Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Horrendous poopy accident - Can you top this?!?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 10:22 am
This is OP - more than 2 years later...
Just wanted to share that when that happened that day, I felt completely traumatized, I don't know why, but I just couldn't stop thinking about how embarrassed I was and how disgusting everything was. I cried a lot and thought about how hard it was to be a mother...
But then something happened that changed my perspective:
THAT NIGHT, I happened to be reading a magazine article about a 15 year old severely autistic boy who used to punish his parents daily by soiling his pants and many times spreading his stuff all over his room and himself. The article described the daily struggles these parents went through to live with this boy who was not growing up. As I was reading I thought about how my precious child was only 3, and will I"H grow up to live a full healthy life. This accident would be one little bump along the way to maturity.
I feel Hashem was comforting me in my time of pain, so I just wanted to share..

Isramom8

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 10:45 am
So true! And so great to put things in perspective of time.

Butterfly

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 11:31 am
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

My cleaning lady surely thinks I'm in-sane, as I'm laughing so uncontrollably loud.

These episodes were just way too funny...

oh you poor moms Sad embarrassed (Nervous)

Thanks for the laughs!!

Butterfly

Post Fri, May 15 2009, 11:32 am
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

My cleaning lady surely thinks I'm in-sane, as I'm laughing so uncontrollably loud.

These episodes were just way too funny...

oh you poor moms Sad embarrassed (Nervous)

Thanks for the laughs!!

Twizzlers

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 10:37 am
wow, those stories are pretty horrendous. Here's mine to add to the bunch:

DS was 6 months old and we went down to the Social Security Department to get him a number. While we're sitting in line, something starts to smell. Ok, no problem. I bring him into the bathroom (the only one around, it seems) and realized that we were in serious trouble. It went all the way up his back, and I was so confident he was past that stage I hadnt brought along a change of clothing. I started to undress him, but he wouldnt stop moving and it was getting all over the place, but like really. Then I ran out of wipes. With no other choice, I turned on the sink, held him over it and tried washing off all the dirt with my hands. Then comes the knock on the door - it was a mom with a little kid who had to make "now!". well, I'm really sorry, but I had poop flying all over the place, ds naked kicking and screaming while I held him over the sink, and there was no way I was coming out until I was completely done. and she just keeps knocking, but there's nothing I can do. I must have spent 20 minutes in that bathroom, it was probably most unsanitary by the time we were finished with it. I hope the mom found something else for her kid cuz there was no sign of them when we came out.

ok, after I typed that all up, it didnt seem so funny anymore, but at the time it was a disaster!!

amother

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 10:41 am
amother wrote:
This is OP - more than 2 years later...
Just wanted to share that when that happened that day, I felt completely traumatized, I don't know why, but I just couldn't stop thinking about how embarrassed I was and how disgusting everything was. I cried a lot and thought about how hard it was to be a mother...
But then something happened that changed my perspective:
THAT NIGHT, I happened to be reading a magazine article about a 15 year old severely autistic boy who used to punish his parents daily by soiling his pants and many times spreading his stuff all over his room and himself. The article described the daily struggles these parents went through to live with this boy who was not growing up. As I was reading I thought about how my precious child was only 3, and will I"H grow up to live a full healthy life. This accident would be one little bump along the way to maturity.
I feel Hashem was comforting me in my time of pain, so I just wanted to share..
OP I couldn't help wondering when I read your post. You said your child got poop all over the toys, ball area and moonbounce. How could it have gone on so long without your noticing? Who was watching your child?

zigi

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 11:05 am
eww!!!! twizzlers! I was with the newborn and dd went to the potty, I saw the kids my 18 month old shmear her #2 on the wall. I never thought that I would have to say stop shmearing your sisters #2 on the wall. op your right they are kids and its very gross but they are little and they will grow out of it. you can tell them stories of what they did when they are older or have their own kids.

amother

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 12:25 pm
amother wrote:
OP I couldn't help wondering when I read your post. You said your child got poop all over the toys, ball area and moonbounce. How could it have gone on so long without your noticing? Who was watching your child?

Rolling Eyes Not sure what you mean? No one was watching him. I just dropped off the kids in the play are and went shopping for a couple of hours, then returned to pick up them up after my nice relaxing afternoon... That's what I always do, you mean, I'm expected to watch them at all times?! Rolling Eyes

willow

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 1:13 pm
I just read the whole thread and feel light and giggly from it:)
First to the op I think you did nothing wrong. These things happen and you did the right, responsible thing.
My worst story was we were ready for take off (to Israel from the U.S) and my daughter went all over it just kept leaking. I took her to the bathroom because ppl were still boarding (we pre-boarded) and it went every everywhere. It took so long and the captain was all ready. By the time I came out (with the cabin stinking like something horrid) everyone was in their seats to watch me take the long trek to the back of the plane.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers