Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
ISO Chol Hamoed ideas NY-NJ
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 12:03 am
Has anyone been to Queens County Farm Museum? I'm looking for something farm-y to do with my little kids and it's hard to tell from their website exactly how much is offered, especially during the week because it seems to be mainly a weekend attraction. Can you pet the animals? Can you tour the farmhouse? I know there are formal tours on weekends but are you able to go in and look around on weekdays? Please share experiences.

Also open to other recommendations of a petting farm/u-pick type place near NYC. But what I like about Queens County is that it's free and not far so if we get stuck in rain we haven't lost much time or money.

sky

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 8:56 am
I remember reading about a mystery room in the Ausbury Park Press on the Jersey Shore as well. Someone who went in NY told me there are different rooms. Some have mature content and you have to be over 18. She took her teenage daughters with some friends and said it was cool.

We went yesterday to the Philly Zoo and it was deserted and the weather was amazing in the afternoon when we were there.

Be sure to check the hourly forecast because even if they are calling for rain it may clear up when you want to be outside.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 9:08 am
I went to the Queens zoo. It's small and not worth the drive from NJ (if that's where you're coming from). My kids liked it but that was partially because they met up with relatives there. I think it's great for the families who live nearby but nothing worth driving for. I heard there are hands on farms owned by frum people in or near lakewood.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 11:39 am
Any outdoor ideas in nyc for kids ages 9-15 today?

sky

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 12:14 pm
statue of liberty?

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 12:23 pm
So it's not raining but after a cold, windy brunch in the sukkah I am seriously doubting my outdoor plans. Wondering if Children's Museum of the Arts will be crowded. It's a little off the beaten path so maybe it won't have been discovered yet. Plan B is AMNH which is big enough to handle whoever comes to it.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 12:27 pm
amother wrote:
Any outdoor ideas in nyc for kids ages 9-15 today?

Hatzala fair in Staten Island?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics