Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
When kids want to stay home from school...
Previous  1  2  3

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 12:09 pm
GR wrote:
People may think I'm nuts, but I came to the conclusion that probably the only way to give him enough self-confidence to defend himself would be to take self-defense classes. So I'm going to do that.

what FUN - just be careful that he doesn't start beating the other boys up Wink

Pickle Lady

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 12:50 pm
GR wrote:
People may think I'm nuts, but I came to the conclusion that probably the only way to give him enough self-confidence to defend himself would be to take self-defense classes. So I'm going to do that.

WHAT!!!! this is what a jewish mother has to do for thier jewish son in yeshiva. What kind wild animals our going to our kids schools? I thought violence should never be tolerated and now a mother is teaching her 3 year old to to beat up other kids. That just sad.

GR I know that you are a great mom but its really sad that your family has been put in this situation.

I thought that being frum had some sort of meaning for the chinuch for our kids.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 12:54 pm
taking self-defense classed doesn't really mean beating others up pickle ... it means knowing what to do to defend oneself ... and it is very important for this child's future to not allow others to bully him ... no different really than girls taking self-defense classes so they can handle themselves in the street ... my girls have taken a few ...

gryp

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:23 pm
Mendel was punched in the face today in school.
And he said someone ruined his kite he made.

shayna82

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:26 pm
WHAT??????????????/ IS HE OKAY?

is this the 3 year old, how did it happen?

gryp

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:30 pm
now it's 2 days in a row.

a kid in his class, another 3 yr old, ame over to him and bam, punched him. just like that.

shayna82

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:37 pm
that is just horrible. I cant imagine that happeningin my 3 year old's class.is the kid generally an agressive kid like that?

Pickle Lady

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:40 pm
What do the teachers say about this? This is really upseting. this shouldn't happen. I thought yeachivas have standards. I guess not

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 5:07 pm
I am getting pissed off ... GR do something!!!!

iamawife

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 5:13 pm
please do something if not for u atleast for u're sons sake poor child

gryp

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 5:19 pm
What should I do? I have the weekend to think about it, and in the meantime we're doing lots of role playing, hoping it will give him the confidence to look tough on the playground and no one will start up with him.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 5:27 pm
you need to find out who is doing this and the principal the teacher and their parents ... if not I am coming over to do it for you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Apr 28 2007, 9:49 pm
greenfire wrote:
you need to find out who is doing this and the principal the teacher and their parents ... if not I am coming over to do it for you !!!!!!!!!!!!

I also think you should go straight to the teacher and principal. This should not be tolerated.

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 12:08 am
I am not tolerating this obviously.

I don't blame the teachers for that punch he got. They kept an extra close watch on him on Friday, and just at dismissal time when they were busy packing everyone up, the bully of the class went over to Mendel and punched him under his eye. The teachers feel absolutely terrible. That kid who punched him is a case for the books, he's probably beaten at home or something. He bothers my Mendel at any chance he could. He has never been violent until this punch, but I'm not putting up with him anymore. I am going to insist that he be punished from now on for what he does.

The two kids who attacked Mendel on Thursday are going to be found on Monday and be made to apologize.

We drilled Mendel over Shabbos, that anyone who comes to bother him, he should jump up and punch him. I hope he does. Otherwise, it's self-defense classes for him.
Or maybe we'll do it anyway.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers