Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Daughter walking down the aisle-dress
Previous  1  2

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 3:47 pm
Did you google " flower girls dresses"? We ended up renting little girls gowns but the sites for flower girl dresses had some with short sleeves. Also, I know a family who bought white dresses that little girls wear to church but put some colored ribbon sashes at the waist. It looked beautiful and did not look like church dresses. You can also sew or have dresses made.

bandcm

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 9:55 pm
I had a cream sleevelss dress for my one year old at my SIL's wedding, and I bought a gorgeous bolero in the same colour from Children's Place, with fur round the collar and everything - gorgeous. I think it cost 8 dollars! They may still have them - it was few months ago.

greenfire

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 10:12 pm
Raisin wrote:
Quote:
I personally find that there are so many dresses out there ... why not find something with sleeves ... little bubble sleeves and big bow are more feminine than a sleeveless dress in my opinion and covering up something seems less dressy ... but this is just my personal taste - not even having to do with tznius

I wish it was true - I am trying to look now for a dress for dd's and neices to wear. They just do not sell that type of dress with sleeves. Unless it is a winter dress - ie velvet. Unless you have frum shops near you, which I don't.

im sorry - truth to be told ... it is hard to give full advice without actually seeing it ... if you are happy with it and dd looks good ... that is all that matters

amother

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 2:10 pm
OP- My sister-in-law actually found a sweater that matches beautifully at Children's Place( as RivkaBatya had mentionned to check). The color and ribbon match perfectly to the dress. Thank you all for you insights into the matter.

Now if only I can find a dress as easily Very Happy

mumsy23

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 2:21 pm
su7kids wrote:

I just feel its a chinuch issue.

According to many authorities chinuch doesn't come into play until around age 3. At two, you are not being mechanech a child anymore if she is wearing no sleeves or short sleeves. She doesn't know or care about the difference.

su7kids

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 2:32 pm
I feel that you cannot suddenly expect a child to conform at age 3 when you haven't requested it, or shown them until then.

I have seen so many peole who have not put kippot on their boys' heads and wondered why, the minute he has he hair cut he isn't running to put it on. Eventually it does happen, apparently, but, for me, I prefer to do things at the beginning the way I intend to continue.

Tznius has never been a problem with my girls, even though they're "older" now.

I may let them hang out as a baby in a diaper and undershirt, but I don't think I'd take them out in public like that.

its ust me

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 2:50 pm
When do you start the kipa? do you do it progressively?
what do you do when it's very hot outside? (for a girl) diaper + body + dress ?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics