Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Cutable Quotes!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

btMOMtoFFBs  

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 10:28 am
My little 3 yr old DD made up a song this week - first time she ever did that.

First I ate an elephant
Den (read then) I ate a jaff (read giraffe)
Den I ate a kanga-woo
Dat really made me laugh - Cha Cha (pronounced like with a ches at the beginning of the word)

Needless to say we have all been singing it because its unbelievable adorable - and quite catchy, too. LOL

emasunshine

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 10:52 am
When my older daughter was 3 and younger daughter was 1, I was explaining to my older daughter about the Shema and what it means. I told her "There is only one Hashem, and Hashem is one," to which my older daughter replied, "Oh, Hashem is one...like my sister!"

IamI

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 10:53 am
ADORABLE! how cute:)

yo'ma  

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 10:59 am
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
My little 3 yr old DD made up a song this week - first time she ever did that.

First I ate an elephant
Den (read then) I ate a jaff (read giraffe)
Den I ate a kanga-woo
Dat really made me laugh - Cha Cha (pronounced like with a ches at the beginning of the word)

Needless to say we have all been singing it because its unbelievable adorable - and quite catchy, too. LOL

Sorry, to burst your bubble, but she didn't make it up. It's a song about eating animal crackers.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 11:35 am
LOL! OMG!!!

Yo'Ma - and here we thought she was the next big composer and marvelled at her brilliance at coming up with such a rhyming little diddy all on her own!

She must have learned it at camp. That is hilarious! I can't wait to tell my DH.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 11:39 am
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
LOL! OMG!!!

Yo'Ma - and here we thought she was the next big composer and marvelled at her brilliance at coming up with such a rhyming little diddy all on her own!

She must have learned it at camp. That is hilarious! I can't wait to tell my DH.

I could get you more words to the song, but I don't know it, my kids do and they're not home now.

cbmom

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 12:07 pm
The rest of the words are.....
Don't you think it's funny that I had such a meal,
they were animal crackers and none of them were real.
She's still cute btmom Smile

morkush

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 2:18 pm
elf123 wrote:
My daughter, 2 at the time, grabbed her big brother's snack that he was packing for school the next day. After chasing her around trying to get it back from her, he gave up, and sat on the floor with his head in his hands, pretending to cry. She stopped in her tracks, walked over to him, concerned, and leaned over really closely. One second later, she yelled really loudly "FAKER"!!!!!!!

Rolling Laughter I can't stop laughing!!

chaylizi

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 3:23 pm
yeah that is a pretty universal camp song. we sang that when I was in day camp too.

gryp  

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 12:32 pm
My almost 3 yr old was cleaning up his cars yesterday and one kept falling back on the floor. He came to me and completely seriously said, "Mommy, this car still wants me to play with it."
shock LOL

Where do they come up with these things?

elf123  

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 9:56 pm
I had a big pot of chicken soup on the stove when DD, age 3, came home from camp. She walked in, sniffed the air, and said, "What is that WONDERFUL smell?"

Seraph

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 1:31 am
Clarissa wrote:
Okay, going out on a limb to share this one. When my older kid was a little over the age of two, he loved tortellini and wanted to eat it all the time.

Me: You're not a boy, you're a tortellini!

Him: Why? What do tortellinis have between their legs?
rofllll

GAMZu  

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 1:41 am
elf, that must've felt GOOD! Very Happy

elf123  

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:18 am
Thanks, GAMZu, but it was more the tone of her voice than what she actually said...kind of like something you'd hear in a movie, or actually a soap opera (not that she's ever seen either!!!)

GAMZu  

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:26 am
Maybe she has a future in school plays Wink

elf123  

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:58 pm
Okay, thought I'd revive this thread with a cute story, although I'm not sure if it exactly fits here...DD just started nursery and came home today telling me a girl in her class had a birthday today. Apparently they must have sang "Happy Birthday" with the children in Hebrew, and the words must have been a little fuzzy, b/c tonight, during her bath, she was loudly and proudly singing "Yom KIPPUR sameyach...."

GAMZu  

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 12:26 am
LOL! Very Happy

My 2 1/2 year old found a tiny pine cone and ran to tell me, "I found a kleine shiksa!" Eeeerrrrrrr... he meant shishka, Yiddish for cone. Haha. He said it correctly the 2nd time, but I love how he always mixes up words that have an X or SK or KS in them. Smile

elf123  

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 11:06 pm
Okay, here we go again...trying to no avail to get DD to take a Shabbos afternoon nap today, she was anything but cooperative...she kept saying "I'm not tired!" although she clearly was...finally, desperate for a nap myself, I told her, "If you can't sleep, just lie in your bed and rest a little..." I got into my bed and thought it had worked. A few minutes later, a small voice at my bedroom door said, "But mommy, I'm not 'resty'!!!!!"

zigi

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 11:11 pm
dd was waving a chicken that ds made. she was saying lets go party, I realized that she is ze kaparusi

YALT  

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 11:18 pm
DH says it says in the Torah (or Gemara? or somewhere!) that a man blames his wife for everything, and eventually the wife pushes all blame to the children. Well, DS didn't want to take it all!

On Yom Kippur he (almost 3 y.o.) was playing with a toy with buttons that make dif. sirens. Each time he'd push a button, he'd turn to me and say "Mommy, Hashem no happy Budly (=Shmully - his friend from upstairs)" So I asked him why. He said "Budly push button!" I tried telling him no, Yudi's pushing the buttons. But he kept insisting: "No! Hashem no happy Budly! Budly push button!"
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics