Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
We're in very dire straits. Need help to figure things out.
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Sarah f

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 4:20 pm
I have a neighbour who makes home cooked food fo people, not caterer fancy just wholesome tasty food, she uses her own kitchen and people know her and trust her kashrus, if you enjoy the kitchen try something like that? Some people approach companies and offer to keep the big machers linkedin accounts refreshed with up to date info interesting articles etc, they charge a flat rate and can work from home, bookkeeping, or become a personal organizer who comes in and sorts peoples life and mess out.

anonimouse

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 4:41 pm
What about transcription? It's a skill, but it's not hard to learn if you have the knack for it. You can take as much or as little work as you can handle then.

Also- translating, secretarial work- these are things that can be done from home.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 4:48 pm
anonimouse wrote:
What about transcription? It's a skill, but it's not hard to learn if you have the knack for it. You can take as much or as little work as you can handle then.

Also- translating, secretarial work- these are things that can be done from home.
I have been told, by other women who do transcribing, that it is not worth the money you make, that they make pennies.
Translating only works if you know another language well enough. I dont.
I already mentioned secretarial jobs above. I have tried to get so many just such jobs. It happened so not offen Sad

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 4:54 pm
amother wrote:
I have been told, by other women who do transcribing, that it is not worth the money you make, that they make pennies.
Translating only works if you know another language well enough. I dont.
I already mentioned secretarial jobs above. I have tried to get so many just such jobs. It happened so not offen Sad

It might be worth looking into the transcribing anyways- from what I understand, how much you make depends on how fast you are- you should be able to get faster as you go along.

There are a lot of people who manage to make a career out of it, so don't let women who weren't successful keep you from trying it, at least. (I'm actually trying this out myself, because we're also in dire straits right now)

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 10:13 pm
Hi
Please excuse my bluntness I'm ibly trying to help-
I feel like you're looking for excuses for every idea we are giving u
If you need money shouldn't you take any job???

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 10:54 pm
syrima wrote:
contact the local mikva and see if you can help out some nights or weekends as a mikva lady.
it requires minimal training, and you can get tips.

People tip the mikvah ladies?

d l

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 11:14 pm
I'm sorry to hear about your financial situation. That must be so stressful.

What about babysitting?

Or an assistant in a daycare or preschool?

data entry job?

Good luck!!

justforfun87

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 12:49 am
I have to agree with the poster above. It seems like you are making an excuse for just about every job that someone proposes. You need the money, you do whatever you need to in order to get an honest wage. Retail, secretary, toll collector. Search out those jobs posted and apply. People who can barely speak find employment. Have a yes attitude and I am sure you will find something. Good luck!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 1:10 am
amother wrote:
People tip the mikvah ladies?
in some mikvaos yes, in others its unacceptable to tip.

citimom

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 7:00 am
Where I live, babysitters make a lot. maybe just for now at least babysit in your home or theirs. At least it's something.

Sarah f

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 8:59 am
I do believe that mikva ladies actually get paid for doing it! Thats why you gotta pay to dip?!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 1:05 pm
All cultural.
Some countries pay, others don't. Some require a training, others don't. I have never heard of tipping the ml (sorry, just being honest). The pay is because of the huuuuge cost of maintaining, cleaning, and paying off the debt over such a building.

Sell kissuis and stuff? if it's a richer com, what about selling nice accessories? buy in bulk.
Make up course. Reflexology course. There are short ones still allowing you to work
Home gan. "female companion" for an old person (is my dictionary right? ).

amother

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:13 am
d l wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your financial situation. That must be so stressful.

What about babysitting?

Or an assistant in a daycare or preschool?

data entry job?

Good luck!!
Im the OP. In terms of jobs like data entry jobs, I look at relevant websites daily to find jobs such as that or secretarial jobs and I send my CV and never get any responses, so it is not so easy to just find a job. I have been trying for a while.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:14 am
justforfun87 wrote:
I have to agree with the poster above. It seems like you are making an excuse for just about every job that someone proposes. You need the money, you do whatever you need to in order to get an honest wage. Retail, secretary, toll collector. Search out those jobs posted and apply. People who can barely speak find employment. Have a yes attitude and I am sure you will find something. Good luck!
As I wrote above, I have applied to many jobs and have gotten not a one response at all.
So, what then do you say?

(interesting idea toll collector, but where I live, not america, there are no toll roads)

amother

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:17 am
Sarah f wrote:
I do believe that mikva ladies actually get paid for doing it! Thats why you gotta pay to dip?!
Maybe thats why some mikvaot charge to dip. The mikvah where I dip does not have enough traffic for this to be any kind of real payment for the ML. Lets say, at most, 6 women a night, and not always. And its about $8 for a dunk. Thats not much a month, if you think about it.
Nope, by us, the money is for the upkeep of the mikvah.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:20 am
Re-do your CV.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:42 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Re-do your CV.
how? Or with what? Nothing is different.

nyer1

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:53 am
amother wrote:
Cashier sounds ok. Im a very shy person so I always worry that this will be extremely hard for me and that I will just get fired for not doing the job correctly.

Mashgiach actually sounds good. Im not in america so no star K here, but this is not a bad idea. Do you have any idea about the pay of a mashgiach? Or is it bubkis?

"bubkis"?
if you are desperate to find a job, even bubkis is better than not having anything at all. it's a starting point. be open minded and plenty of things will come your way

rkade10

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:56 am
When submitting CVs, at least in America, your cover letter is often just as important (or more important than) your actual CV. Your cover letter is where you make the case for why you should be hired over 30 other applicants with the same work experience. Maybe instead of focusing on fixing up your CV (and it can be done even without new experience - formatting, choosing the right words to describe your experience, etc.) you could ask a friend or family member for help in making your cover letter stand out and make the case for hiring you

edited to clarify

Last edited by rkade10 on Tue, Jun 24 2014, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:58 am
nyer1 wrote:
"bubkis"?
if you are desperate to find a job, even bubkis is better than not having anything at all. it's a starting point. be open minded and plenty of things will come your way
when I say bubkis I just mean that if I have to pay for babysitting when working, I would need to make more than just that amount. Does that make more sense?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics