Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Books for Chutzpadig 6yo girl
Previous  1  2

lifesagift

Post Sat, Dec 28 2013, 10:02 pm
Hey, I do enjoy reading midos stories that r fun and "toichendig", so I actually wrote one! The title: Prickly and the Mending Friends Learn Social Skills. It will be available online IMH sometime this week.

Lydia

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 12:32 am
Super Social Skills books: My kids love these books! I do not enjoy them much because they are written in a very stilted rhyme and seem weirdly artificial. For that reason, I don't bring them out much, but when I do, my kids think it's the biggest treat. They do seem to help them think about behaviors because they will occasionally compare real-life situations to characters in the books.

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books might also be fun for your daughter.

Like other people suggested, though, this kind of book is not cure in itself. Nor should you let her know that you picked the book because of her behavior or point out a connection between her behavior and the character in the book. That could be insulting and make her not enjoy the book. I think this type of book about behaviors are so helpful to kids, not necessarily to modify their _own_ behaviors, but to start to recognize patterns of behavior in general and the kinds of effects they have on other people.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 12:50 pm
OP Here.

Thank you, I'm taking all your suggestions seriously. I'm a little lost now on how to get the OT evaluation but still looking into it.

The websites were very interesting, and I'll look at the books at Eichler's bli neder.

For now I'm starting with the Nurtured Heart Approach. When it was mentioned on the forum, it reminded me of another time I heard of it, so thought it was a good start. Wish me luck!

paprika

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 1:30 pm
You can get the judaica books from the public library (if you live in NY). They might not have it on premises but they can order it for you from another location.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics