrs. Yennem wears on her face?

Or at least if you are going to ask imamother, do so nicely without throwing around nasty, uncalled for words. I don't have a problem with the question, I have an issue with the way it wa asked. "I saw a woman on shabbos who looked like she had just applied her makeup, but I know she hadn't. Does anyone know what she might har been wearing? It looked great, and I would love to get it for myself." See? There's a world of difference in the wording.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics