Home

Amazing brownies you can cut
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


tigerwife




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 10:02 pm
Oh, Sanguine Sad. May the joy everyone gets from baking her brownies be an Aliyas neshama for her!
Back to top

Frumwithallergies




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 10:19 pm
Thank you for bumping.
I will make these brownies in Sanguine's honour and memory A'H.
Back to top

OutATowner




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 11:01 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Oh, Sanguine Sad. May the joy everyone gets from baking her brownies be an Aliyas neshama for her!

This is the first thing I make every Pesach, and I make several batches. I will make a bracha on one tomorrow with her in mind. Thanks for bumping up.
Back to top

grace413




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 10:19 am
Bumping for this Pesach.

May Sanguine's neshama have an aliyah.
Back to top

grace413




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 3:04 pm
Bumping this again as it disappeared quickly among all the corona posts.
Back to top

etky




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 3:35 pm
So, I finally made Sanguine z'l's brownies.
I couldn't get cake meal this year so for the first time in over 30 years I could not make my mother z"l's Pesach brownies. Sad
These are good and do indeed cut nicely. They are a bit sweet for me though.
Has anybody successfully reduced the sugar in this recipe?
I'm afraid that if I cut the sugar it will compromise the structure of the brownies.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:52 pm
Thanks for bumping!
Back to top

ROFL




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:22 pm
Thank you. May her neshama have an Aliyah
Back to top

asmileaday




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:26 pm
etky wrote:
So, I finally made Sanguine z'l's brownies.
I couldn't get cake meal this year so for the first time in over 30 years I could not make my mother z"l's Pesach brownies. Sad
These are good and do indeed cut nicely. They are a bit sweet for me though.
Has anybody successfully reduced the sugar in this recipe?
I'm afraid that if I cut the sugar it will compromise the structure of the brownies.


Didn't try this specific recipe but I always cut the sugar in cake recipes without a problem. They're always way too sweet for me!
Back to top

WitchKitty




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 1:57 am
Made these for the first time, it is SO good, thanks for bumping it up, everyone keeps on begging for more.
Back to top

etky




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 3:27 am
WitchKitty wrote:
Made these for the first time, it is SO good, thanks for bumping it up, everyone keeps on begging for more.


My kids really loved these brownies.
I'm going to have to make a second batch. Surprised
Back to top

sarahmalka




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 8:57 am
etky wrote:
My kids really loved these brownies.
I'm going to have to make a second batch. Surprised

etky, did you cut the sugar in half and it worked out ok? I'd like to try that.
Back to top

etky




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 9:02 am
sarahmalka wrote:
etky, did you cut the sugar in half and it worked out ok? I'd like to try that.


No. I made another batch cause the first one went really quickly but did not cut the sugar.
I'm not very experienced with potato starch cakes. I do know that they can be fragile and temperamental and I was afraid it would affect the texture.
Got to say that my kids don't mind the full sugar at all Wink
Back to top

grace413




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 2:54 am
Bumping for this year.

For the new Imas Sanguine was a poster here who gave us a lot of laughs and passed away much too young.

She left us this delicious and easy recipe and making it is way to honor her memory and give her neshama an aliya.
Back to top

grace413




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:50 pm
Bump
Back to top

BH Yom Yom




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 2:52 pm
Bumping again because I was looking for this earlier and couldn’t find it till I did a search! One of my favorite Pesach recipes
Back to top

etky




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:49 pm
I just inaugurated my Pesach cooking with Sanguine's brownies.
They're in the oven now.
This year as opposed to last year I do have cake meal (and lots of eggs!!) and I will be"h indeed be making my usual gebrocht brownies next week. But these brownies are perfect for this Shabbat when we can't yet eat any matzo meal cakes.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Recent Topics

Page 5 of 5 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes

Related Topics Replies Last Post
ISO amazing playground 11 Sat, Sep 18 2021, 10:55 pm View last post
by Fave
Cut or Wash & Set in Five Towns
by amother
0 Thu, Sep 09 2021, 5:58 pm View last post
Amazing Yom Tov worthy recipe for Baby Dark Chicken cutlets?
by Mevater
5 Sun, Sep 05 2021, 12:25 am View last post
What cut of meat?
by flmommy
4 Sat, Sep 04 2021, 11:58 pm View last post
Please link to Amazing Kugel recipes that freeze well.
by Mevater
7 Wed, Sep 01 2021, 11:37 am View last post