Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Who is your favorite living rabbi?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

livinginisrael

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 11:23 pm
I like listening to rabbi fishel shachter. Also rabbi mzrahi

black sheep

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 11:40 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Mine is Rabbi Dr Lord Sir Jonathan Sacks. I really learn a lot from him and get his emails.

He is great. He had an article in the wall street journal this week, did you see it?

Ashrei

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 11:58 pm
I'll see your rabbi wallerstein and raise you rabbi Akiva Tatz.

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:17 am
r gamliel rabanovich from geula

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:20 am
Rabbi shteinmen. He is very honest, caring and extremely smart.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:26 am
does it have to be someone famous? My favorite rabbi is still a teacher who I had in high school who still 18 years later I still have a kesher with him. (But not going to write his name or I will completely out myself to anyone who thinks they may know me Wink )

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:32 am
Rabbi Judy

ImaCohen4

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:56 am
Rabbi Steinsaltz

Famous quote
“The Talmud is not a divine gift given to people. The Jewish people created it. But on the other hand, it created the Jewish people. In so many ways, we’re Talmudic Jews, whether we believe in it or not.”

Steinsaltz.org

(Edited to add famous quote and web address as op later additionally added to her post)

Last edited by ImaCohen4 on Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 3:10 am
Google

Happy Momma

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 3:22 am
I have a few, but def one of them is Rabbi Emanuel Feldman. His books are really thought-provoking and he's not afraid to tackle even the most debated issues. Also R' Ahron Feldman shlit"a of Ner Israel (they are brothers) wrote The Eye of the Storm (among other titles), which discusses many complicated current issues through a Torah lens.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 4:39 am

champion

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 8:11 am
Rav Kav.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:00 am
southernbubby wrote:
Mine is Rabbi Dr Lord Sir Jonathan Sacks. I really learn a lot from him and get his emails.

A minor point, but you don't use Lord and Dr together. So his official title should be Rabbi Lord.
His previous title used to be Chief Rabbi Dr, but he's no longer Chief Rabbi and he got subsequently knighted (hence Lord replacing Dr).

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:02 am
DH, of course!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:30 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
A minor point, but you don't use Lord and Dr together. So his official title should be Rabbi Lord.
His previous title used to be Chief Rabbi Dr, but he's no longer Chief Rabbi and he got subsequently knighted (hence Lord replacing Dr).

wow, thanks for pointing that out. I am impressed with all of his titles.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:31 am
black sheep wrote:
He is great. He had an article in the wall street journal this week, did you see it?

I think it was on FB about the Holocaust, right? could you post a link?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:34 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
does it have to be someone famous? My favorite rabbi is still a teacher who I had in high school who still 18 years later I still have a kesher with him. (But not going to write his name or I will completely out myself to anyone who thinks they may know me Wink )

No, I am the op but I did not specify that it had to be someone famous. It could be someone's LOR. I think that it is wonderful that people have a personal connection to a rabbi, rebbitzen or teacher.

BTW, if any of your favorite rabbis have websites or they email words of wisdom, try to provide that info for those of us who want to benefit.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:00 am
chani8 wrote:
Rabbi Judy

is she any relation to judge judy ?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 11:27 am
I really like this thread. Rabbi Reisman (whom an imamother reader would think is my favorite Rabbi but there are b"H too many to choose from) has spoken about the importance of aseh lecha rav, but also the value of finding a mehalech in the writings of good people, even if one doesn't or can't maintain an IRL relationship.
I am a huge Rabbi Grossman fan. When I saw him on the video that's come out yearly around Rochel Imeinu's yahrtzeit featuring Rebbetzin Jaeger and Rebbetzin Heller, I was so incredibly moved.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:59 pm
Fav how?
Most interesting?
Most relatable?
The one that gave me my best heterim? Wink

I like to "take advantage" when I meet those very old, Shoah survivor rabbis, to ask questions about pre-war life and just plain their take on today's frumkeit.

I want to share him: http://judaisme.sdv.fr/histoir.....h.htm
R' Albert (Avrum) Kirch, the war interrupted his rabbis studies, after the war he devoted to teach orphans, and kah 70 years after the war finally got the smicha Smile Resistant, Légion d'Honneur, wife zal was rebbetzin and singer, very very old school MO type Yekke. Attended our vort Smile
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics