Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is gender segregation causing girls to crush on girls?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 10:42 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Or she could have taken that scary step, with the girl friend, and decided on going that way in life (being with a woman)
I know a few stories like that. Girls who got very close with other girls, in high school. At least two or three that I remember now consider themselves gay and frum (and one not frum). That happens as well. Not all of the girls who crush on girls, as that is what its being called on the thread, end the relationship and go meet guys and marry. I just wanted to put it back to reality. It does happen the way I wrote above as well.

I am the amother the wrote that. and as a frum girl that is not an option at all.

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 10:47 am
I just read all the posts here ( again) and trying to understand.
are we discussing a sx relationship/ only hugging kissing relationship/or emotional relationship

alll these can be very intense but are very differeent.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 10:49 am
I would think emotional and hugging etc. But it very easily goes further...

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 11:18 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Hey, nice to hear from you. Though your sig line, "but then again, I'm a dragon", might lead people not to take you seriously Tongue Out

But I guess you can flip the question: when the opposite occurs, no segregation in some societies, does that lead to an increase in any type of physical relationships, romantically or physically? Etc.?

Of course. Also, would limited contact be less likely or more likely to lead to intercourse?

I don't know the answers. I do think complete separation is problematic, because you see your potential mate as "other" instead of as another human.

It also could have the opposite effect and make guys more exciting and increase possible inappropriate relationships.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 11:20 am
Unless someone grows up without a parent and siblings of the opposite gender, they shouldn't be these mysterious "others."

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 11:20 am
I've been behind in reading, so last night caught up and read the article.

It seemed to me that the relationship formed based on both girls being needy...the narrator's POV is the only one we get, and she was emotionally needy. I would guess the other girl was also emotionally needy, and likely felt like the leader in the relationship.

I didn't see this as coming from gender separation. Not in this article, anyway.

Growing up in BY schools, though, there certainly were girl-to-girl crushes....there were girls who had crushes on certain teachers, particularly if those teachers were young, dynamic, and pretty. There were girls that had crushes on other girls in their class, especially the class queen.

I guess hormones need outlets.

I think the relationships that went beyond the normal and healthy were few, and generally only where there was emotional neediness.....I can think of one or two girls in high school that may have been like that. Not being the emtionally gushy type myself, it sort of slipped by me without me paying much attention to it.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 11:24 am
Yes, as it says in the article, leas parents were bz and didnt have much time for her.
Although this detail was chnged for privacy the neediness remains the same.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 11:26 am
Also, u not being the type very much could mean u didnt notice it. Ppl go very far and sometimes succeed in hiding it

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 12:38 pm
they don't let pictures of women/girls in frum magazines ... but they let an article about lesbian relationships ?!?!?!

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:01 pm
Greenfire, u just might want to be careful bf u judge since it doesn't seem like u were ever in such situation.
Ure choice of language was hurtful.
Lesbian is by choice. Tried a man liked a lady more.
What were talking abt here is a mistake. Wasnt on purpose. That's a sickness.

And btw binah is a ladies magazine. It does lay around the house by me so im happy there's no pics.

U seem to take the no pics personally. Did something happen?

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:05 pm
ladies.
the article was NOT about lesbian relationship.
it was about emotional connection. deep emotional connection and maybe hugs.
thats all.
correct me if I'm wrong.

mandr

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:07 pm
greenfire wrote:
they don't let pictures of women/girls in frum magazines ... but they let an article about lesbian relationships ?!?!?!

Very Happy Just came across another fuzzed-out girl picture in the local paper and it's not even a costumed girl!

mandr

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:08 pm
Imhappy! wrote:
ladies.
thats all.
correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree. Lesbians aren't that needy as was described in the article. They couldn't live a minute without each other. The second Shabbos was over they'd be talking again. That doesn't seem like a romantic situation going on, more like a severe dependency problem.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:08 pm
Imhappy! wrote:
ladies.
thats all.
correct me if I'm wrong.

deep emotional connection & maybe hugs ... hm I wonder what it might refer to if not bordering on lesbian relationships

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:12 pm
yup. I think that. ppl here on confusing it all .
a relationship can be so many things
I have a relationship with so many ppl on so many different levels. from my dh to my plumber

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:15 pm
greenfire wrote:
deep emotional connection & maybe hugs ... hm I wonder what it might refer to if not bordering on lesbian relationships

I dont know much about lesbian so I might be waay off.
but isnt lesbian having s-xual relationship with another female?

here we are talking about girls that UNDERSTAND each other. they form a deep connection on an emotional/intel. level and yes the hug is there but not a s-xual one.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:21 pm
Imhappy! wrote:
yup. I think that. ppl here on confusing it all .
a relationship can be so many things
I have a relationship with so many ppl on so many different levels. from my dh to my plumber

do you hug your plumber ...

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:23 pm
amother wrote:
I am the amother the wrote that. and as a frum girl that is not an option at all.
My point was that I know some frum females that did end up in full fledged relationships with women. Some stayed frum and others not. Thats all.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:29 pm
amother wrote:
Greenfire, u just might want to be careful bf u judge since it doesn't seem like u were ever in such situation.
Ure choice of language was hurtful.
Lesbian is by choice. Tried a man liked a lady more.
What were talking abt here is a mistake. Wasnt on purpose. That's a sickness.

And btw binah is a ladies magazine. It does lay around the house by me so im happy there's no pics.

U seem to take the no pics personally. Did something happen?

ah you seem to know so much ... including about me & about life ...

lesbian is not a choice - but if one is bi-zexual - then it's a choice which way they prefer in the long run ... quite different

oh & fyi - contrary to your belief - being a lesbian IS NOT AN ILLNESS !!!

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:37 pm
greenfire wrote:
do you hug your plumber ...

no I do not hug my plumber. thanks.

if you read the article u will see it is all about the connection emotionally not physically.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics