Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What are the chaseedishe ladies buying?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 9:52 am
im not understanding what you said???

gryp

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 9:55 am
This thread is the virtual version of "let me see what's in your bags." Rolling Eyes

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:02 am
Is that a game, GR? Surprised
or just what people who are being nosy ask?

I do think there is what to learn from women who know how to be selective even in these stores with the huge selections, they will ONLY buy something that's up to their higher standard of tznius. They aren't even tempted to try the non-tznius clothes; they're simply off limits .

Last edited by TzenaRena on Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

gryp

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:08 am
not a game. just typical of the kind of people that need to know what's in other people's shopping bags.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:13 am
Wow!!!!

Has Imamother turned into the official "let's bash people we don't understand" site?

OMG I must say I'm so disappointed.

Discussions here used to be of the intelligent variety.

Crying

(just as an aside victoria's secret stuff can be used for a mitzvah too-oh, you must've not thought of that. ok. Rolling Eyes )

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:20 am
so ... I betcha that anything that they or we are actually buying that we don't want YOU to know about ... is done through the mail Wink Nervous Twisted Evil embarrassed Shooting Arrow Rolling Laughter

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 12:37 pm
Blossom she probably doesn't mean you.
She means REAL CHASEEDISHA

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 12:44 pm
mIGHT BE, but whenver I mentiono V.S., I automaticaly get called up on the carpet !!!!!

bashinda

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 12:55 pm
amother wrote:

What's "REAL CHASEEDISHA?"

For instance, is Lubavitch "FAKE CHASEEDISHA"?

Blossom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:00 pm
Quote:

Umm.. Excuse me. But I consider myself a REAL Chasidishe woman if you please.
In case you didn't realize there are many kinds of Chassedishe women out there and many of them dress like me. There are those that wear double head gear and suits and kol Hakovod to them but doesn't make them more Chaseedish than me with my top and skirts and custom shaitel.

Blossom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:01 pm
Thanks Bashinda, you said it better than me.

Blossom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:05 pm
Quote:
When you see Chaseedishe ladies with shopping bags from Manhattan department stores - what are they buying?

They dress a certain way and that way is not what the stores are selling, or are they? Are they buying accessories - pocketbooks etc.?

What do they find in department stores that they don't find in their own neighborhoods?

Please enlighten me, thanks!

Amother I have the greatest idea!! Why not go over next time you see a Chaseedishe lady with a bag and ask her if you can take a peak? Tongue Out

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:08 pm
careful now - some probably will have what we jews call CHUTZPA and actually ask ... Nervous

Blossom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:12 pm
Quote:
careful now - some probably will have what we jews call CHUTZPA and actually ask ...
Nervous

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

BTW, in case I never told you Greenfire you are one of the funniest posters on this site. Thanks for adding so much spice here.

creativemommyto3

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:28 pm
If you ask me , I like chassidish women. I think I could learn a lot from them on how to be a wife and mother. Not that I can't from litvish. I just like the taam of a yiddeshe mamma I just thought that they have special chassidish clothing, like seamed stockings etc.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:32 pm
Blossom wrote:
Quote:
careful now - some probably will have what we jews call CHUTZPA and actually ask ...
Nervous

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

BTW, in case I never told you Greenfire you are one of the funniest posters on this site. Thanks for adding so much spice here.

thank you blossom - an avid fan ... and here I thought it was getting to be too much here ... thanks Mr. Green

Blossom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:40 pm
Quote:
thank you blossom - an avid fan ... and here I thought it was getting to be too much here ... thanks
Mr. Green

I'm an avid fan alright. I just wish you'd take care of those teeth of yours. Wink

Quote:
I just like the taam of a yiddeshe mamma I just thought that they have special chassidish clothing, like seamed stockings etc.

Arita I thought I'd clarify it for you. Seams is something that belongs to a certain Chassidus only. (Satmar mostly).

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:46 pm
Blossom wrote:
Quote:
thank you blossom - an avid fan ... and here I thought it was getting to be too much here ... thanks
Mr. Green

I'm an avid fan alright. I just wish you'd take care of those teeth of yours. Wink

Quote:
I just like the taam of a yiddeshe mamma I just thought that they have special chassidish clothing, like seamed stockings etc.

Arita I thought I'd clarify it for you. Seams is something that belongs to a certain Chassidus only. (Satmar mostly).

blossom actually my teeth are really that BIG ...

fyi ... seemed stocking are actually a style rather known (aside from the chasidishe garb) to be rather a sensual style on women ... so ... just fyi

creativemommyto3

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:50 pm
Then what makes chassidish dress different from litvish dress. aside from the sphitzel?? did I get that right?

Blossom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 2:34 pm
Quote:
Then what makes chassidish dress different from litvish dress. aside from the sphitzel?? did I get that right?

Well,there are those that wear double head-coverings. Or only suits or thicker stockings etc. And then there are those that as you say don't really differ in dress than litvish women. And there are many types in between. Like shorter length shaitels, or no ankle length skirts, etc. So I guess there are all types of Chasidishe women out there.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics