Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Smart phone for 13 yo ds????
Previous  1  2  3

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 2:30 am
I think it's kind of extravagant for a 13-yo.

And I *hate* when I see adults constantly playing with their phones. In meetings, at restaurants, in idling cars at red lights; it's like they've turned into zombies. Nobody reads books on the train anymore; they're all fiddling with their smartphones.

If your son is the type (like Marina's son) who will use it like an organizing tool, then perhaps it's okay, but otherwise, I think it has the potential to be a huge distraction.

bluebird

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 5:57 am
DrMom wrote:

And I *hate* when I see adults constantly playing with their phones. In meetings, at restaurants, in idling cars at red lights; it's like they've turned into zombies. Nobody reads books on the train anymore; they're all fiddling with their smartphones.

I read books on the train! On my smartphone in the Kindle app. Smile I don't want to lug around physical books, and can get them through the library on my phone in addition to buying.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 11:06 am
Until they do a factory reset...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children