Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR KIDS TO PLAY ALONE!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 1:02 pm
I'm fairly certain that the woman meant only to convey a relationship; that the baby was part of the "Wheel to lease" family. Like one would say the baby is a Barton child.

Emotional post, grammatical error, I think that is all.
Wheel to Lease must be well known in her area, hence the short cut and improper grammar. She assumed all would know the family she referred to.

su7kids

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 1:52 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
I'm fairly certain that the woman meant only to convey a relationship; that the baby was part of the "Wheel to lease" family. Like one would say the baby is a Barton child.

Wheel to Lease must be well known in her area, hence the short cut and improper grammar. She assumed all would know the family she referred to.

OK, I think, but I don't know what a Barton child would be either! Forgive my cultural ignorance!!!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 2:09 pm
su7kids wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

OK, I think, but I don't know what a Barton child would be either! Forgive my cultural ignorance!!!
A Barton child, I imagine would be a child of the Barton candy company family. BUT-
The reason I think it's a rumor, is that the owners of "wheels to lease" last name starts with a H, and the baby's R"L last name starts with an E. Someone is Farmisht.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 2:11 pm
if u go mto their website someone by that name either works there or is an owner

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 2:20 pm
amother wrote:
su7kids wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

A Barton child, I imagine would be a child of the Barton candy company family. BUT-
The reason I think it's a rumor, is that the owners of "wheels to lease" last name starts with a H, and the baby's R"L last name starts with an E. Someone is Farmisht.

Barton probably would refer to the candy, but it could be any name.
It could be a rumor; perhaps the family is related to the Wheels for Lease family" does it really matter in the end? A family is sitting shiva for a child that barely had a chance to live. We need to learn, not blame.

redhot

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 2:28 pm
this story is terrifying. I read in the NY post that the driver was 84. I agree that older drivers should be required to take yearly or even biyearly tests to evaluate their driving skills.

I also think this driver should be charged with some sort of negligence. I often have to back my car out of my driveway during the daytime when kdis are outside. I am SO cautious!! I make sure to have my window open, I also make sure one of the neighbors (adults) is making sure no kids wander behind my car while im reversing. I go SO slowly.. and that is what ANYONE who lives on a block with little children should do. It is acceptable for kids to walk on a block and their mother be right behind them around here. It is the responsibility of the DRIVER to not run over someone!!!

The story is a tragedy.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 2:49 pm
E59Y wrote:
I would like to apologize for calling old people, alteh kakers. I realize it was wrong and I just typed it in frustration. I'm sorry. I should've written older persons.
Again, I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. embarrassed
Thumbs Up that's mentshlich! On behalf of all older people, I accept your apology! LOL

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 3:20 pm
E59Y wrote:
I would like to apologize for calling old people, alteh kakers. I realize it was wrong and I just typed it in frustration. I'm sorry. I should've written older persons.
Again, I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. embarrassed

E59Y - du bist a gutte maidele Wink Mr. Green

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 3:21 pm
TzenaRena wrote:
Quote:
Again, that does not mean that they have to move to old age homes and be dependent on others, it just means that they CAN'T DRIVE.
And that would put them in the old age home 123, for some.

Yup.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 3:25 pm
you know - somehow I think that woman who ran over the baby ... wishes she was in that old age home instead of having been able to drive and having made such an irreparable mistake ... the baby is not coming back ... the lady can still walk ...

Mevater

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 4:14 pm
greenfire wrote:
you know - somehow I think that woman who ran over the baby ... wishes she was in that old age home instead of having been able to drive and having made such an irreparable mistake ... the baby is not coming back ... the lady can still walk ...
For sure. I read in a news article that she adored the kids on the block. Let's all re member though that many times accidents like these happen at the hands of young and middle aged people as well. Sad

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 4:16 pm
I don't understand how she could've driven off without noticing!?
To drive over a child and not notice anything amiss? I'm sure the parents were screaming and running to the scene.... ?
In camp we once ran over a skunk, and we were definitely able to tell that we drove over something.
It doesn't make too much sense to me.

SO, SO SAD! Poor parents. Do they have any other children?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 10:36 pm
My husband was a paramedic on the call. It was a terrible tragedy. 2 comments I have are
1)It is not our place to judge the parent or the driver
2)My husband had the yeshiva world news open on his computer last night. I noticed that it was speculation at the point I read it, and told him that I was not at all impressed.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 10:49 pm
I'm the previous amother. I thought about it some more, and I want to say that I am really shocked by this thread. I can assure you that at least the hatzalah memers are not blaming anyone, who even knows if the parents are blaming anyone, so why do we feel the need to blame someone. My husband was on a different call a few years ago. Our friend was driving a car at a normal speed and a 7 year old boy ran in front of her car. They were not sure if he was going to make it, our friend the driver was hysterical, and what do you think the boy's father said to the hysterical driver. "I'm very sorry". This was when he did not know if his son was going to survive. That story really hit home because my son was 7 years old at the time, and I was thinking that it could have been him. I learned a lot from the story, and maybe other people here can too.

mimivan

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 9:10 am
TzenaRena wrote:
Quote:
Again, that does not mean that they have to move to old age homes and be dependent on others, it just means that they CAN'T DRIVE.
And that would put them in the old age home 123, for some.

Yup, that's what happened to my bubbe...but then again, she really needed to stop driving...but maybe at 80 when she was hitting mailboxes...not at 70!

And I suppose even someone at 80 who takes a test may be fine...

amother

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 9:42 pm
The father of the baby is employed by Wheels to Lease. This is not a rumor, it is not the owner, a worker's son. We can't judge what happened, but there is mussar for us from both points. This woman should not be driving any more, and older ppl need to be checked more often for their driving abilities, also as mothers we need to always be careful with our precious gifts, our children, maybe we can never be too careful.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 7:30 am
I was talking to a friend, and she mentioned her grandmother in law (a mere 85 or so) was still driving around. I expressed surprise and she said something like. "Well, if she can't drive it will me who has to take her around everywhere."

So it could be it is the adult kids who do not want their elderly parents to stop driving, because they are the ones who will have to take them everywhere. (and who wants to be dependent on their kids?)

Although I'm not sure whats wrong with minicabs.

Motek

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 5:44 pm
I find most of the posts in this thread off-topic, not only because the thread title is wrong since the child wasn't left alone, but because the tragedy had nothing to do with age!

I had a neighbor who ran over his own child, nebach Sad and he was probably in his 40's at the time. I see no connection between pulling in or out of a driveway and the driver's age.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 5:54 pm
the boy's father said to the hysterical driver. "I'm very sorry". This was when he did not know if his son was going to survive. That story really hit home because my son was 7 years old at the time, and I was thinking that it could have been him. I learned a lot from the story, and maybe other people here can too.

thanks for posting this, amazing lesson to be learnt....

HindaRochel

Post Sat, Jun 23 2007, 3:32 pm
Here is a link to an article about back-over deaths, and it is relative to the topic of conversation.
http://www.mail.com/NewsArticl.....eid=1
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics