Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What is the funniest/ embarrassing thing your child said...
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

lech lecha08

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:14 am
DD is at a Chabad gan. We got their class picture and in the corner, is a picture of the rebbe. My mother was curious and asked DD who that is. She proudly shouted "Hashem!"

amother

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 2:22 pm
When my son was about 3 we were walking in a department store by the lingerie section. My son points to a bra and loudly states, "that looks like a helmet".

Another time we're driving by a hospital and my son states "that's where you get big band aids"

When my son was about 4 he asked, "how come cars don't have potties?" Very funny at the time, he was quite serious about his question.

Volunteer

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
When my son was about 3 we were walking in a department store by the lingerie section. My son points to a bra and loudly states, "that looks like a helmet".

Another time we're driving by a hospital and my son states "that's where you get big band aids"

When my son was about 4 he asked, "how come cars don't have potties?" Very funny at the time, he was quite serious about his question.

They should!

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 4:55 pm
My son couldn't pronounce 'tr' correctly for a few weeks when he was 2. We had just moved to a new neighborhood. While meeting a neighbor, my son exclaimed at the top of his lungs,"truck! Truck!" As one passed by, his newest passion. Yeh, it didn't sound like truck...

Ashrei

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 5:21 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
My son couldn't pronounce 'tr' correctly for a few weeks when he was 2. We had just moved to a new neighborhood. While meeting a neighbor, my son exclaimed at the top of his lungs,"truck! Truck!" As one passed by, his newest passion. Yeh, it didn't sound like truck...

Scratching Head
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, okay now I get it! LOL just took a minute

marina

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 5:35 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:

my kid pronounced TR like F... in the store it was like: mommy I want a truck, a big big truck, can I have a truck... but with the f instead of the tr

Blue jay

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:05 pm
my ds, yelled out to the garbage truck approaching our house....

Hi, trashy! Hi trashy!"

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:11 pm
bubbebia wrote:
I was pregnant with my oldest DD when my DS was about 2+. We went out to a local pizza place one night and there was a clearly non-Jewish cop sitting at the next table. DS, while waiting for his pizza, turns to me and says in his very loud, piercing voice, "How do ladies get pregnant anyway?" I almost crawled under the table (if I could have fit) and just whispered "this is not the place to talk about it. We'll discuss it when we get home." B"H he forgot all about things by the time we got home!

what does the nonjewish cop have to do with the story?

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:21 pm
pickle321 wrote:
I dont get it Confused

probably referring to a saggy jawline, which most bubbies in their 70s or 80s would have but younger ones might not.

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:33 pm
deena19k wrote:
I hear what you're saying, but I guess I still find it strange that a kid would see a black person and think he is a dog (like one amother said). To me that's beyond just childlike innocence.

At a certain age, a child associates a certain feature with a certain object. Anything with wheels is a car, even if it's a suitcase. Anything with four feet is a cat, even if it's an elephant. Anything human smaller than an adult is a baby, even if it's a ten-year-old. Could be that for this child, anything dark was a doggie.

chatouli

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:48 pm
My older son, when he was 2.5, saw a man wearing a streimel for the first time and shouted, "look mommy he's wearing a bird's nest on his head!"

My little one can't say Percy of Thomas & Friends' name properly. It sounds pretty obscene. Of course, Percy is his favorite train. For a plane ride, I bought a video called "Percy's Chocolate Crunch" which depicts Percy covered in chocolate. We went to a friend's house for Shabbat lunch and he saw they have the same video. He said, "mommy! I want Percy Dirty Chocolate!" But only I knew he was saying "Percy." embarrassed

eschaya

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 9:42 pm
Baby was exploring my bathroom cabinet, and soon is walking around the house saying, "string cheese, string cheese". I come for a closer look and see he is waving around an opened tampon.
NEedless to say, it was quickly confiscated.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 11:58 am
I asked my son if he dreams in black and white or color
he said "only the cartoons he dreams in color . LOL Rolling Laughter King Director

Aylat

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 1:54 pm
Unearthly scream from other room; DH drops everything and runs in but all kids are eating peacefully.
DH: What happened?!?
DS 5: On the parsha tape it said that Shimon screamed so loud that 60
DD 7 [interrupting]: No, 70
DS: Ok, 70. That 70 strong men got such a fright that their teeth fell out. [nonchalantly] So I was trying to do that to DS 3.

Incidentally, I have still not tracked down which midrash DS was referring to (or garbling?) Happy to be enlightened!

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 5:40 pm
I have to revive this one.

DS, 3 y/o, is going through a stage of referring to people by their shirt colors. Today we saw a man in a black shirt across the street. Yeah, "LOOK MOMMY! LOOK AT THAT BLACK GUY!" does not go over well on a busy street. embarrassed (And no, he wasn't actually black, but a whole bunch of other people were.)

tryinghard

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 6:50 pm
DD (age 6) was playing with rhyming sounds: Duck, puck, muck, suck, tuck, F[...]

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 7:44 pm
I took my 2.5 year old with me to get a manicure. There was a woman there who was quite elderly. My daughter pointed at her and said, "why is her neck all yucky?" I have no idea if the lady heard what she said, but it was awful.

amother bec I have told ppl this story irl

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 7:31 am
One time when we were out shopping my kids were in a really hyper/silly mood. As we walked through the store they kept pointing at random people and saying really loudly "I hate you, I'm going to kill you". I was so embarrassed embarrassed

groisamomma

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 9:13 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:

Ha, dd did the exact time same thing. She would yell "factor!" every time she saw a tractor. When she saw a truck dh and I would run hide. embarrassed

Some years ago I took a picture of a firehouse marquee that said to be careful with fire because "99% of people are caused by accidents." DS saw it and thought the firehouse made a mistake so he repeated it to everyone with two ears.

singlemom

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 9:57 am
Lol can't stop laughing.. keep em coming.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics