Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Please help send my daughter to camp!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 6:32 pm
Ff you said one of the main reasons she wants to go there is for the horseback riding. I know the ny one has it but are you sure the Midwest one does too? I'm just asking bec you said it was the main reason. I've been to the campus and there isn't a stable.

asd3

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 6:37 pm
Heyaaa wrote:
Ff you said one of the main reasons she wants to go there is for the horseback riding. I know the ny one has it but are you sure the Midwest one does too? I'm just asking bec you said it was the main reason. I've been to the campus and there isn't a stable.

They don't have a stable they have someone bring horses in a bunch of times each season though they were talking about buying horses also

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:04 pm
good luck to you & your daughter

Hug Hug

amother

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:52 pm
Donated! Hope she enjoys and has a wonderful time, and that you have lots of nachas from her!

elisheva25

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 8:33 pm
DONATED!!!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 8:38 pm
I'm getting a grant from the Jewish Federation. That's the only one out there right now. I got $100 from my shul. Jewish Family Services isn't doing grants this year because of budget cuts. Sad

Rivka knows that the horses aren't on site. It's probably best, because otherwise she'd never leave the stables!

I just posted another update at the link, with a better picture of her.

She is SO amazed at how many people want to help her! (as am I Very Happy ) This has been a wonderful lesson for her in gratitude and the joy of helping others.

In other news, my dad just came into a small amount of money from his brother's estate, and he's sending me some to cover the cost of a new pair of glasses for me! Nerd I've desperately needed a new prescription for years now, but I've kept putting it off so that I can do things like get Rivka new school clothes and such. I can't wait to be able to see mid-range distances again, and to be able to read without peering over the top of my glasses and squinting. I'm so excited!

It's not money that buys happiness, it's how you use that money and what you do with it. IYH, in the future I'll be able to share that happiness with others.

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 2:17 am
FF, I am awed by your ability to do what's right for you and your family regardless of what other people may think. You have an amazing attitude. I truly stand in awe of you. May Hashem grant you boundless nachas from her.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 2:28 am
kiwi strawberry wrote:
FF, I am awed by your ability to do what's right for you and your family regardless of what other people may think. You have an amazing attitude. I truly stand in awe of you. May Hashem grant you boundless nachas from her.

Awww, thank you!

It IS hard having to ask for help. It really is. Before I became disabled, I used to work for an interior design firm downtown. On my lunch breaks I always bought lunches for homeless people, or at least carried meal vouchers in my pockets. I used to volunteer at a charity thrift shop, doing all of their window and mannequin displays, and sorting out the racks. I loved every minute of it. Doing chessed does more for the giver than the receiver, IMHO.

Now that my life circumstances have changed, I tell myself that it's my turn to give that good feeling to others, that they can learn the joy of giving. How would people get the merit of doing mitzvot, if nobody needed help?

Anyway, that's what I think about so I don't get depressed about money. I have to remind myself that my worth is in my middos, not in my pocketbook.

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 2:40 am
You're amazing! If you lived near me I would want you as a friend Smile

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 10:57 am
I sent a PayPal donation to the email address that you posted. Did you receive it? The PayPal recipient name did not match up to the name on the fund me website. I hope I sent it to the right person.

granolamom

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 11:21 am
Cookies n Cream wrote:
I sent a PayPal donation to the email address that you posted. Did you receive it? The PayPal recipient name did not match up to the name on the fund me website. I hope I sent it to the right person.

same here.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 6:11 pm
I've gotten donations, but since I don't know that your names are in real life, I don't know how to match them to your screen names!

PM me and I can confirm.

Thanks so much!

granolamom

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 7:50 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I've gotten donations, but since I don't know that your names are in real life, I don't know how to match them to your screen names!

PM me and I can confirm.

Thanks so much!

I put my SN in the note

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 8:39 pm
Cookies, I got yours, thank you.

Granolamom, I didn't see anything with a note from your SN.

I should have mentioned that the Paypal account would have my "old" name. (initials C.A.)

granolamom

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 9:41 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Cookies, I got yours, thank you.

Granolamom, I didn't see anything with a note from your SN.

I should have mentioned that the Paypal account would have my "old" name. (initials C.A.)

I'll pm you my email address. Those initials match the account I sent to

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 9:53 pm
Everyone accounted for. Very Happy

Thanks again!

naomi2

Post Sun, Jan 12 2014, 7:26 pm
bump
almost at the halfway mark in less than a week- I really want to see this happen!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 12 2014, 9:07 pm
is there any way to make this tax deductible?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 12 2014, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
is there any way to make this tax deductible?

I'm just an individual person, I don't have 501c3 status. Sorry.

If you can't give, you could really help by passing the link on in your social media groups. Even that helps immensely. Team Rivka needs to go viral. Wink

A quick update, we're just $8.00 short of the halfway mark! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

amother

Post Sun, Jan 12 2014, 9:15 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm just an individual person, I don't have 501c3 status. Sorry.

If you can't give, you could really help by passing the link on in your social media groups. Even that helps immensely. Team Rivka needs to go viral. Wink

A quick update, we're just $8.00 short of the halfway mark! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I thought maybe I could give the money directly to the camp or something Sad
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children