Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
This forum is infuriating. Vaccinate your kids!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Think1st

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 5:21 am
LittleDucky wrote:
The kid and their family admitted it. That's good enough proof...
Yes, they may not necessarily be Petri dishes of germs and disease. But during a outbreak of a contagious but preventable disease I might not let my family have a sleepover or play date with kids who aren't vaccinated. I know way to many immunocompromised, elderly or infant individuals. And if I knew that they may have gotten sick by coming to my kid's birthday party I couldn't forgive myself...

And I didn't mention hep b anywhere. I was talking about hpv... That can only come via S-x. And there is an age limit on vaccination. Hep b can come about through any infected blood or bodily fluid... Like touching someone's open sore or wound, sharing a toothbrush etc. not necessarily through relations and could happen CV to little kids...

1. You want to have the cake & eat it ? you claim that kids need protection against hep-b,& at the same time, they push a law to give it to kids without parental consent since it is an STD

http://www.sott.net/article/26.....nsent

2. Childhood mumps is gift from G-D, long term immunity, protection against many cancers.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 9:27 am
Think1st wrote:
1. You want to have the cake & eat it ? you claim that kids need protection against hep-b,& at the same time, they push a law to give it to kids without parental consent since it is an STD

http://www.sott.net/article/26.....nsent

2. Childhood mumps is gift from G-D, long term immunity, protection against many cancers.

This is not a gotcha question though I am pretty much pro vax.
How often are kids getting mumps now? I personally don't know of anyone my age (middle age) or younger who's had it.
I should mention though that there are many things we can do to protect ourselves against cancer, practical hishtadlus-wise, such as eating well and exercising. Just as a comforting note for those of us who were vaxed and vaxed our kids, so it's too late for us.

momi

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 9:56 am
PinkFridge wrote:
This is not a gotcha question though I am pretty much pro vax.
How often are kids getting mumps now? I personally don't know of anyone my age (middle age) or younger who's had it.
I should mention though that there are many things we can do to protect ourselves against cancer, practical hishtadlus-wise, such as eating well and exercising. Just as a comforting note for those of us who were vaxed and vaxed our kids, so it's too late for us.

I personally have 2 family members that suffered from the mumps. It affects fertility in men and unfortunately negatively affected my family member's fertility. I have heard of many other cases as well.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 10:40 am
momi wrote:
I personally have 2 family members that suffered from the mumps. It affects fertility in men and unfortunately negatively affected my family member's fertility. I have heard of many other cases as well.

I think the mumps-fertility connection was mentioned upthread.
And I didn't mean to say it isn't happening, I have heard of it, but no one I know personally, so I assume it's not as rampant as say, chicken pox was 15-20 years ago.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 10:46 am
Think1st wrote:
Any proof?

For which? That hpv causes cervical cancer? There is so much research about this, and I can recommend the book "the immortal life of Henrietta skloot" as a starter. The onus is on you to prove your claim that TH prevents hpv from manifesting as cervical cancer.

Prove that too much unprotected sun exposure causes melanoma? I'm actually shocked that this is a question but if you really don't know I will find articles when I get home.

Frumdoc

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 12:34 pm
Mumps outbreaks occurred 5 and 6 years ago in Murray in Yerushalayim as well as other yeshivot, I know many many bochrum who were affected. The source was thought to be the mikvaot they were going to.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 8:18 pm
Frumdoc wrote:
Mumps outbreaks occurred 5 and 6 years ago in Murray in Yerushalayim as well as other yeshivot, I know many many bochrum who were affected. The source was thought to be the mikvaot they were going to.

Yikes. Because it was mentioned upthread that young children who get mumps don't suffer the same repercussions older patients do.

doublemama

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 8:38 pm
Childhood mumps protects you against certain cancers? Glad to hear those terrible 2 weeks were not in vain!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics