Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
PLEASE TEHILLIM FOR FRENCH ELECTIONS PLEASE
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 12:18 pm
I think that if he does what he said he would he will be great. I also dread having Royal, she doesn't get anything and is much too naive, the Arabs will walk on her even more than on Chirac.

They clearly didn't respect Chirac, they told him he had 24 hours to convert to Islam or they would kill him LOL. They will respect a woman even less. At the same time, people will get even more fed up (which means more and more neo Nazis) and maybe they will try to kill the President again (remember the attempt against Chirac? it was only failed because someone jumped on the shooter and the bullet missed Chirac). The idea of having a hardcore right wing Pres. will calm the people who are on the verge of neo Nazism and also calm the Muslims big time. Both things are very good for the Jews, believe me.

By the way if c'v Royal is elected, I'm betting the next President will be a neo fascist.

Not to mention if Sarkozy is elected, he will push all his friends on the good places, and his friends are very pro Jews. One of them, the mayor of my town, is SO good. We're twinned with Israeli cities, and he's paying 3/4 of the shul we're building. I could go on and on.

zz

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 4:45 pm
Ruchel, I know this is not the place for a political debate, but I think that you are giving a very simplistic picture of french society where you have so much muslim on one side, and neo nazis on the other....
Now, I know that there is a "suburb" problem and that Sarkozy is the most active in order to calm down the game. On the other hand, I think it is too naive to think that once a president, such a person will be the jews/israelis/fill-in salvation.
He will suddenly have to deal with a new context, new responsabilities and partners.
That is why I assume that the french politic landscape is more complex than the feeling that was given in this thread...
I hope that my post made sense...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 4:57 pm
Quote:
Ruchel, I know this is not the place for a political debate, but I think that you are giving a very simplistic picture of french society where you have so much muslim on one side, and neo nazis on the other....

Well.... you have MILLIONS of Muslims, and also MILLIONS of people who vote "the candidate against the Muslims", be it Sarkozy or even the neo fascists. You also have many leftists who support their values without realizing they are being used by the Islamists. And you have the average French guy who is getting fed up with the problems caused by SOME Muslims. People are not that complicated, you know. They just want what they think is good for them.

Quote:

Now, I know that there is a "suburb" problem and that Sarkozy is the most active in order to calm down the game. On the other hand, I think it is too naive to think that once a president, such a person will be the jews/israelis/fill-in salvation.

I don't think he will be, but at least he won't make the situation worse.
Quote:

He will suddenly have to deal with a new context, new responsabilities and partners.

Definitely, but there will be a new government, hopefully not as passive and naive as Chirac's.
Quote:

That is why I assume that the french politic landscape is more complex than the feeling that was given in this thread...

Of course but I don't think it would interest anyone to have pages and pages of talks about all the different parties, the commies, the greens, the aristocrats, the peasants, the anti euro/Europe, those who want the colonies back, those who want an independent Corsica.....

Quote:
I hope that my post made sense...

yup! Smile

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 8:57 am
So Ruchel how are the candidates doing now? What do the opinion polls say? When is the final round of voting?

rainbow baby

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 2:02 pm
Ruchel keep us up to date!!!! With the polling stations closing in a few minutes how are things looking in France at the moment? What are the opinion polls saying? Let us know!!!!!

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 2:09 pm
French media are forbidden to say anything... but I look at polls on Belgium websites Twisted Evil

Sarkozy is supposed to win with 53-55% - But I'm waiting for the real thing!!
I saw the mayor when I went to vote and he told us he "heard" Sarko would win with 54% but no one is supposed to know blahblahblah Smile

shalhevet

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 2:12 pm
I didn't read this read until now, so maybe it's too late ... but on the other hand the votes haven't been counted.

We should be davenning for who will be good for Am Yisroel and leave who it is up to Hashem, who can see what is really good for us. It's not for us to daven for one particular candidate - who knows what the future holds?

I'm thinking particularly of a certain candidate in Israeli elections who was promoted with banners saying he was good for the Jews - and turned out not to be so good for us.....

rainbow baby

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 2:19 pm
Why is the media not allowed to report on it Ruchel?

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 2:20 pm
You are right, but then maybe we shouldn't even vote?

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 2:22 pm
You cannot give results before it is all official, no "guessing" before everything is counted. I don't know why, but you can have your magazine/website whatever closed shock

shalhevet

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 2:23 pm
Ruchel wrote:
You are right, but then maybe we shouldn't even vote?

There isn't a ballot paper which says "the best candidate for the Jews" so you have to decide. Tongue Out

But when you daven you can daven like that.

TzenaRena

it's official now.

rainbow baby

Just read this on the BBC website, it seems like Royal has Conceding defeat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wor.....7.stm

rainbow baby

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 2:28 pm
Ruchel wrote:
You cannot give results before it is all official, no "guessing" before everything is counted. I don't know why, but you can have your magazine/website whatever closed shock

We just had local elections on Thursday for our local councils and even before the counting starts the radio and TV stations are doing prediction polls and talking to this politician and this expert and then as the results come in they have more polls, etc... It makes excellent entertainment listening to them saying such rubbish.

Ruchel I'am also curious the polling stations only closed an hour or so again do you have electronic voting or is it just like in the UK pen and paper, because if it is not electronic voting they are very fast counters in France!!!! Wink

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 2:35 pm
Dh says there are about 80 towns that have electronic, the rest is not... most closed 2 hours and a half ago, except those who opened late and closed late because some Arabs attacked them during the night or stole the papers you need to vote for Sarko Rolling Eyes
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics