Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Who is your favorite living rabbi?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

black sheep

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:05 am
southernbubby wrote:
I think it was on FB about the Holocaust, right? could you post a link?

about anti semitism. I have the paper version, but if you google it I bet you could find it.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:25 am
black sheep wrote:
about anti semitism. I have the paper version, but if you google it I bet you could find it.

Thanks, I may have seen it but want to check it out anyway.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:28 am
Ruchel wrote:
Fav how?
Most interesting?
Most relatable?
The one that gave me my best heterim? Wink

I like to "take advantage" when I meet those very old, Shoah survivor rabbis, to ask questions about pre-war life and just plain their take on today's frumkeit.

I want to share him: http://judaisme.sdv.fr/histoir.....h.htm
R' Albert (Avrum) Kirch, the war interrupted his rabbis studies, after the war he devoted to teach orphans, and kah 70 years after the war finally got the smicha Smile Resistant, Légion d'Honneur, wife zal was rebbetzin and singer, very very old school MO type Yekke. Attended our vort Smile

I didn't understand the site but I appreciated being able to see the face of an odom gadol. May he continue till 120.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 11:59 am
Rabbi Grossman of Migdal Ohr is such a tzaddik, I wish we could get continual brachos from him.
Rabbi Akiva Tatz is a wonderful lecturer.

And this will out me, so I'm going private, but this is my favorite Rav:
http://www.nerfoundation.org/rabbi-raccah/

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:00 pm
Rav Shmuel Kamenetzky

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:08 pm
Viznitz

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:12 pm
My father's elementary school Menahel, Rabbi Elias Schwartz. He was in Toras Emes for almost 50 years as an educator. He is an amazing Mechanech, and a very special person. My father is still close to him today, and he gives my father a lot of Chizzuk and strength to continue his work in Chinuch. He considers me a grandchild, and thus, must have hundreds of thousands of grandchildren from all of his Talmidim.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:12 pm
amother wrote:
Viznitz

Which ONE -- there are at least 3 of them that I know of.

japmom

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:55 pm
Rochmistrivker rebbe I like when we had a medical question with one of my children he asked how does the mother feel about a certain decision.

eschaya

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 1:36 pm
Rav Asher Weiss

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 4:44 pm
Rabbi Waxman Rabbi Frand

L25

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 7:46 pm
can we please add why they are your favorite and if you know them personally?

Thank you.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 7:54 pm
Well I like Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks because of the way he examines each part of what he is dealing with and makes it applicable to life today. I learn the historical aspect as well as the lesson that we are supposed to learn from it.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 7:56 pm
My accountant. Revenue Canada WISHES he worked for them.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 8:20 pm
why I admire Rabbi Waxman and Frand they're soooo inspiring when they speak and living examples

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 8:29 pm
Sorry to sidetrack, but can someone please confirm which Kalover Rebbe is sick. And where did you find this out? I can't find anything about this anywhere else.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 8:35 pm
I also heard something with the muscles. The one from Wmsb. travels all over the world making Baal Tshuvas

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 8:36 pm
Rabbi Eytan Feiner in Far Rockaway. He is such a huge huge huge mentch. Not to mention photographic memory and all.

Rabbi Eli Mansour. He is brilliant, a buki in like everything, and so incredibly personable. The kind of person who is funny without intending to at all. All the time.

Not alive-Rabbi Shimshon Pincus. So so inspiring. His voice is laden with such emotion, such sincerity and ehrlichkeit no matter what he's talking about. His voice literally makes me cry sometimes.

Thanks for this thread.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 8:46 pm
Rav Noach Orlowek. We have personal kesher so I'm amother. Incredible insights into individuals. Understands parenting in our times. Open minded, understanding, caring.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 8:47 pm
Rav Schlesinger in Monsey a Gaon many people professionals come to his shiurim - all hours of the night listening helping people
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics