Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How often do you change your linen on bed
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 7:08 pm
master bedroom - every 2 wks (by cleaning lady)

kids beds ... when the linen gets soiled - or every other month if it looks clean till then. If someone was sick I take off their pillow case and wash and usually once I take off 1 pillow case, I'll just pull off a few more. (hope no one can figure out who I really am!! embarrassed )

If I had a lot of cleaning help then as a previous poster mentioned ... it would be real nice to have fresh linen put on for all beds for shabbos!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 7:11 pm
I try to do it every 3-4 weeks Nerd

BrachaBatya

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 7:23 pm
Every Wednesday.

proudmother1

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 7:34 pm
amother wrote:
Don't be embarrassed. don't let other people shame you. None of us are perfect, we all have flaws. You and I, we have similar flaws. I'd imagine that you, like me, try every day to be tidier. I fail on a daily basis, but the thought it there. fist-bumping to you, amother, there are far worse things than this.

THIS.
And what is the point of this thread. Now that there is another one today, how often to you change your PJ's, I wonder what is next...Maybe
How often do you change your panties?
I wonder what the newcomers think they stumbled upon.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 7:57 pm
Quote:
Once a week as long as there's a cleaning lady to do it (which there had been for years). Probably once a month if I had to do it.

This. I wonder ,all those who do it once a week, how many have cleaning help who do it for them? If I would have help I would also "do" it once a week. Since I don't, it gets changed every 2-4 weeks.

I would like to know how many women change it by themselves, full set of sheets- pillows- duvet covers, for 10 beds every single week?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 8:02 pm
proudmother1 wrote:
THIS.
And what is the point of this thread. Now that there is another one today, how often to you change your PJ's, I wonder what is next...Maybe
How often do you change your panties?
I wonder what the newcomers think they stumbled upon.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....rt=20

LOL Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 8:02 pm
Once a month or so. I keep track by nida cycles lol. It's usually changed at some point or another between visits. When I was pregnant I think I once went upwards of three months but it wasn't as bad as it sounds because we slept together and switched beds/linnen back and forth.

In terms of having cleaning help do it--I don't have regular cleaning help but honestly I wouldn't feel comfortable having them change my linen. I'd feel kind of gross about that actually. I'd rather change it myself and not have them touch my bedding. I feel the same about cleaning help folding laundry or washing dishes. I get help for bathroom and floor cleaning only for the most part.

bookworm10

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 8:07 pm
Once a week. I now have cleaning help that does it for me, but even when I did not I did it once a week. I thought every two weeks was fine, but my husband is used to it being changed every three days.. seriously.

Now I love it and can't go past 7 days without changing. I love clean sheets. Yum!

And I change my kids linen at least once a week, but sooner if a spill happens. I also wash their blankets and pillows and blankies etc every week.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 8:21 pm
On the day of mikvah. kids linen once or twice a week because they get dirty.

Our linen doesn't get dirty. It's just not as fresh. Pillowcases I sometimes do more often.

I'm a SAHM with two toddlers; exhausted as is with no cleaning help, and I find putting the linen back on extremely exhausting. I usually wash linen and put the same set right back on. Change sets 2-3 times a year for a fresh look.

Anonymous so you won't figure out that I have a mikvah night when I'm washing my linen Very Happy

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 8:26 pm
amother wrote:
Once a month or so. I keep track by nida cycles lol. It's usually changed at some point or another between visits. When I was pregnant I think I once went upwards of three months but it wasn't as bad as it sounds because we slept together and switched beds/linnen back and forth.

In terms of having cleaning help do it--I don't have regular cleaning help but honestly I wouldn't feel comfortable having them change my linen. I'd feel kind of gross about that actually. I'd rather change it myself and not have them touch my bedding. I feel the same about cleaning help folding laundry or washing dishes. I get help for bathroom and floor cleaning only for the most part.

My housekeeper is cleaner than I am (and probably cleaner than you, based on your post LOL )

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 9:58 pm
busymom wrote:
Scrabble123, so the clean sheets that touch the single-use clean pjs are removed after one use?

One question: Do they change these linens daily themselves, or they have cleaning help who does it?

When we were little kids, our cleaning help did it. As we got older, we stripped it and put another set back on as part of our chore of making our beds in them morning. Now my parents do it themselves except for the days cleaning help comes. I said it was a little obsessive, but if it makes them feel good, then what do I care? Just like someone is entitled to clean their linen much less often...

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:10 pm
I change our linen usually twice a month- when I become nidda and we separate the beds I change the linen, and the day of mikvah.

kids- Friday morning I strip kids beds, sometimes I'll skip the older ones if it looks clean.

henny1

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 12:39 am
Once in 2 weeks

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 12:48 am
Once a week.
I love the feel and smell of clean linen.

But, dh does it, it is one of his jobs. While I clear up the kitchen motzei shabbos, just part of our routine, which makes it easier.

And there are lots of things I don't get round to, like tidying up papers in the study etc.
And most other cleaning gets done by a paid cleaner.
So it isn't much to be proud of.

Raisin

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 1:59 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
I change mine once a week, sometimes twice a week.

My parents change their bed linens daily. They believe that since bed linens are similar to towels and pajamas that you put on and/or use only when you are clean (and are washed after every use), that sheets and duvet covers should be the same. It may be a little over the top, but it's their decision.

do they have household help?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:10 am
If you wash your linen sooooo often, your linen can look like a shmata very soon!

invisiblecircus

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:24 am
I change it once a week before Shabbat. Very occasionally, if I'm running very late or am sick, I'll leave it on for 10 days and change it on a Monday instead of a Friday.

We have a matress protector, sheet, duvet, pillow protectors and pillow cases. The matress protector and pillow protectors get changed less frequently, I don't really have a schedule for them but I usually put them in the wash with the White linens.

In the winter I sometimes put a blanket over my duvet. That doesn't get washed weekly. Usually once or twice the Whole winter, if that (unless it gets dirty.)

My toddler's linen gets washed once a week too unless it gets dirty before (which it often does.)

Baby's linen gets changed whenever it needs, maybe three times a week.

I'm a SAHM with a toddler and a baby, no cleaning help and no drier or outside space to dry laundry.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:20 am
Every 2 weeks (or sooner as needed).

I have one child that soaks through overnight pullups so we change his linen almost daily.

I used to really hate changing linen. Then I timed myself actually changing the linen on one bed and it took much shorter than the amount of time I was dreading it. That changed my attitude a bit (we are a family of 6)

happybeingamom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:26 am
Large family with minimal household cleaning help.

I have my teenagers and older change their own linen. They are quite capable and I am not their servant.

If I had a lot of cleaning help I would like to do it once week so the aim is once every two weeks.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 6:13 am
The cleaning lady does it on the 1st of every month so I can keep track. We shower every night so we are clean when go to bed. The kids linen gets changed more often about every two weeks.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics