Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What are the chaseedishe ladies buying?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

chen

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:12 pm
Blossom wrote:
I guess there are all types of Chasidishe women out there.

Just as there are all kinds of litvish women. neither one is a monolith. And for clarification, "litvish" is not the opposite of "chassidish" any more than "strawberry ice cream" is the opposite of "Vanilla ice cream". They are both different flavors of yahadus, just two out of the many that include yekkes and Spanish-Portuguese and eidos hamizrach and that other European group --Oberlanders, I think. Probably many more I never heard of who would be outraged to be labeled litvish.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:13 pm
Chen, that flavor analogy is colorful and interesting!

creativemommyto3

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:42 pm
I am not making fun. I am just curious b/c it seems that chassidish ppl are very different from litvish.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:58 pm
yes..........and no.

Blossom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 4:45 pm
Quote:
ust as there are all kinds of litvish women.

Of course. Even between my very own Litvish cousins there is a world of a difference. It's just that we were discussing Chassidishe women.
I liked your ice cream anology. I actually like anything with ice cream even if it's just at anology Wink . (I'm anyway Fleishig now. I had to taste dinner, you know.)

S.Shcwartz

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:40 pm
What's wrong with victoria's secret? Best fitting bras on earth! and pretty!!!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:47 pm
Definitely NOT best fitting. At least in my experience.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:57 pm
WHATS A DIFFERENCE WHAT ANYBODY BUYS

I THINK THIS IS THE STUPIDEST POST ON IMAMOTHER

WHAT DO YOU CARE WHAT CHASEEDISHE PEOPLE BUY JUST LOOK AT YOURSELF.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:14 pm
Spoken by a ..............

mimivan

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:25 pm
Just one word to all the kvetching amothers out there. It is okay to disagree! We aren't going to put you in jail! Why do you have to be anon!! You have nothing to lose but your masks LOL LOL LOL

Okay, now I got that out of my system...
I find clothing in frum stores overpriced and sometimes of not great a quality. On the very rare occasions I do go shopping, I go to "regular" stores, and although it is extremely hard sometimes to find skirts without a slit, it is fun to get out and be in a department store. It is possible to find very tzniusdike things (skirts are always a problem Mad ) but there are always so many other things to wear, you know...

I wish I had the courage to go in to Victoria's Secret. I like their wintertime pjs and bras.

I live in Israel, and don't shop here...Mom sends me stuff. When I go to NY, I like to hit Macy's. Once my husband took me to pick out stuff and the salespeople seemed to think it was really cute to see a chassidishe guy picking things out for his wife. He kept piling up things: "try this on! Try a that on!" and the non-Jewish sales lady was like shock

Those were the days!

Rolling Laughter

Last edited by mimivan on Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:28 pm
Just go to the VS website, all the best deals are online anyways.

chen

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:32 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Chen, that flavor analogy is colorful and interesting!

why, thank you! I always think in terms of food first...unfortunately.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:35 pm
mimivan ... sounds cute you and hubby shopping ...

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:47 pm
by the way chasidish people dress very well. They buy the most expensive clothing and are always in the expensive stores. If you look in boro park all of the nice jewelery stores and funiture stores are owned by chassidim. They have the best tatste.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 9:47 pm
Minivan, I'd gladly send you wahatever you wanted from VS.

P.S. I've seen Chassidsiche ppl in TARGET so take the last amother's comments with a grain of salt . . . . .anyway, who says expensive, being well dressed or wearing jewelry is our goal?

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 9:52 pm
like the above amother said, chassidishe women do dress very well. I have friends who are constantly shopping for metziahs, and find them-somehow or another. Lord & Taylor's, Loehmann's, H&M, etc

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:10 pm
So they wear dressy clothes. So what?

I wouldn't want a "suit look" or "dressy silk blouse look" all week, do you?

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:12 pm
We once passed a VS store while travelling in my husband's van. It was at night and the store window was very well lit, and the mannequins were very well....endowed.....and not very much.....dressed, and they were wearing....very, very s-xy stuff, and my son with Down syndrome noticed and he started yelling, "Pigs, oh look at those pigs! Uch! They're disgusting!" and the more I told him to avert his eyes from there cuz it wasn't tznius to look, the more he looked and yelled how 'chazerish' those dummies were!! Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:16 pm
If you ever go to Woodbury you will see the chassidim shopping in all the expensive stores. They are in Ferragamo and Burberry and all of the others.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:17 pm
Time and a place for everything !!!!! Even lingerie!!!

There's just so much you can tell a little boy, but in Jewish history women DID make themselves attractive - what about the mirror story? And the Mitzrim?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics