Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
DOUBLE JOGGER STROLLERS- which do YOU have/are you happy?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

queen

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:13 am
thanks dr P
checked the site but for$50 difference I'd rather get the BJ with separate awnings that cover adequately..... 8)

yedidya's mom

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 10:11 am
one thing to think about it can your toddler reach the baby next to him. right now my son is going through a pulling hair phase so I cant imagine having him in a side by side with my daughter cause he would really hurt her...(I have a phil and teds btw)

zkalan

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 10:32 am
Try Craigslist.com, my friend got her Mount Buggy there for $300, used but in a good condition.

cip

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 8:05 pm
Quote:
cip wrote:
another option: phil and teds twin (a side by side - not the 2 level one).
29" wide. 2 swivel front wheel. lies flat for newborn. folds a drop smaller than b.j. but bigger than m.b. . easy fold. air tires but no shocks. if you buy on sale it is cheaper than the other three. can buy added padding that goes in washing machine. otherwise fabric washes by hand. I just got mine so I can't say yet if it's great or not but you can ask me specific questions and I'll try to answer.

CIP- If you don't mind my asking- what made you go with this vs. the other joggers?

price. I paid $409 on a sale. but you can get b.j. for 500 in some stores (2007 model). I would have got b.j. but this was slightly narrower and cheaper. (but the seats are not padded.)

queen

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 4:51 am
cip wrote:
but you can get b.j. for 500 in some stores (2007 model). I would have got b.j. but this was slightly narrower and cheaper. (but the seats are not padded.)

That's what I'm trying to do now---- find it on line for cheaper..... so far no luck Sad . Everything is coming up as full price (with no S/H)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 8:34 am
http://littlefolks.stores.yaho......html
Doesn't say what year it is though.

queen

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 9:38 am
THANK YOU H'Yaazor!
I'm going to try and get in touch with the co. you linked me to in order to check which model they are selling.

This morning a friend told me about a "Jane"http://littlefolks.stores.yaho......html

Has anyone experience with these? They are front/back joggers.
Never saw one in person and wondering if they push as well as side by side?

yersp

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 9:42 am
I have the baby jogger and I really love it! I also had a choice between this, valco and the mountain buggy. Lucky me, one friend had the valco and the other the mountain buggy and I still like the baby jogger the best!! The valco I felt was very klutzy and the mountain buggy was just plain hard to maneuver around.
Good Luck with your search!

CAYA

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 9:47 am
a new one just came out, a very cute one! it looks like the bugaboo in a twin, im not sure how its called but u can view it online, google-city twin

queen

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 9:48 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
http://littlefolks.stores.yahoo.net/bajodotwcise.html
Doesn't say what year it is though.

I just spoke to store (sounded like a frum man on other end Smile ) who said it was the 2007a model. The diff. b/w 2007a and the 2nd model of the year is the extended canopy.

Man said the 2007a canopy was still good, and you save $$$. He was selling the 2007a for $488.

I'm still going to go back to the local baby store to take a look at the actual model 2007b that he carries. Than once I've found a good price, I'll either ask him to match or order from the cheaper place.

but all this said.... nothing is being ordered until bezH after the birth.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 10:50 am
(The local baby store by you advertises he'll meet any price. If that's the case, you can order it from him and pick it up IY"H after the baby is born.)
I think the Jane only has one wheel in front, and I thought you were trying to avoid that Confused

The city twin is by first wheels I think, and only1 just got the single of that I think Very Happy
It's heavy for a non-jogging stroller, and bulky as well. So if you're going to spend that much, I don't know too much advantage of it over a jogger (the bassinet is an added piece, and I think you can get that with some joggers.)

queen

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 12:47 pm
I don't think my husband (or myself) would feel comfortable ordering it before I give birth.... and it might take too long for delivery from the local store were we to only order after I give birth.

Pending locat store can get it in w/o a long delay, we'd be more than happy to give him the business, as we have in the past.

My husband just asked that I do my homework and let him know exactly which kind (and color Very Happy ) I want, that he'll know how to move on it when needed.

H'Yaazor- the end of your post sounds as if you think I'm buying a non jogger???? The Baby Jogger- City series IS a jogger.
Not sure what you were referring to?

yoyosma

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 12:48 pm
I highly doubt anyone would meet the price of an older model. As newer models come out, the old ones go on sale!
I agree with HashemYaazor, the double City Twin is too big, heavy and bulky (and pricey!!) for your needs, you may as well get a Mountain Buggy which gives you the option of one bassinet and one regular seat. The Baby Jogger is coming out with an optional car seat adaptor for their double, but I dont know when.
PM me for any additional info, you know I have it!

yoyosma

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 12:49 pm
Queen, the city twin and the city series are two different strollers.
http://www.firstwheels.nl/en/city_twin/

Last edited by yoyosma on Thu, May 10 2007, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

queen

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 12:51 pm
yoyosma PM'd me the following about the Jane Stroller double.
(putting it up to help other clueless ppl like me)

Quote:
Ive seen them in person and they are really small, as in tightly packed. There is no foot rest for the child up front, so the feet dangle and could very easily catch onto the wheel.
It is too new to try, in my opinion. Also, someone I know who has one said that it tips to the side, she doesnt find it very stable when pushing.

queen

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 12:53 pm
yoyosma wrote:
I highly doubt anyone would meet the price of an older model. As newer models come out, the old ones go on sale!

I'd rather go with the latest model- Baby Jogger 2007b as the awning is 3 panel/longer than previous 2007 model. For the $70 diff. I will be happier in the long run, especially with a newborn under the hot sun bezH.

queen

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 12:55 pm
yoyosma wrote:
Queen, the city twin and the city series are two different strollers.
http://www.firstwheels.nl/en/city_twin/

How much do these city twin's run.
I'm not interested in buying them... but curious.

(checked site but didn't have any stores listed in the USA)

yoyosma

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 1:07 pm
For those considering a Baby Jogger, I would take a look at this:
http://www.orsdirect.com/baby-......html
You can also look for the double as it is on sale as well.

nana18

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 12:52 am
I have very tall children and was wondering if the mountain buggy would be ok for them. From what I understand, the valco has lots of mixed reviews and is not worth going into. The mb seems to be the best quality and whoever has it seems happy with it. I just don't know if its good for tall parents and kids. I still don't have a clear idea about the baby jogger - what is the quality like, how does it compare to the mb...can someone please clarify

yoyosma

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 8:03 am
Quote:
It is also very TALL so if you have taller children and you are worried about kids growing and hitting the sun shade, the BJ is the one for you. Its also a taller STROLLER, so if you and DH are tall, you wont be bending over as you push.

nana, I already answered your question above thread.
MB's are not known to be the tallest joggers, in fact a lot of the complaints they got were that babies who rode in them hit the sun shade very early on. They did extend it and make it taller for 2006 but not enough. If you are tall, I would say a BJ is for you.
PM for more specific reasons that I do not care to share publicly.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics