Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
I almost killed my baby!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

elisheva25

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 9:57 pm
Thanx op you are soo right. We do need to take these things seriously. I had to eliminate a lot of foods when I was nursing my last baby, due to eczema...and the thing is it didn't make a difference till I was extremely strict with my diet. That's how these things are....Sometimes you have to go to the extreme.

SRK

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 2:17 am
Good luck! It's very hard, allergies are hard. My son had an anyphlyactic reaction in the summer at 10 months and ended up in the ER

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 2:58 am
OP, how do you feel physically since you've been on such a restrictive diet?

I'm wondering because when I did an elimination diet I felt AMAZING (after the detox period). Since I've started adding things back in, I've had more problems with migraines and inflammation.

If you're feeling better than you were before, you may low level allergies or sensitivities to the same foods that your baby is reacting to.

mandksima

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 4:22 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

I'm wondering because when I did an elimination diet I felt AMAZING (after the detox period). Since I've started adding things back in, I've had more problems with migraines and inflammation.

If you're feeling better than you were before, you may low level allergies or sensitivities to the same foods that your baby is reacting to.

Good question, FF, I was just thinking the same thing. If the OP needed to lose weight or get better herself with any inflamation issues, this diet should have worked well although I agree it is very restrictive and inconvienent (yes, to the point of not being able to hold down a job and take care of baby and eat appropriately!) I need a push to go on this diet myself for health reasons and it would be easier to have an outside reason (although I would not wish that reason to be a poor baby) to force me into it rather than have it come from self-motivation to heal myself naturally.

I remember my oldest kids using Neocate because of allergies but they were nothing like the OP has to go through. Formula is not the best answer anyway, I hated being forced to give it and I would have given anything to be able to nurse them exclusively for the best chance at good health even if it meant this kind of restrictive diet. I hear the complaint loud and clear but it is still better than giving formula for a host of reasons. I never did try the raw goat milk homemade formulas, I only heard about them later but I wonder if the OP's practitioner tried that. With such a bad reaction, I would not want to play around with different concoctions though. I think an inconvienent diet is the only answer.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 10:53 am
I wonder if you took the flu shot during pregnancy. many people are have the same problem as you, all of them took the flu shot during pregnancy.
Take care of your health. I wouldn't vaccinate this baby. They may have a reaction, take a look at the insert.

octopus

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:19 am
amother wrote:
I wonder if you took the flu shot during pregnancy. many people are have the same problem as you, all of them took the flu shot during pregnancy.
Take care of your health. I wouldn't vaccinate this baby. They may have a reaction, take a look at the insert.

sorry, dear. never took any flu shot especially during pregnancy and my child still has allergies. allergies run in my family even though I myself am not allergic.I'm quicker to blame genetically engineered nuts, fruits, and veggies on the explosion of alleries. G-d did not intend all fruits and veggies to be clones of eachother.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:26 am
octopus wrote:
sorry, dear. never took any flu shot especially during pregnancy and my child still has allergies. allergies run in my family even though I myself am not allergic.I'm quicker to blame genetically engineered nuts, fruits, and veggies on the explosion of alleries. G-d did not intend all fruits and veggies to be clones of eachother.

Why would you be quicker to blame the GMO food? vaccines are insanely dangerous. The reactions we are seeing are clearly stated in the insert. And BTW, G-d didn't need big pharmas help to keep our children safe. That s why He created us with an immune system.

Allergies can definitely run in families, but for the baby to have a hard time breathing, to me it seems like a vaccine injury.

you can get compensation by the National vaccine compensation program. Find out for which vaccines they compensate ,and the reaction that they compensate for.

A girl from NJ just received 4.7 million dollars compensation for her vaccine injury. http://www.rense.com/general28/jers.htm

octopus

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:32 am
amother wrote:
Why would you be quicker to blame the GMO food? vaccines are insanely dangerous. The reactions we are seeing are clearly stated in the insert. And BTW, G-d didn't need big pharmas help to keep our children safe. That s why He created us with an immune system.

Allergies can definitely run in families, but for the baby to have a hard time breathing, to me it seems like a vaccine injury.

you can get compensation by the National vaccine compensation program. Find out for which vaccines they compensate ,and the reaction that they compensate for.

A girl from NJ just received 4.7 million dollars compensation for her vaccine injury. http://www.rense.com/general28/jers.htm

you clearly have an agenda. Rolling Eyes you totally extrapolated what YOU think what happened and stated it as fact and clearly no one else can have an opinion. you have no idea what my take is on immunizations, but that is irrelevant.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:34 am
OP Here. Ok, so I do NOT REGRET and I am trying to avoid sounding sour about my diet. I am SO happy that it is going well, BH!

I did not do it for my weight (I did lose my preg. weight much faster though, so I went from a 6/8 to a 4/6- yippy do da.)

I DO have allergies running in my family, and I do not believe in the flu vaccine (or the majority of vaccines altogether)

I DID happen to have a stressful pregnancy, and had to deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy (think contaminated air) at my work. I was told that this could be trigger.

I also noticed that I have become more sensitive on this diet. If I eat sugar, my pancreas vows revenge. Surprising since I used to live on chocolate bars and candy prior to pregnancy, lol! But this pic says it all!
Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

amother

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:37 am
octopus wrote:

OP here. Agreed! By the way, my baby IS more sensitive to foods that are GMO. I do not eat GMO anymore because of this.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:40 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Many people feel this way. Unfortunately, it isn't true for everyone. I was on a very restricted diet while nursing one of my kids, and I was tired, hungry and grumpy all the time. I wish I could say that I felt full of energy and all my health issues resolved, but the opposite was true.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:47 am
if you cant handle an allergen free diet what about using formula? I heard there is a corn based formula for babies who are allergic to milk and soy

octopus

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:47 am
causemommysaid wrote:
if you cant handle an allergen free diet what about using formula? I heard there is a corn based formula for babies who are allergic to milk and soy

op said her baby is allergic to corn

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:48 am
octopus wrote:
op said her baby is allergic to corn

ya I tried to delete my post but you already responded.

thats what happens when you answer the OP and then go back to read the rest of the thread....

octopus

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:50 am
causemommysaid wrote:
ya I tried to delete my post but you already responded.

thats what happens when you answer the OP and then go back to read the rest of the thread....

yeah I do that too. Very Happy

Barbara

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:53 am
amother wrote:

Yeah, that immune system thing did great job with polio, smallpox, influenza, cholera, etc. before the vaccine era.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:57 am
Why does food allergies show your body is intelligent?

Barbara

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond. Thank you for the hugs too. We need to start a support group, lol! People dont believe me when I say that I eat asparagus and chicken all day everyday.
My baby is allergic to ALL fruits, and veggies (aside kale and asparagus), wheat, spelt, gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs, nuts, fish, legumes and beans, sesame, chocolate, sugar, potato, rice etc. The list is endless. sigh. I keep telling myself "just one more year!" I am also SO VERY thankful that my baby is alive and DOING WELL! BH BH BH!!

So glad as well. Wishing you the best.

IMNSHO, the moral of this story is to ALWAYS share all information with medical professionals.

Superwife

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 12:03 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Why does food allergies show your body is intelligent?

As in clearly knowing what is good or bad for ones body. Some people eat trash, do not react and don't even realize what they are doing to their own bodies!

lili

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 2:27 pm
what do you eat???
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics